The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

blue_shift86
hi Rachel! :hugs: long time no see or chat. How're you coping? :smile:

Hiya :hugs: Yeah I'm not too bad thanks, trying to keep a positive outlook on things. The first two weeks back at uni seemed really easy, not really any problems but now I'm sort of falling back into my old patterns. I think the lack of sleep makes things worse too but things aren't too bad. Need to sort out my confidence though, it seems to have hit rock bottom again :rolleyes: . How are you?
forgot to go shopping. Needed food, looked in the cupboard and found an old tin of pork goulash - great! put the rice on, opened the tin......discovered a ridiculous amount of white growth on the top :puke:

Looked in fridge, found 1/3 container 2 week old pasta sauce. Along with a small amount of 2 week old cabbage, 3 week old feta cheese and a couple of semi-soft radishes knocking about at the back. Mix it all together.....just about edible.

I have learnt my lesson, never again will I forget to buy food. :sigh:
Sabertooth
forgot to go shopping. Needed food, looked in the cupboard and found an old tin of pork goulash - great! put the rice on, opened the tin......discovered a ridiculous amount of white growth on the top :puke:

Looked in fridge, found 1/3 container 2 week old pasta sauce. Along with a small amount of 2 week old cabbage, 3 week old feta cheese and a couple of semi-soft radishes knocking about at the back. Mix it all together.....just about edible.

I have learnt my lesson, never again will I forget to buy food. :sigh:

You sure it wasn't just a good healthy layer of pig fat?

That sounds truly vile. Although I'm currently weighing up the pros and cons of eating half a slice of beans on toast left over from yesterday... I have a feeling it'll be nasty.
superwolf
You sure it wasn't just a good healthy layer of pig fat?

That sounds truly vile. Although I'm currently weighing up the pros and cons of eating half a slice of beans on toast left over from yesterday... I have a feeling it'll be nasty.

As far as I remember, pig fat doesn't generally smell rancid :p:

The old beans on toast doesn't sound great, day old toast with butter on eaten cold is nice though. Shame you ruined it with beans :frown:
Sabertooth
As far as I remember, pig fat doesn't generally smell rancid :p:

The old beans on toast doesn't sound great, day old toast with butter on eaten cold is nice though. Shame you ruined it with beans :frown:

The tragedy of the thing is I have sausages in the fridge, but I'm feeling too ill/antisocial to go and cook them.
superwolf
The tragedy of the thing is I have sausages in the fridge, but I'm feeling too ill/antisocial to go and cook them.

Could you put them in the oven? Then you only have to go in 3 times - turn oven on, leave for 10mins, put sausages in then come back when they're cooked. it's so much less effort than grilling them.
On the topic of culinary miss-haps I only went and mixed brown sugar with my brown rice...wonder how that will taste tomorrow...

How are you all today? Got a splitting headache and am really tired but I need to do some work and clean my room, its a mess lol.
Sabertooth
Could you put them in the oven? Then you only have to go in 3 times - turn oven on, leave for 10mins, put sausages in then come back when they're cooked. it's so much less effort than grilling them.

My problem has once again been solved by eating fruitcake. Food I have eaten today: breakfast - cake, lunch - cake, dinner - cake. Might round it off in a couple of hours with another slice of cake.
RachelOranges
On the topic of culinary miss-haps I only went and mixed brown sugar with my brown rice...wonder how that will taste tomorrow...

How are you all today? Got a splitting headache and am really tired but I need to do some work and clean my room, its a mess lol.

How'd you manage that? You could probably wash the sugar out I expect.

I'm alright, generally feeling a bit spaced and rubbish from my new drugs, but things could be worse. The nausea didn't last at least.
superwolf
My problem has once again been solved by eating fruitcake. Food I have eaten today: breakfast - cake, lunch - cake, dinner - cake. Might round it off in a couple of hours with another slice of cake.

I wish I liked fruit cake... Today I have eaten a cheese and ham toastie. And I felt like I was going to throw up as I made it/forced it down my neck. Sigh. I hate the phases I go through with food, this time last week I was stuffing everything in sight down my neck, now I can't be bothered to eat and nothing seems appealing anymore.

