The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

GR29KHS
ok thanks. Will just go for it. If I can sleep I guess that will help if I get some within the first few hours.The hair loss thing us a little worrying, although google tells me that it's rare and unlikely to be connected to the drug itself and purely coincidental

don't worry too much into the hair loss thing. Its not too bad i had it and i lost quite a bit (but not clumps) of hair even after i stopped taking them
Reply 61
So almost like when it comes out naturally and unless it was on the brush you'd never notice? But more of it of course.
What drugs is everyone else on?
I'm on citalopram and it makes me soo tired and not want to eat :s-smilie:
SuicidalLemming

Venlafaxine atm, but i'm in the process of coming off it (fingers crossed!).
SuicidalLemming

Have you just started it? Or relatively recently? I had that to start with when I was on citalopram but it wore off.
twizzle
i'm seeing the doc weds....i'm scared, what if he doesn't take me seriously or i can't get my words out or that day is a good day where i think they'res nothing wrong with me?

have a think about how you've been feeling generally and write it all down, take it with you in your pocket or something in case you get tongue tied or your mind goes blank. If you know you've got it all there it should calm your nerves and you'll probably be able to speak more easily.
You don't need to worry about how you're feeling that day - it's your general mood over the last few months that he'll be interested in.
SuicidalLemming

I was on citalopram and it had the same effects for the first 2-3 weeks I'd say. I'm also not sure if it's the anti depressants but my appetite has really increased since going on them (after the initial period of having to force myself to eat) and i've gained about a stone.
Reply 67
SuicidalLemming

I'm on Sertraline, which is great as far as drugs go because I've suffered no side-effects from it.

I hated Citalopram, it gave me the most horrible nightmares, but if it's working for you, great :smile:
Reply 68
OK, headache and stomach ache only so far, I took it at about 1.30 this morning. Could be worse.
GR29KHS
So almost like when it comes out naturally and unless it was on the brush you'd never notice? But more of it of course.

unfortunately its not just from brushing. I would run my fingers through a small area of hair i.e my fringe and between 10 and twenty strands would come out. but you wouldnt notice it unless you run your fingers through... (also recommend carying a lint roller around because they'll be on your clothes and lint roller is the easiest way to pick them up)
Just had another argument with my brother. I'm trying to do some more sorting so that webber can move in and he's just being an asshole. keeps chucking stuff in the room that i'm trying to do and then telling me i'm a selfish spoilt little brat.

I've also just been sorting through my clothes as I had more than one wardrobe's worth (!!!) and realised that more than half of it no longer fits as i've just got too fat. I seriously need to lose some weight but I just don't care enough to stick to it. I'm crying again, these last few days i feel like i've been in tears or close to tears 24/7, it's a real low. Not sure if it's related to stopping taking my anti depressants or not :frown:
GR29KHS
OK, headache and stomach ache only so far, I took it at about 1.30 this morning. Could be worse.

you should try to take it at a better time. to late at night would not help, most people take between 8 and 10 am or 5 and 8 pm
death.drop
Just had another argument with my brother. I'm trying to do some more sorting so that webber can move in and he's just being an asshole. keeps chucking stuff in the room that i'm trying to do and then telling me i'm a selfish spoilt little brat.

I've also just been sorting through my clothes as I had more than one wardrobe's worth (!!!) and realised that more than half of it no longer fits as i've just got too fat. I seriously need to lose some weight but I just don't care enough to stick to it. I'm crying again, these last few days i feel like i've been in tears or close to tears 24/7, it's a real low. Not sure if it's related to stopping taking my anti depressants or not :frown:

:hugs: your brother is being a right jerk its unfair the way he is being.
:hugs: weight gain and or loss is very common with taking and stopping anti depressants so don't read too much into your weight atm.
and why have you stopped taking them? if you don't mind me asking that is.
Vienna Cannon
:hugs: your brother is being a right jerk its unfair the way he is being.
:hugs: weight gain and or loss is very common with taking and stopping anti depressants so don't read too much into your weight atm.
and why have you stopped taking them? if you don't mind me asking that is.

he really is, and mum tends to take his side. sure, she tells him not to tell me to go kill myself but at the end of the day she's said to me that if she had to chose between us she'd chose him because he needs her more.
half the time what he's doing or saying isn't even that bad it's just that it's constant and builds up so it really affects me. take right now, all he's doing is chucking stuff in a room and calling me names but to me that's not what it is, it's him trying to be in control and push me closer to the edge.

