The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Sabertooth
:cry: I feel so crap right now.

It's 28C outside and I'm cowering here feeling like ****. I want to go outside but I'm scared. Feeling super triggered too, made the mistake of looking at my arm then counting all the scars. The number is so high it's just made me feel a million times worse :frown:

:hugs: We'll all get through this.
steffi.alexa
:hugs: We'll all get through this.

I sure do hope so, though when it's been years there really doesn't seem to be any way out.
Sabertooth
:cry: I feel so crap right now.

It's 28C outside and I'm cowering here feeling like ****. I want to go outside but I'm scared. Feeling super triggered too, made the mistake of looking at my arm then counting all the scars. The number is so high it's just made me feel a million times worse :frown:

you need a .... :jumphug:
If you want to talk, you know you can PM me ok...
Good morning everyone! How's everyone today? Everyone cool?
Hiya blue_shift86, I'm feeling OK today. Are you good too? I hate getting out of bed though, it's just feels so nice and cosy and warm in there. Damn, I have English coursework to finish and email to my teacher. I will have to try and get that done today. I'm gonna go down to Debenhams probably to spend my voucher that I got at Xmas, there's a pair of wedge shoes that I really like. And I don't have many pairs of shoes, or any wedges for that matter, so it would be nice just to add to my small collection. :hugs: to everyone.
Having a bad day. :nothing:
steffi.alexa
Having a bad day. :nothing:

Me too :frown: :hugs: What's up?
Had a bad morning. Then cheered up a bit, and hopefully won't go low again for a bit

:hugs: for all
Zebrastripes
Me too :frown: :hugs: What's up?

Everything. Exams are freaking me out, I always let myself down, I quit everything, I never try hard enough, nobody gives a crap, people are horrible and today I had to go shopping and the jeans I got are slightly tighter than normal so I've put on weight. I'm a lazy, fat failure.

What's up with you?
Reply 4729
Hii

I don't usually post on this forum but thought I could ask for some advice on friendship :frown:

My friend just got into a really great uni that I when I found out, I just couldn't believe it. We went to the same school for a couple of years and kept in touch ever since. I got into a my first choice uni in England so i'm v happy about that .
She got into a US uni (top 3 in the world) and I just can't help but feel so jealous and so guilty! Guilty because I feel like I could have achieved that if I tried harder.. my parents work so hard for me :frown: and I feel like I've let them down. I feel like a failure in a way. :frown: :frown:

I just can imagine her in 10 years time with that ivy league uni in her Cv.. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: I feel crap. I don't know how I'll be able to deal with it when I next see her (we live quite far away so decided to meet up right after exams) ohh :frown: :frown:
I'm New
Hii

I don't usually post on this forum but thought I could ask for some advice on friendship :frown:

My friend just got into a really great uni that I when I found out, I just couldn't believe it. We went to the same school for a couple of years and kept in touch ever since. I got into a my first choice uni in England so i'm v happy about that .
She got into a US uni (top 3 in the world) and I just can't help but feel so jealous and so guilty! Guilty because I feel like I could have achieved that if I tried harder.. my parents work so hard for me :frown: and I feel like I've let them down. I feel like a failure in a way. :frown: :frown:

I just can imagine her in 10 years time with that ivy league uni in her Cv.. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: I feel crap. I don't know how I'll be able to deal with it when I next see her (we live quite far away so decided to meet up right after exams) ohh :frown: :frown:

You have pretty much described me, except I didn't get into my first choice uni and... Well, that's for another post!

I guess that we just have to live our lives for ourselves and not compare ourselves to others. Life works in odd ways, you may end up far more successful - she may end up slacking hugely because she's 'got there' and wants a break/gets in with the wrong sort of crowd/becomes arrogant. You never know how things will play out in the long term.

I wish I'd take my own advice. :dry:
I'm New
Hii

:hugs:

Your parents will be proud of you whatever you achieve and you shouldn't upset yourself about friends getting better results than you..it's about whether you've got what you need.

I dropped out of my a-levels, which was at quite an expensive school and one of the top 5 in the country, and spent 2 weeks getting upset because I imagined all my friends going off to their high profile Unis and stuff getting their prestigious qualificatinos.

I went to the local college and did what I wanted to do and been better for it since :yep: I doubt there would be any animosity between the two of you if you do meet up :smile: You shouldn't compare yourself to her and just focus on what you need :yep:
:cry:

I need to work and revise, but I'm feeling so... Urgh, I hate this.
steffi.alexa
Everything. Exams are freaking me out, I always let myself down, I quit everything, I never try hard enough, nobody gives a crap, people are horrible and today I had to go shopping and the jeans I got are slightly tighter than normal so I've put on weight. I'm a lazy, fat failure.

What's up with you?

