The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6020
cymraesfach
I've been on Fluoxetine 20mg for over a month now and I still feel no different :frown: And I told my doctor that I felt like I was self-harming more since starting on the medicine, and she just dismissed it. I don't know what to do. Loads of people are saying bad things about Prozac and Idk if I want to be on it at all any more. It's not making me feel any better (I thought you were supposed to feel effects after 2-4 weeks, or am I just being impatient?) but I feel so miserable that I'm staying on it in the hope that things will improve soon.

It helps some people after 5 or 6 weeks I think. If you aren't getting side effects it's still probably worth persevering. When I took it I felt pretty ill though so switched after 3 weeks.

--
Ahhhh totally fed up. There's no-one I can talk to when things are bad. I dont like talking to my CBT therapist and the guy that's my usual sounding board is a bit fed up of it I think. I wish it was all over.
I really can't write these two essays... I don't know why I took this module!

If I don't write them... Then I have negated the entire module, and the 6 weeks of being sat in class doing the work, reading the books, and writing the first essay. I also go from 66 credits to 60 - I only need 60 to pass the course, but I don't know yet what I'll achieve in terms of the other essays and modules, so if I drop this one now, and fail a different module, I'm ******.
steffi.alexa
:hugs: Try to be honest, ask to try other ones etc. Or try seeing a different person if you think that it's her being useless.

Well done on getting through the exam. They are horrible, evil things but at least now you have on less :console:

Was honest. She's incompetent.

Meh, it's not really well done, but I see your point. Although, that was my shortest and easiest exam so if I can't even do that one I'm well ****** for the others.

steffi.alexa
I'm feeling, numb and bloody tired so don't really need to post here but I just wanted to say: I'm fed up of pretending to not really, really dislike certain people now. They're being horrible to those taht I actually still care about, who have never done anything wrong. I just don't have the energy to be nice to these people. People are horrible.

Why are you being nice to them? If they're horrible just do it back. :biggrin:
Sabertooth
Was honest. She's incompetent.

Meh, it's not really well done, but I see your point. Although, that was my shortest and easiest exam so if I can't even do that one I'm well ****** for the others.

Why are you being nice to them? If they're horrible just do it back. :biggrin:

Then why not ask to change? You're doing your part, she has to do her part too.

Hey, surviving an exam is a big achievement in my eyes. They are evil things, designed to torture students :dry:

Well because I don't like being nasty. Especially at the moment, I don't react well to confrontation. I did say something to them that meant that they ignored me for the rest of the day, so that's a step in the right direction haha. You'd think that it's a girl I'm talking about, with the stereotypical bitchiness etc. I'm not.
Reply 6024
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh, is it GCSEs you're doing now? I only just realised :o:. Hopefully you did well :yep:. Just to let you know, they are pretty easy compared to A Levels, well, for me they were. Not to put a downer on you at all or anything, most people do cope and do well, just not me, due to being too depressive/lazy/crap :erm:.

A Levels have been a mess for me. Option one for next academic year, would be to stay at my school for Year 14 to do retakes and just finishing up my A Levels for uni 2011. I should be going to uni this year, had I not messed up Year 12 last year and had to change subjects, but go figure :rolleyes:.

Option two, would be for me to just abandon education for now to go work in a media marketing job in Abu Dhabi, that my dad has told me about (he currently lives and works there as an expat). I may lean towards this, as I'm not sure whether I'm in the right frame of mind right now for A Levels and uni. Plus, it would just be lovely to be somewhere new, and just do something different, especially in the wonderful looking Middle East :daydreaming:.

Yeah, I hope to go to uni one day, whether it's next year or later, and I have my eyes set on an English Literature degree.

:five: for the Gaga love :biggrin:. The camera idea for the walk sounds good :yep:.

That's so cool you already know what you want to do at uni :yep:. What are your plans for subjects at sixth form and beyond? Hopefully you'll have a better time of it than me :smile:

Ha, at first I thought Abu Dhabi was some kind of restaurant chain but I didn't know it was a city :o: But wow, that's pretty brave--just packing up an leaving to live in a different country with a completely different culture to ours. I don't know if I could do that. Then again, I do want to move to Paris one day but my biggest fears is the lanuage barriers and not knowing anyone of course.