I've stopped taking the anti deps because I didn't really feel they were doing anything for me and I couldn't afford to take them any more, especially with leaving the hotel. I'm going to go see the psychiatrist though and talk about going on another one which might do for me (in particular the nightmares/broken sleep thing).
death.drop
he really is, and mum tends to take his side. sure, she tells him not to tell me to go kill myself but at the end of the day she's said to me that if she had to chose between us she'd chose him because he needs her more.
half the time what he's doing or saying isn't even that bad it's just that it's constant and builds up so it really affects me. take right now, all he's doing is chucking stuff in a room and calling me names but to me that's not what it is, it's him trying to be in control and push me closer to the edge.

I've stopped taking the anti deps because I didn't really feel they were doing anything for me and I couldn't afford to take them any more, especially with leaving the hotel. I'm going to go see the psychiatrist though and talk about going on another one which might do for me (in particular the nightmares/broken sleep thing).

you can get a hc2 form from your doctor it pays for medication. if you earn below a certain amount or are claiming job seekers allowance you don't have to pay it.
more info here. http://www.nrcentre.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=24:nhs-charges-and-the-hc2-certificate&Itemid=57.
Your mum probably doesn't understand the way you see it, so she probably seeing you as making the trouble even when its him. What she doesn't realise its not the actions that are the problem but the way they are perceived... I would suggest staying on the anti depressants if you can get an hc2 certificate.
SuicidalLemming

I have been on citalopram and fluoxetine and had very negative effects for fluoxetine. however all i got on citalopram was a very drunk feeling.
Vienna Cannon
you can get a hc2 form from your doctor it pays for medication. if you earn below a certain amount or are claiming job seekers allowance you don't have to pay it.
more info here. http://www.nrcentre.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=24:nhs-charges-and-the-hc2-certificate&Itemid=57.
Your mum probably doesn't understand the way you see it, so she probably seeing you as making the trouble even when its him. What she doesn't realise its not the actions that are the problem but the way they are perceived... I would suggest staying on the anti depressants if you can get an hc2 certificate.

i know I earned too much when I was working at the hotel but will look into it again when I'm in a settled position again. thanks for reminding me though, i forgot about it after being declined last time.

made a small amount of progress with my room so i'm feeling a little better, and I've had the mice and gerbils out a lot today as well to cheer me up. possibly getting another mouse this week as they've got some really nice ones that look like pandas in the pet shop :biggrin:
at this rate of getting a new pet every time I feel particularly low I think I'm going to need another room just for the animals. :o:
Reply 77
ive just been traumatised at the dentist:eek3: :sad:
death.drop
i know I earned too much when I was working at the hotel but will look into it again when I'm in a settled position again. thanks for reminding me though, i forgot about it after being declined last time.

made a small amount of progress with my room so i'm feeling a little better, and I've had the mice and gerbils out a lot today as well to cheer me up. possibly getting another mouse this week as they've got some really nice ones that look like pandas in the pet shop :biggrin:
at this rate of getting a new pet every time I feel particularly low I think I'm going to need another room just for the animals. :o:

heh thats not a bad thing as long as they cheer you up. :smile: the cats cheer me up they are so playful. and makes me want to get my own one with a white patch on his nose and call him smudge
Malsy
ive just been traumatised at the dentist:eek3: :sad:

why what happened?

Latest