And this bloody essay doesn't make any sense and I can't write and I give up :frown:
kiss_me_now9
I wish I liked fruit cake... Today I have eaten a cheese and ham toastie. And I felt like I was going to throw up as I made it/forced it down my neck. Sigh. I hate the phases I go through with food, this time last week I was stuffing everything in sight down my neck, now I can't be bothered to eat and nothing seems appealing anymore.

And this bloody essay doesn't make any sense and I can't write and I give up :frown:

:console: Try taking a break and coming back to it in an hour or two, might make more sense then.

If I didn't like fruitcake I'd probably have starved myself to death by now. Sometimes it's the only thing I eat for days at a time.
superwolf
:console: Try taking a break and coming back to it in an hour or two, might make more sense then.

If I didn't like fruitcake I'd probably have starved myself to death by now. Sometimes it's the only thing I eat for days at a time.

I'm thinking watching Being Human, then just making a rough outline on it is a good plan :yy: A little bit of work is better than none, right?
kiss_me_now9
I'm thinking watching Being Human, then just making a rough outline on it is a good plan :yy: A little bit of work is better than none, right?

Good plan.
superwolf
How'd you manage that? You could probably wash the sugar out I expect.

I'm alright, generally feeling a bit spaced and rubbish from my new drugs, but things could be worse. The nausea didn't last at least.

Yeah I guess I was just so tired I didn't know what I was doing until I looked down and though "hmm this rice looks really grainy" lol.

Ah I've heard that it can take a while to get used to new drugs, just take things slowly and get pleanty of rest ( says the one who never gets enough sleep ).

kiss_me_now9

And this bloody essay doesn't make any sense and I can't write and I give up

I hate those phases with food, the past two weeks I've just een stuffing my self and now I can't really eat much, the idea of food just repulses me. :rolleyes:

Just a general question to people, have you been in relationships whilst going through depression? I'm currently enjoying the company of someone, I'm not sure where things are going but we do act very couply...holding hands kissing etc...but we just haven't made it official. I'm don't think a relationship is what I need right now, he says he really likes me but I'm scared that if he sees me at my worst he will run a mile. I don't think he'd stick around. I'm scared of letting him get too close and falling for him. I don't think I could deal with being hurt, not right now. Then again I don't want to keep using my issues as an excuse to never get involved with someone...
Really want to talk to my sister, so I can even just pretend to be ok for a while. She's busy just now though... And I have to keep myself from crying in case she does call. So ******* sick of this.
RachelOranges
Hiya :hugs: Yeah I'm not too bad thanks, trying to keep a positive outlook on things. The first two weeks back at uni seemed really easy, not really any problems but now I'm sort of falling back into my old patterns. I think the lack of sleep makes things worse too but things aren't too bad. Need to sort out my confidence though, it seems to have hit rock bottom again :rolleyes: . How are you?

hi,

i could better; i am reading a book about suicide which is strangely soothing (called "the virgin suicides"). i am going to try to read more books from not on because it allows me to escape the torrid reality that i live in! Now to dream about suicide:smile: goodnight folks:smile:
blue_shift86
hi,

i could better; i am reading a book about suicide which is strangely soothing (called "the virgin suicides"). i am going to try to read more books from not on because it allows me to escape the torrid reality that i live in! Now to dream about suicide:smile: goodnight folks:smile:

I love reading, I don't know what would become of me if it wasn't for literature, I love escaping. I've just come back from a walk and I'm so in love with the stars in the sky right now. I'd never seen stars until I moved to Uni. How sad is that? typical London lol.

Night everyone.
I knew I wasn't good enough.

Leeds have rejected me :frown: :cry:
kiss_me_now9

:console: I'm sorry. :frown:

Have you applied anywhere else?
kiss_me_now9

:hugs: i know it must feel rubbish but try not take it personally - don't leeds have something like the second highest number of applicants in the country? i read that somewhere earlier.. (i'm thinking of re-applying there next year.)

where else have you applied? do you have any other offers yet?

this probably isn't much comfort right now but everything really will work out for the best in the end. :smile: i was devastated when UCL rejected me last year, but ultimately it's probably a good thing that they did because given what i've gone through this year, i would have screwed it up anyway. it sounds silly but i really do believe that everything happens for a reason. it hurts when you have your heart set on something and then you can't have it, but that doesn't mean you won't be equally as happy somewhere else!

Latest