Unfortunately, retakes aren't even an option for me as I want to apply for medicine next year all but about two unis accept them :rolleyes:

This September (grades depending) I'll be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, French and I'm self-teaching R.S (Philosophy of religion and Ethics). I pretty much have my hopeful career plans mapped out in my head but that only leaves room for more disappointment I guess :o:

But yeah, good luck in what you decide to do. English Literature sounds pretty cool. You can always jet off somewhere and then go back to uni, as a lot of people do :smile:
Onyx.
Ha, at first I thought Abu Dhabi was some kind of restaurant chain but I didn't know it was a city :o: But wow, that's pretty brave--just packing up an leaving to live in a different country with a completely different culture to ours. I don't know if I could do that. Then again, I do want to move to Paris one day but my biggest fears is the lanuage barriers and not knowing anyone of course.

Unfortunately, retakes aren't even an option for me as I want to apply for medicine next year all but about two unis accept them :rolleyes:

This September (grades depending) I'll be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, French and I'm self-teaching R.S (Philosophy of religion and Ethics). I pretty much have my hopeful career plans mapped out in my head but that only leaves room for more disappointment I guess :o:

But yeah, good luck in what you decide to do. English Literature sounds pretty cool. You can always jet off somewhere and then go back to uni, as a lot of people do :smile:

Thanks :biggrin:. Good luck with your results and A Levels :thumbsup:
I'm so tired I can't revise and right now I don't care. But I'm going to force myself to anyway, it helps me to avoid panic attacks afterall. I just need a vat of coffee :erm:

If it is depression causing the tiredness then I'm pissed of at depression. Or I would be if I had the energy.
steffi.alexa
I'm so tired I can't revise and right now I don't care. But I'm going to force myself to anyway, it helps me to avoid panic attacks afterall. I just need a vat of coffee :erm:

If it is depression causing the tiredness then I'm pissed of at depression. Or I would be if I had the energy.

Coffee probably isn't the best idea, it might keep you awake tonight and you'll be even more tired tomorrow. Have you been trying to revise all day? It might be that, so take a break and you might feel better about going back to it later. If you're exhausted you probably won't take much in.

steffi.alexa
Then why not ask to change? You're doing your part, she has to do her part too.

Hey, surviving an exam is a big achievement in my eyes. They are evil things, designed to torture students :dry:

Well because I don't like being nasty. Especially at the moment, I don't react well to confrontation. I did say something to them that meant that they ignored me for the rest of the day, so that's a step in the right direction haha. You'd think that it's a girl I'm talking about, with the stereotypical bitchiness etc. I'm not.

The way she was talking today I think she's going to pawn me off to someone else soon, which might be good. Or they might be even more incompetent. Great.

I agree, they are evil, I don't see how they even test people properly. When in my life in a job will they lock me in a room and get me to hand write a paper in a few hours without looking anything up? It's totally unrealistic.

Maybe don't be nasty, but you could drop the nice act? It's tyring (how the **** do you spell that?) pretending to be nice or hiding how you feel so maybe don't be outright nasty but don't be nice either, just in the middle in a kind of I don't really give a **** either way. Being nasty can also be an effort.
Sabertooth
Coffee probably isn't the best idea, it might keep you awake tonight and you'll be even more tired tomorrow. Have you been trying to revise all day? It might be that, so take a break and you might feel better about going back to it later. If you're exhausted you probably won't take much in.

The way she was talking today I think she's going to pawn me off to someone else soon, which might be good. Or they might be even more incompetent. Great.

I agree, they are evil, I don't see how they even test people properly. When in my life in a job will they lock me in a room and get me to hand write a paper in a few hours without looking anything up? It's totally unrealistic.

Maybe don't be nasty, but you could drop the nice act? It's tyring (how the **** do you spell that?) pretending to be nice or hiding how you feel so maybe don't be outright nasty but don't be nice either, just in the middle in a kind of I don't really give a **** either way. Being nasty can also be an effort.

But I like coffee :P: I still haven't gotten aorund to getting any more anyway. Might just have some tea instead :tea:

Well you don't know until you see them, they could be great :yep:

Haha, I've never thought of it in that way!

I wasn't nasty, I just told them that I doubted the person they were threatening liked them either and walked out of the room. I'm sorry but threatening my friends for something they haven't done is completely out of line :haughty: ARGH, people! I'd rather have the guts to say to people's faces stuff though rather than being all british and keeping quiet :erm:
steffi.alexa
But I like coffee :P: I still haven't gotten aorund to getting any more anyway. Might just have some tea instead :tea:

Well you don't know until you see them, they could be great :yep:

Haha, I've never thought of it in that way!

