The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Another 10,000 posts have gone by in the depression soc...so it's time for a new thread.

This society welcomes all members who may be suffering from depression, where we get together and help support each other to try and help ourselves through the rough times, and perhaps share advice that might help out fellow sufferers.

So, bring on the discussion, bring on the hugs...and maybe one day, bring on the happiness :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
daniel_williams
Another 10,000 posts have gone by in the depression soc...so it's time for a new thread.

This society welcomes all members who may be suffering from depression, where we get together and help support each other to try and help ourselves through the rough times, and perhaps share advice that might help out fellow sufferers.

So, bring on the discussion, bring on the hugs...and maybe one day, bring on the happiness :smile:

I'm in Leicester square for you dan :puppyeyes:

How is everyone today? Hope you're all well :hugs:
BruceTaylor

you are aware i'm not likely going to be able to make it..

Stupid work, everything going wrong! I've been here since 6:00 this morning and i'm not likely to be leaving until about 4:00 tonight. There is a possibility I may make an appearance later though :smile:
Reply 3
BruceTaylor

Hi Bruce, how are you today? :hugs:
Morning everyone.
Reply 5
SuicidalLemming
Morning everyone.

Hi SL, how are you? :hugs:
Reply 6
hey everyone
:hugs: to anyone who needs them
Reply 7
Immunity
hey everyone
:hugs: to anyone who needs them

:hugs: How are you Immunity?
well I hate to make the first whiny depressing post in the new thread but I need it.
I am sick of life, sick of being made to feel like this.
since I was old enough to have a sense of self, that self has been a victim; someone who isn't worth anything more than what he did to me. I get treated like **** at work, walked all over. I've had a huge argument with my brother tonight and he's told me yet again that i'm worthless piece of **** and he wishes i'd kill myself. My mum has said i'm a manipulative bitch. I was banned from my best friends funeral because it was all my fault and everyone i've ever loved has decided to walk all over me and not care what damage they do.
I don't even feel like a human being any more, I just feel like a punch bag. I feel like my brain is going to explode the next time someone makes me feel like I should smack my head against a brick wall until my skull caves in. I'm terrified it's going to be webber as well. I have no idea what he sees in me and why he's with me. I'm considering ending it before he finalizes moving in because I don't want to get further down the line and he realises that all I'm good for is ******* (whether I want to or not) and torturing.

hopefully if i can eliminate one area i'll be able to cope better with the others, like when I quit the hotel it will make living with ali easier.
Reply 9
Sighs :frown:
starchild
Sighs :frown:

what's up?
Reply 11
death.drop
well I hate to make the first whiny depressing post in the new thread but I need it.
I am sick of life, sick of being made to feel like this.
since I was old enough to have a sense of self, that self has been a victim; someone who isn't worth anything more than what he did to me. I get treated like **** at work, walked all over. I've had a huge argument with my brother tonight and he's told me yet again that i'm worthless piece of **** and he wishes i'd kill myself. My mum has said i'm a manipulative bitch. I was banned from my best friends funeral because it was all my fault and everyone i've ever loved has decided to walk all over me and not care what damage they do.
I don't even feel like a human being any more, I just feel like a punch bag. I feel like my brain is going to explode the next time someone makes me feel like I should smack my head against a brick wall until my skull caves in. I'm terrified it's going to be webber as well. I have no idea what he sees in me and why he's with me. I'm considering ending it before he finalizes moving in because I don't want to get further down the line and he realises that all I'm good for is ******* (whether I want to or not) and torturing.

hopefully if i can eliminate one area i'll be able to cope better with the others, like when I quit the hotel it will make living with ali easier.

i know that it's not easy to live in this situation , but for all problems we find solutions . so u must be confident of yourself u have to think about good things and try to be optimestic :smile:
amal1988
i know that it's not easy to live in this situation , but for all problems we find solutions . so u must be confident of yourself u have to think about good things and try to be optimestic :smile:

Reply 13
broke down in front of my dad today, tried to explain everything, how unhappy I am, crying, anger, mood swings, etc and he said yeah we've all noticed it, he thinks i'm just being a bitch for no reason and that i'm trying to blame it on depression. I told him i'm seeing a counsellor when i go back uni, he belittled it and laughed at it, and told me to go the doctor (which i will be doing anyway) and get it sorted out, like it was a problem that could just be fixed like that and he was saying that they'res women who have kids and who go from man to man who pop out babies and are able to find happiness in their lives, why can't you, are you a freak? is they're something wrong with you?. you're not normal. all you do is sit in your room all day talking to your friends on the internet. (when in fact i do this to keep in contact with my uni friends over summer, and i see my home friends when they're not working, altho there is only two of them, and i do go the gym and work as well!) He thinks all my problems stem from the fact that i'm "selfish". He keeps saying, maybe you should just get a job then, uni obviously isn't for you if you can't cope, everyone else can. He's kicking me out at the end of summer and has made it known i'm not welcome back again because all we do is argue, hence why i stay in my room away from him, because nothing I ever do is right in his eyes. I finally build up the courage to tell him about my depression and he just laughs at it and makes me cry :frown:
Reply 14
ii feel sad
Reply 15
Had a bad week again. it is awful when you have an unexpected high for a couple of days and then feel low again for weeks or sometimes months aterwards :frown:

How is everybody doing?
Reply 16
Malsy
ii feel sad

:hugs: Why?
Reply 17
BruceTaylor
:hugs: Why?

just having family over; little things like that get to me as i used to be fun+loving+vibrant and im not any more

it just makes me :sad: + :cry:
Reply 18
Malsy
just having family over; little things like that get to me as i used to be fun+loving+vibrant and im not any more

it just makes me :sad: + :cry:

:hugs: x2, I know how bad familt can be, trust me. You just need to be strong and remember that you're the better person for being strong and not giving in :smile:
twizzle
broke down in front of my dad today, tried to explain everything, how unhappy I am, crying, anger, mood swings, etc and he said yeah we've all noticed it, he thinks i'm just being a bitch for no reason and that i'm trying to blame it on depression. I told him i'm seeing a counsellor when i go back uni, he belittled it and laughed at it, and told me to go the doctor (which i will be doing anyway) and get it sorted out, like it was a problem that could just be fixed like that and he was saying that they'res women who have kids and who go from man to man who pop out babies and are able to find happiness in their lives, why can't you, are you a freak? is they're something wrong with you?. you're not normal. all you do is sit in your room all day talking to your friends on the internet. (when in fact i do this to keep in contact with my uni friends over summer, and i see my home friends when they're not working, altho there is only two of them, and i do go the gym and work as well!) He thinks all my problems stem from the fact that i'm "selfish". He keeps saying, maybe you should just get a job then, uni obviously isn't for you if you can't cope, everyone else can. He's kicking me out at the end of summer and has made it known i'm not welcome back again because all we do is argue, hence why i stay in my room away from him, because nothing I ever do is right in his eyes. I finally build up the courage to tell him about my depression and he just laughs at it and makes me cry :frown:

there isn't anything wrong with you, parents can be surprisingly harsh and somehow feel like they have a right to be. And unless they use the internet in the same way as you they don't really understand it, my mum's the same as your dad, doesn't really understand that you're talking to people you know and care about.
I'm so sorry that this happened, I say give him a little while and see if he feels any differently, hopefully once he's had some time to reflect he'll realise he was a little out of order.

Malsy
ii feel sad

what up home dawg?

xxkaylsxx
Had a bad week again. it is awful when you have an unexpected high for a couple of days and then feel low again for weeks or sometimes months aterwards :frown:

i guess all you can do is try to think about the things you felt good about and remember they will come again. Maybe when you get those ups you should make notes of the exact moments you feel good and take lots of photos. that way you'll have little reminders which hopefully should take your mind back there just a little bit and might help you identify triggers.

Latest