Actually exactly the same. :hugs: Except I'm pretty unhealthily underweight which isn't good. I nearly had a breakdown about work today, I don't think i'll even be able to sit one of my exams as i haven't been to lectures. My disseration is in in 30 days and I still haven't started it. It has taken my 5 years to do a 3 year degree, I have to complete it! I'm just feel like an utter failure.
Zebrastripes
Actually exactly the same. :hugs: Except I'm pretty unhealthily underweight which isn't good. I nearly had a breakdown about work today, I don't think i'll even be able to sit one of my exams as i haven't been to lectures. My disseration is in in 30 days and I still haven't started it. It has taken my 5 years to do a 3 year degree, I have to complete it! I'm just feel like an utter failure.

Is there anyway that you can force yourself to just do it? Can you ask for help/an extension? You're not a failure, you can't help it! The fact that you're still at it is a massive achievement, I don't even know if I can stick at A levels for the 2 months I've got left, let alone manage uni!
Reply 4735
steffi.alexa
You have pretty much described me, except I didn't get into my first choice uni and... Well, that's for another post!

I guess that we just have to live our lives for ourselves and not compare ourselves to others. Life works in odd ways, you may end up far more successful - she may end up slacking hugely because she's 'got there' and wants a break/gets in with the wrong sort of crowd/becomes arrogant. You never know how things will play out in the long term.

I wish I'd take my own advice. :dry:

True :o: one should think in a more long-term view often. Thank you for this :smile: :smile: :hugs:

a question started bothering me though.. how do I respond to my mum's reaction when I tell her about my friend? eek :o: We talk quite often and she asks me about my friends as well. I can just imagine my mum's reaction.
Ah sorry for being all complainy :frown:
I'm New
True :o: one should think in a more long-term view often. Thank you for this :smile: :smile: :hugs:

a question started bothering me though.. how do I respond to my mum's reaction when I tell her about my friend? eek :o: We talk quite often and she asks me about my friends as well. I can just imagine my mum's reaction.
Ah sorry for being all complainy :frown:

It's your Mum, she may be very happy for your friend, but at the end of the day, she'll be more proud of you (especially considering the US fees! :eek:) YOU are her daughter, not your friend and she'll be more interested in where YOU are going to uni, and YOUR successes.

And don't worry about being 'complainy' - you're not. This is a thread to try and help, it can't help if you don't tell us what's going on!
Reply 4737
SharpDressedMan

Your parents will be proud of you whatever you achieve and you shouldn't upset yourself about friends getting better results than you..it's about whether you've got what you need.

I dropped out of my a-levels, which was at quite an expensive school and one of the top 5 in the country, and spent 2 weeks getting upset because I imagined all my friends going off to their high profile Unis and stuff getting their prestigious qualificatinos.

I went to the local college and did what I wanted to do and been better for it since :yep: I doubt there would be any animosity between the two of you if you do meet up :smile: You shouldn't compare yourself to her and just focus on what you need :yep:

We forget that often.. well i do :rolleyes: it sounds such a positive thing(perhaps even too optimistic) that it seems quite unreal.

Awh :frown: that must have taken guts to go back. well done :smile:

Thanks :hugs: Its so easy to start comparing that one can get lost quite easily. Thank you :smile:
Reply 4738
steffi.alexa
It's your Mum, she may be very happy for your friend, but at the end of the day, she'll be more proud of you (especially considering the US fees! :eek:) YOU are her daughter, not your friend and she'll be more interested in where YOU are going to uni, and YOUR successes.

And don't worry about being 'complainy' - you're not. This is a thread to try and help, it can't help if you don't tell us what's going on!

Awh true. wow i have brains compared to you! :p: i just couldn't see that. true. one must focus on oneself and concentrate on their life than glance with high frequency at others'.
Oh god the US fees are extortionate! its around 35,000 + annual US dollars. aah.. i'm starting to feel lucky myself :P
Thanks!! :hugs: its so nice to have other peoples' points of view. All my friends know my friend more or less.. and i hate being judged on this.

Edited!
steffi.alexa

Is there anyway that you can force yourself to just do it? Can you ask for help/an extension? You're not a failure, you can't help it! The fact that you're still at it is a massive achievement, I don't even know if I can stick at A levels for the 2 months I've got left, let alone manage uni!

You can do your A Levels, you just need to believe in yourself. I'm going to plow through, but as I'm JUST a 2.1 at the moment, I'm accepting that I'll get a 2.2 by the end. I emailed the head of department today saying I was struggling, so I'll see if he allows me an extension. Although I don't think an extension will help, I'll still leave it til the last minute. I have two other essays in the week before my diss is due, which isn't useful! Are you going to uni next year? If I was in your situation, I'd take a gap year and see if counselling and such could help in that year, so the when starting uni I'd have a clearer head. I was pressured into uni, so it's been quite a hard journey for me.

Latest