The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

dappleddawndrawndauphin
I have zopiclone - took it once, NEVER AGAIN. Not only did I not sleep, it made me feel like crap the next day, had this awful bitter taste in my mouth and was walking around like a zombie (well, more so than usual :p: ) I didn't get hallucinations but I felt pretty bizarre. Are you feeling ok today? Glad you managed to get a break from the health team :smile:

I am feeling surprisingly good today. I haven't taken my sertraline, which is partly why I feel better. It usually makes me tired, lazy and moody, and makes concentration impossible. So, I'm actually getting on with some work for once :p:

And yeah. Zopiclone is good if it makes you go to sleep. But if somehow you manage to stay awake on it (like me) then it can get scary. I saw a person on my bed when I walked into my bedroom last night, and it started waving at me, but when I got closer it ended up just being my crumpled up bedsheets. It's really annoying too because, it'll make my limbs heavy and make me feel zombie-like, but it won't make me sleep, so I literally am lying there in a comba like state.
35mm_
I am feeling surprisingly good today. I haven't taken my sertraline, which is partly why I feel better. It usually makes me tired, lazy and moody, and makes concentration impossible. So, I'm actually getting on with some work for once

And yeah. Zopiclone is good if it makes you go to sleep. But if somehow you manage to stay awake on it (like me) then it can get scary. I saw a person on my bed when I walked into my bedroom last night, and it started waving at me, but when I got closer it ended up just being my crumpled up bedsheets. It's really annoying too because, it'll make my limbs heavy and make me feel zombie-like, but it won't make me sleep, so I literally am lying there in a comba like state.

Glad you're feeling good today! Ah, that's interesting (and annoying of course :frown: ) about the sertraline - I have a feeling the fluoxetine might be contributing to the extreme tiredness that's stopping me from getting much done. Have you tried taking the sertraline at night instead? I might try that today instead of making myself tired at noon...

Yeah I think that can be a real danger with sleeping medication. They put me on something when I had a breakdown four years ago that didn't make me sleep but actually finished pushing me over the edge into hallucination-territory. Never fun :s-smilie: I'd avoid it if I were you!
I'm back from my 1 week ban guys! How is everyone? :biggrin:. Anything happen in the last week?

Hope you're all well :hugs: I missed everyone
blue_shift86
I'm back from my 1 week ban guys! How is everyone? :biggrin:. Anything happen in the last week?

:itsme: Welcome back.

I just bought a pair of bongo drums online. :biggrin: My housemates are gonna hate me...
superwolf
:itsme: Welcome back.

I just bought a pair of bongo drums online. :biggrin: My housemates are gonna hate me...

Thanks superwolf! What are dongo drums? Do they make a lot of noise? :eek: If so I think your house mates will hate you indeed:wink:

I can't get myself to work! so boring!
blue_shift86
Thanks superwolf! What are dongo drums? Do they make a lot of noise? :eek: If so I think your house mates will hate you indeed:wink:

I can't get myself to work! so boring!

They shouldn't actually be too loud but our walls are quite thin and I plan to play a lot...
blue_shift86

Hope you're all well I missed everyone

Welcome back :biggrin: How've you been?
superwolf: Those drums look amazing, have fun!

OK, I am *definitely* going to start taking the fluoxetine at night/evening - I didn't take one at lunch time today and for the first time in 2 weeks I don't feel like my brain is wading through treacle, and I can actually work :s-smilie: (though in fairness I think going on a walk, making a curry and drinking lots of water helped too).
Reply 3427
:cry:
Nothos
:cry:

:hugs: What's up?
Yet again I thought today was going to be okay, but I'm sooo tired! I'm fed up of not being able to do anything. On the bright side, at least my thoughts were 'normal', but then I'm too tired to think of anything. I'm also getting really nervous about work - I cancelled on Saturday, so promised I'd rearrange sometime this week, but don't see myself being able to do it any time soon... I'm seriously considering quitting at the moment, which I'll regret in a few months.

The loss of appetite is ridiculous too, last time it got this far, I ended up relapsing with my eating disorder, which I really can't deal with right now.

Oh yay, pill time.
I can't cope. Had a ****** weekend doing nothing as usual. Emailed uni counselling service to book an appointment but they said over the phone it could take two weeks to get one -i know its not long but i really feel like i need it now. i feel like crying all the time. dreading uni this week. got my 2nd app with doctor wed at least. need a hug :frown:
Summer_Lovin
I can't cope. Had a ****** weekend doing nothing as usual. Emailed uni counselling service to book an appointment but they said over the phone it could take two weeks to get one -i know its not long but i really feel like i need it now. i feel like crying all the time. dreading uni this week. got my 2nd app with doctor wed at least. need a hug :frown:

:hugs:
Don't worry I'm sure that you'll get the counselling sessions soon enough, from perosnal experience it is good to just talk about things. At least you are taking the right steps forward to helping yourself feel more in control/better about things.

blue_shift86
I'm back from my 1 week ban guys! How is everyone? . Anything happen in the last week?

