Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

It's nice in other places too.
kiss_me_now9
It's nice in other places too.

It's nicer being in the world and being happy :yep:
steffi.alexa
It's nicer being in the world and being happy :yep:

Well I clearly don't get to have that so I guess I have no alternative.
kiss_me_now9
Well I clearly don't get to have that so I guess I have no alternative.

No, you will get there! You really will, just let the meds do their job :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
I hate talking to people :cry: I can't stand it. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday, just a check up, to make sure that the meds are working but it's with my childhood doctor and I get really embarrassed (no idea why, she's seen me for everything!). Blahh. My plan requires the motivation to clean the entire house, so it almost certainly won't happen.

Book an appointment with another doctor? Don't they normally have more than one at each practice?

kiss_me_now9
Like I said, decisions. One involves living like this until I get sorted... years in the future... and the other is more simple than that. Yep, still taking the meds, **** all good they're doing.

Maybe years, maybe not. Let's say it takes 5 years (I'm not saying it will, in all likelihood it will be less, but this is looking at the worse side). That's a hell of a long time I know, but you're what, 20ish? so that would make you 25. I realize it's awful having your life ruined for one year not to mention over 5 but 25 is still pretty young. UK life expectancy of 80 gives you 55 years of being with friends, people you like, working, going out, doing whatever the **** you want. And that's a hell of a lot more than how long you'll be depressed for it's possible.

Fluoxetine right? Can increase suicidality in young people. If you talk to a doctor, any doctor, they will understand and want to help you. It's not really the hard path, well...I guess it's kind of hard to keep trying but it's the path with the greatest reward. Things which are worth doing are usually hard.
I struggle to understand the NHS, for the flu or some chicken pox they will treat it there and then but mental issues which have the possibility of killing you within days you have to wait weeks and weeks to see anyone. Nearly cost me my life that did.

My dad at hospital yesterday had to wait 1.5 hours for his app they were running that far behind.

Any other business who kept customers waiting 1.5 hours and didnt see them for weeks would be out of business quickly, but because we have no choice but to contribute to this communal pissing of money down the drain there is nothing you can do.

You should have the option of contributing the tax for the NHS and being able to use it or not pay the tax and be able to use that money for private care.

/rant
Sabertooth
Book an appointment with another doctor? Don't they normally have more than one at each practice?

Maybe years, maybe not. Let's say it takes 5 years (I'm not saying it will, in all likelihood it will be less, but this is looking at the worse side). That's a hell of a long time I know, but you're what, 20ish? so that would make you 25. I realize it's awful having your life ruined for one year not to mention over 5 but 25 is still pretty young. UK life expectancy of 80 gives you 55 years of being with friends, people you like, working, going out, doing whatever the **** you want. And that's a hell of a lot more than how long you'll be depressed for it's possible.

Fluoxetine right? Can increase suicidality in young people. If you talk to a doctor, any doctor, they will understand and want to help you. It's not really the hard path, well...I guess it's kind of hard to keep trying but it's the path with the greatest reward. Things which are worth doing are usually hard.

Citalopram. I've found a stash of co-codamol that I didn't know existed. I said I wouldn't go down the pills route but it's easiest.

Thanks guys, you've all been great to me over the years. I love you all and I hope you can be stronger than I am... You all deserve happiness :hugs: :love: I know you'll find it one day. Bless you all.
kiss_me_now9
Citalopram. I've found a stash of co-codamol that I didn't know existed. I said I wouldn't go down the pills route but it's easiest.

Even worse. SSRIs can cause an increase in suicidal behavior so talk to a doctor and they can switch you onto another antidepressant which may not have that effect. There are many.

kiss_me_now9
Thanks guys, you've all been great to me over the years. I love you all and I hope you can be stronger than I am... You all deserve happiness :hugs: :love: I know you'll find it one day. Bless you all.

:dry: oi! no.
Idiot-Finder
I struggle to understand the NHS, for the flu or some chicken pox they will treat it there and then but mental issues which have the possibility of killing you within days you have to wait weeks and weeks to see anyone. Nearly cost me my life that did.

My dad at hospital yesterday had to wait 1.5 hours for his app they were running that far behind.

Any other business who kept customers waiting 1.5 hours and didnt see them for weeks would be out of business quickly, but because we have no choice but to contribute to this communal pissing of money down the drain there is nothing you can do.

But it's free!!! :p: Yeah it's free if you and your family have no intention of ever working.

Don't get me started on the NHS.

Idiot-Finder
You should have the option of contributing the tax for the NHS and being able to use it or not pay the tax and be able to use that money for private care.

/rant

Same with private education, or at least a discount.
kiss_me_now9

You too will find happiness! Just hold out a few weeks and you'll see the difference.

Call NHS Direct/Crisis Team/go to A&E NOW.
steffi.alexa
You too will find happiness! Just hold out a few weeks and you'll see the difference.

Call NHS Direct/Crisis Team/go to A&E NOW.

It's alright, I know what I'm doing. I have a plan. I haven't felt this relaxed and calm in weeks :smile: Feels completely right.
kiss_me_now9
It's alright, I know what I'm doing. I have a plan. I haven't felt this relaxed and calm in weeks :smile: Feels completely right.

Please don't.

It's not right. Call NHS direct, or Samaritans or anyone just to talk to someone. Things can get better, if you do this they won't get better ever.
kiss_me_now9

Please dont go down the pills route, your body has defense systems that will get you vomiting them back up. Worst comes to worst unless you are taking stuff from a hospital your going to end up with organ faliure which will take days/weeks to die in a horrible way from your systems shutting down one by one and if you didnt you would end up on dialysis or something similar for years.

Ring someone or go to hospital, things will get better :hugs:
kiss_me_now9

:hugs: What about those who love you? What about your father and the life you're going to have when you're better? You're only a very little while off the point where they start to really work - give them time, please. You are clearly a lovely and caring young woman, please don't think that things will never change, tehy are going to get better, you just have to let the meds work.
I don't want people to try and talk me out of this. I made that mistake last time.
kiss_me_now9
I don't want people to try and talk me out of this. I made that mistake last time.

We care about you, that's all. We all know that things are going to get better for you, please don't do this :console:
kiss_me_now, I really urge you not to do anything, please :hugs: Try and keep calm as possible, and I reassure you that things will get better - you have so much more of your life to live, yes, your going through a bad patch, but theres so much to look forward to.

Is there anyone you could call to come round or something..?
kiss_me_now9

Its your decision at the end of the day, but I wont just sit here as someone tries to throw there life with potential down the drain.

Read what I put about pills, I found it out researching it myself, its really not a good way to go, even if it makes you go at all. And if it goes wrong, which is likely to happen.. you could be very ill for a long time.
Idiot-Finder
Read what I put about pills, I found it out researching it myself, its really not a good way to go, even if it makes you go at all. And if it goes wrong, which is likely to happen.. you could be very ill for a long time.

This is a very good point.

Other methods are not exactly painless either. People think slitting your wrists is easy or fast or you just slip into unconsciousness and die......it's not.

You do realize KMN that it could actually be the citalopram making you feel this way? It's a widely publicized side effect. I'm not against suicide when it's a free decision but if it's influenced/caused by effects of medication then no, it's certainly not a good idea. At the very least you should talk to your doctor/stop taking it so you have a clearer head. You wouldn't make huge decisions when you're drunk so why make the ultimate decision when you're possibly being affected by drugs?
Feel like **** again. Still, I seem to be having more normal/good hours than I am bad. I'm gonna go and listen to very loud music for a while, maybe I'll feel better then :biggrin:

KMN: :hugs:

Latest