The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Waitrose/John Lewis/Marks and Spencer of Technology. People will pay a higher price for a good product, where as a lot of people feel they get the same for less without the brand of fancy packaging.

Apple really have got their marketing spot on.
Reply 21
overpriced/overhyped

even worse are practices such as...

http://channel.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19567
PC, white, ipod brand, pricey, Mac.
Overpriced, overhyped and under-specced products.
Definitely overpriced and over hyped. I've never really been a fan of it even though I do have an iPod.
Reply 25
Apple Inc. screwing over Apple Corps. big time
Effective marketing and shrewd strategy.
When i think Apple i think 'preying on the minds of weak uninformed individuals'
Screwing over customers, DRM, turning music from a product into a service, complete abhorrent evil.
Reply 29
A novelty which soon wears off.
What comes to mind: stylish, sleek, well designed products, a youth brand, safari, itunes, ipods, iphone.

I think some products e.g. Macs are overpriced hence why I won't buy one but they really opened up the music player market and made others buck up their ideas.

I think if their Mac were cheaper they could really contend with other laptop makes more so then they currently do.

OP why don't you make one survey? Like on survey monkey or the equivalent?
great high quality & high performance products that last
Podgeykins
Restriction Applied for "High" quality Products.

No bluetooth in iphones make me sick.

iPhones do have Bluetooth... So you can stop throwing up now. :smile:
Podgeykins
Restriction Applied for "High" quality Products.

No bluetooth in iphones make me sick.

btw, the iphone does have bluetooth.
I think of iPods and MacBooks, and generally slick and well finished products.
Reply 35
Ultimate Tutor
Hi all,
I am doing a research on Apple Inc as part of my school project and I would much appreciate it if you could take the time to help me in doing so. All you have to do is just leave a simple reply so as to answer the below question. (Basically how you would brand Apple Inc in the shortest possible description) thanks everyone. :smile:

What is that first come to your mind when you see/hear Apple (Computers) Inc. ?

They have the only Marketing department in the world that can polish a turd.
a company that knows its product, knows its market and has become so successful because of it.
yoyo462001
When i think Apple i think 'preying on the minds of weak uninformed individuals'

I don't know about that, there's been plenty of more knowledgeable people using Apple products. Stephen Fry, for one.
the best looking products out there, good technology, shiny white stuff, good adverts, fun, ipods, friendly
Reply 39
Mac, iPod, iPhone, sleek design, high-end prices.

Latest

Trending

Trending