I wasn't nasty, I just told them that I doubted the person they were threatening liked them either and walked out of the room. I'm sorry but threatening my friends for something they haven't done is completely out of line :haughty: ARGH, people! I'd rather have the guts to say to people's faces stuff though rather than being all british and keeping quiet :erm:

I think we might be talking about different things :p: either that or, more likely, I read what you said wrong. Argh and I'm too confused to explain :o: Er...yeah anyway that sounds fine, if they threaten your friends by all means defend your friends that's what friends do. And if you want to be more I dunno the word but less "British", it just takes practice. :wink:
Sabertooth
I think we might be talking about different things :p: either that or, more likely, I read what you said wrong. Argh and I'm too confused to explain :o: Er...yeah anyway that sounds fine, if they threaten your friends by all means defend your friends that's what friends do. And if you want to be more I dunno the word but less "British", it just takes practice. :wink:

Now I'm confused (doesn't take much haha). I'm just fed up fo people TBH. Their all idiots.

Haha, maybe I should stop with the excessive tea drinking first? :p:
I'm gonna sit and wait for the alcohol related **** feelings to pass. Away from any sharp objects.
When you guys go to uni, don't ever get the ground floor rooms. Everytime you leave, even to go to the toilet you have to close your window, ok in winter, not in ******* summer, can't sleep with it open either so it gets like an oven in the mornings. Not to mention the idiots who've been sitting directly outside (like 5m away) for 9 HOURS now. 9 ******* hours. What the **** is so funny they have to laugh and shout for 9 hours? Least I'm not on the other side where you get a million people walking past and staring in every day I guess. Though I am next to the smoking area, so I get to overhear all their conversations, all the time. Also the fact the ground floor is freezing in winter, and you get morons above you who seem to enjoy practising nazi marching complete with boots all day.

Anyone tell I'm annoyed?

Why is it that EVERYTHING I ever like is always taken away from me? :frown: (that's not related to the ground floor....)
Thanks for all those replies guys, it was really nice to just be acknowledged :o:

I went to the doctors, told him everything and he's getting my counselling. He says that there are indicators I'm depressed but he termed it "stressed" depressed, saying it was factors in my life inducing it, which I think is right. I have a 6 to 8 week wait though and I don't really know what to do with myself in the meantime D: Any ideas for coping mechanisims?

Thank you :smile: *sigh of relief*
Frosties1
Thanks for all those replies guys, it was really nice to just be acknowledged :o:

I went to the doctors, told him everything and he's getting my counselling. He says that there are indicators I'm depressed but he termed it "stressed" depressed, saying it was factors in my life inducing it, which I think is right. I have a 6 to 8 week wait though and I don't really know what to do with myself in the meantime D: Any ideas for coping mechanisims?

:hugs: It's great that your doctor is referring you somewhere.

Coping mechanisms? I'm currently using sleep but it's not the best. Playing computer games seems to help distract me when I'm feeling low (like today) as it requires enough concentration that I don't think about stuff but not so much that I can't do it. :dontknow:
Sabertooth
When you guys go to uni, don't ever get the ground floor rooms. Everytime you leave, even to go to the toilet you have to close your window, ok in winter, not in ******* summer, can't sleep with it open either so it gets like an oven in the mornings. Not to mention the idiots who've been sitting directly outside (like 5m away) for 9 HOURS now. 9 ******* hours. What the **** is so funny they have to laugh and shout for 9 hours? Least I'm not on the other side where you get a million people walking past and staring in every day I guess. Though I am next to the smoking area, so I get to overhear all their conversations, all the time. Also the fact the ground floor is freezing in winter, and you get morons above you who seem to enjoy practising nazi marching complete with boots all day.

Anyone tell I'm annoyed?

Why is it that EVERYTHING I ever like is always taken away from me? :frown: (that's not related to the ground floor....)

Haha, reminds me of this house I used to live in, it was unbearable in the summer! All I can suggest is buying a cheap fan for summer and lots of jumpers for winter/one of those electric heaters/mini radiator things if you can afford them (they work really well - we didn't have central heating for years and years so I just had one in my room and it was fine :yep:).

:hugs: for whatever it is that's been taken away from you.
Frosties1

:hugs: Browsing the internet is a coping mechanism for me, I am too addicted. I like listening to music, watching various youtube videos, browsing TSR, browsing DeviantArt, and much much more. Also, reading books, magazines and newspapers can be good. And shopping. I also have a CBT book which is OK.

Hmm, this reminds me, I myself need to book an appointment for counselling soon...
Feeling really low and I can't stop thinking about suicide. I'm not going to do it, I just hate all this thoughts. :cry:
steffi.alexa
Feeling really low and I can't stop thinking about suicide. I'm not going to do it, I just hate all this thoughts. :cry:

:console: I don't really know what to say, but I hope your bad feelings pass soon enough. I'm sure you have many fun things in life to look forward to? :jumphug:
Oh man, tonight is going to be long. Working 6 til close and there's an England match on :emo:

Latest