Hope you're all well I missed everyone

Welcome back :hugs: how are you doing? I'm not too bad myself thanks, after a pretty emotional/stressful week of workplacement I'm feeling quite rejuvenated.
steffi.alexa
Yet again I thought today was going to be okay, but I'm sooo tired! I'm fed up of not being able to do anything. On the bright side, at least my thoughts were 'normal', but then I'm too tired to think of anything. I'm also getting really nervous about work - I cancelled on Saturday, so promised I'd rearrange sometime this week, but don't see myself being able to do it any time soon... I'm seriously considering quitting at the moment, which I'll regret in a few months.

The loss of appetite is ridiculous too, last time it got this far, I ended up relapsing with my eating disorder, which I really can't deal with right now.

Oh yay, pill time.

:hugs: ahh I struggle with loss of appetite/ food issues too, I lost about 1 stone in a week and a half just moving to Uni, I was so unwell I just started shaking and having panic attacks every time I ate. I'm getting better though. Don't quit work if you don't think it will benefit you in the long run. I know it seems hard but sometimes you've just got to throw yourself out there and try to stay ontop of things. The more you admit defeat about things and become a slave to your feelings and fears the more incapacited you will become and its not fun being controlled by your fears :frown: . That what I try to tell myself everytime I get those horrible feelings.
blue_shift86

welcome back :smile:
How come you got banned? sorry if you said it already, havent been on here much.
RachelOranges
:hugs:
Don't worry I'm sure that you'll get the counselling sessions soon enough, from perosnal experience it is good to just talk about things. At least you are taking the right steps forward to helping yourself feel more in control/better about things.

Yeh just getting really impatient about things now. Thanks for replying, feel like noone in real life truly understands. mum still wants me off meds even though i havent even been on them 3 weeks yet :rolleyes:

also something i have thought a bit about recently: (mainly due to one of my housemates)
anyone feel like there are some people who just seem unusually happy ALL the time? like their life seems so perfect. it makes me jealous...not a good thing i know. and when i am around them i feel like i have to constantly put on this happy face even when i feel ***** as to not 'bring them down. and even when i feel quite happy, whenever i come into contact with them i feel 'lower' because they are happier. the weird thing is this is the person who i am closest to in the house and we get on really well...

hmmm anyone else get this? part of the reason i feel totally confused about who i really am any more :s-smilie:
I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment. I know alot of people on here know why I'm depressed etc, but for those of you that don't I'll just say that I've been depressed for a good 9 months because of social difficulties associated with asperger's, attempted suicide in november 2009.

At the moment I'm just feeling like I have no feelings towards anybody, friends, family etc. I mean I do care about them but since my attempt it has just became more and more obvious to me that people simply don't care about oneanother. People are just fake, lying, *****, frankly. It is societie's fault I attempted suicide, and if I finally do it in future. I just feel so sick to death of the way people and society behave and treat others.
I tried getting help from my uni', and although they are good at sitting down and chatting, if you need any practical help, then they are more concerned with beauracracy (spelling?) than actually giving you the help, despite the situation.
People are an absolute joke, and I don't want to sound like an emo because I'm not, but I am really starting to feel like I hate everybody. I don't just feel depressed about the asperger's problems, but incredibly angry because I wouldn't have problems if people weren't such *****.

sigh...
Summer_Lovin
welcome back :smile:
How come you got banned? sorry if you said it already, havent been on here much.

go banned pretty much for hating the gym and abusing a mod who took the mickey out of that gym thread i made. I replied "stick the gym up your ******* fat arse you fat bitch" to her in a pm - got 10 points. Got 7 other points for 'trolling', even thought that gym thread i made wasn't really a troll!

here's the thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23624378#post23624378

Good to see you summer_lovin. I hope you are well:smile:
I really do not feel good tonight... seeing too much of my family is definitely wearing me down.
Omg. For the first time in a very long time I actually felt almost normal :eek: My housemates asked if I fancied going bowling with them...holy ****! Everyone was friendly and nice and laughing and omg it was so awesome, only 2 downers - mcdonald's was closed after and one slight freak out but otherwise ******* hell! :biggrin:

Earlier today I had to go to the shop but ended up running home half way, made me feel like such a freak and a total failure but just now people were actually being so nice to me!!! I managed to control most my thoughts, I'm feeling really quite pleased with myself. I made no friends last year, or the year before but now.. wow!
Sabertooth
Omg. For the first time in a very long time I actually felt almost normal :eek: My housemates asked if I fancied going bowling with them...holy ****! Everyone was friendly and nice and laughing and omg it was so awesome, only 2 downers - mcdonald's was closed after and one slight freak out but otherwise ******* hell! :biggrin:

Earlier today I had to go to the shop but ended up running home half way, made me feel like such a freak and a total failure but just now people were actually being so nice to me!!! I managed to control most my thoughts, I'm feeling really quite pleased with myself. I made no friends last year, or the year before but now.. wow!

:hahaha: No happy meal for you!

Well done for having fun and feeling normal though.

Latest