The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

steffi.alexa
Could you not try volunteering at a stables and try to bargain some riding time out of them? That was a bad sentence haha.

I'm too old, to be brutally honest. I did it when I was 12 - loved it, but when you get past the age of about 15 they don't want you because you'll start wanting payment and stuff. :dontknow: I need to start riding again.
steffi.alexa
Have you tried writing down how you're feeling when you're happy, so you have solid evidence when you're feeling down? I know what you mean about it though, thankfully I had friends and the woman who helped sort things out today to talk to when I started over-thinking stuff in school, but I think it's worse at home anyway. Radio helps me.

Doesn't work. If I even see photographs of me happy I still manage to convince myself that the picture's somehow lying. :s-smilie:
steffi.alexa
Here's hoping it works for us!

Hmm, my packet says that they only come in 50mg and 100mg, must be different companies! They should always make pills fun colours, it should be the law. :yes:

Nah, mine's 50mg too, I just have to snap them in half. I agree about the pretty colours though, all pills should look like Smarties. :yes:
kiss_me_now9
I'm too old, to be brutally honest. I did it when I was 12 - loved it, but when you get past the age of about 15 they don't want you because you'll start wanting payment and stuff. :dontknow: I need to start riding again.

Could you not say you wanted to do work experience or something? or do you have any friends that ride?

superwolf
Doesn't work. If I even see photographs of me happy I still manage to convince myself that the picture's somehow lying. :s-smilie:

Ah, I can understand that. It's horrible when your mind does that to you. :hugs: Sorry if you've already said this, but do you see a counsellor or anything? They're good at reminding you about it.

-

Urgh, just took the new pill and can now taste soap.
superwolf
Nah, mine's 50mg too, I just have to snap them in half. I agree about the pretty colours though, all pills should look like Smarties. :yes:

I'd lose the other half then! Haha, I'm rubbish at that sort of thing! I just checked my packet about 5 times to check that I supposed to take a whole one each day and that's what it says... Yeah, I get weird around pills.

Mmmmm, smarties :coma:
Reply 3785
:frown:
Malsy
:frown:

:hugs: What's up?

-

Hmm, considering how much I cried today, I seem to be in quite a good mood... :eek: I am really hungry though, which is a good thing, just annoying that my eating's so erratic.
steffi.alexa
Ah, I can understand that. It's horrible when your mind does that to you. :hugs: Sorry if you've already said this, but do you see a counsellor or anything? They're good at reminding you about it.

-

Urgh, just took the new pill and can now taste soap.

I've been seeing a psychiatrist who's the head of some kind of mental health team and she's supposed to be getting me a psychologist and a cpn. Meeting my cpn on wednesday, so hopefully she'll be less useless than the crisis team... still not 100% certain what she'd actually supposed to do though.

Weird, I didn't taste anything. No side-effects as yet, fingers crossed...
superwolf
I've been seeing a psychiatrist who's the head of some kind of mental health team and she's supposed to be getting me a psychologist and a cpn. Meeting my cpn on wednesday, so hopefully she'll be less useless than the crisis team... still not 100% certain what she'd actually supposed to do though.

Weird, I didn't taste anything. No side-effects as yet, fingers crossed...

Well hopefully they'll help, best of luck. :hugs:

I purposely tasted it so I know what it tastes like for when I can't find water haha, I'm really weird.
Reply 3789
it makes me so sad seeing friends from the past enjoying life =[ and having friends and then there's me in the background i just want to cry and feel sorry for myself:frown:
steffi.alexa
Well hopefully they'll help, best of luck. :hugs:

I purposely tasted it so I know what it tastes like for when I can't find water haha, I'm really weird.

:lolwut: Yes, you are. Although I'm clearly gonna be tasting mine tomorrow...
Malsy
it makes me so sad seeing friends from the past enjoying life =[ and having friends and then there's me in the background i just want to cry and feel sorry for myself:frown:

Well you have every right to feel like that, and don't try to compare yourself to other people. I have friends who act like everything's okay, they laugh the loudest, smile the biggest and are visiting their GPs about their depression, their self harming, their eating disorders. Not everyone's enjoying themselves, even if they look like they are.

Just take it easy and talk to some friends who'll understand :hugs:
superwolf
:lolwut: Yes, you are. Although I'm clearly gonna be tasting mine tomorrow...

Haha, I know... I just like to know... Haha, why?
steffi.alexa
Haha, I know... I just like to know... Haha, why?

You can't go round telling people their pills taste of soap and not expect them to check if it's true.

Actually, I just licked the other half of today's pill and I have to disagree with you. Tastes more sort of metallic.
superwolf
You can't go round telling people their pills taste of soap and not expect them to check if it's true.

Actually, I just licked the other half of today's pill and I have to disagree with you. Tastes more sort of metallic.

Haha, sorry. Oh, my taste is way off at the moment, but that's what it tastes like to me at the moment. Even chocolate tastes different :frown: I do taste a metallic hint though. Okay, it's not wine so I'll shut up haha.

Edit: this reminds me of a time when I was eating a vanilla yoghurt and it tasted just like ham, and I got my entire family to taste some to check... My taste can get weird when I'm not feeling too great.
I took some sleeping pills last night but held them slightly too long in my mouth before swallowing and it was such a disgusting pilly taste! Yuck. Couldn't get rid of it for ages.

/randompieceofinfo.
35mm_
I took some sleeping pills last night but held them slightly too long in my mouth before swallowing and it was such a disgusting pilly taste! Yuck. Couldn't get rid of it for ages.

/randompieceofinfo.

That's why I tasted this new pill, I always do that. I can't get rid of this taste right now either, it's horrible isn't it?

Urgh, I'm in the middle of the happy part of my mood swing. It's weird. I really hope this stops on the new one.
steffi.alexa
Haha, sorry. Oh, my taste is way off at the moment, but that's what it tastes like to me at the moment. Even chocolate tastes different :frown: I do taste a metallic hint though. Okay, it's not wine so I'll shut up haha.

Edit: this reminds me of a time when I was eating a vanilla yoghurt and it tasted just like ham, and I got my entire family to taste some to check... My taste can get weird when I'm not feeling too great.

Maybe it's the blue stuff that tastes of soap... :holmes: But yeah, we should probably stop analysing this...
Reply 3798
i just feel like i have ruined my life and i am not being dramatic about that, rather honest.
35mm_

/randompieceofinfo.

Paracetamol is the most disgusting taste in the world. Ones I take atm are 2cm long and 5mm wide. They're such a bitch to swallow. :mad:

Latest