The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxClaire90xx
Can people with depression have good days and bad days? I'm not sure whether I might suffer from it, my family seem to think so anyway. But it's making that move and going to see the doctor that I just can't seem to be able to do.

I'm unemployed at the moment, so I'm claiming JSA. I'm applying for jobs, but keep getting rejections or hear nothing back. The few interviews I have had, I only succeeded in one of them and that wasn't even a proper interview! Because of my "unemployed status", I keep getting into arguments with the family, mostly my dad, and it really gets me down!

I had one of said arguments yesterday and was then awake until gone 4.30 in the morning, crying my eyes out. In fact I've messed my whole sleeping pattern up. I seem to sleep that much during the day that when it gets to the night time, I can't sleep! So I then lay awake thinking about all the bad things in my life and how I wish to god I could change them. :frown:

I know there is such a thing as social anxiety, which I may suffer from. It does say on the net that it can cause depression. Since being a little kid, I've never really found it easy to make friends. I have like one close friend from school, and two close friends that I've made since leaving 6th form. I find it easier to speak to people online than in person. Hate social gatherings - so I either avoid them at all cost, or panic about them for weeks/days before. Then when they arrive, if I do go, I panic that everyone's watching me etc...

My eating pattern is not very good to be honest. Due to the fact that I sleep a lot through the day, I generally only ever have one meal a day which is tea - and then snack through the rest of the day. Even when I'm awake in the day though, it's all snacks and then one proper meal at night.

I've never thought about harming myself, but some days I do wish I never existed. Life would be much easier for my family and people i'm close to, because then I wouldn't cause arguments with them all the time. I wouldn't be here feeling unhappy either.

The one thing I do feel kind of proud with myself for is arranging a one day course with my Job Centre adviser. I told him I have very little self-esteem and so I go next Thursday and practice interview techniques/application techniques etc...

One thing that I feel keeps me going through out the bad days is music. And also my brother, I am very close to him.

I dunno. I've probably gone a little way off topic here. Sorry for the little rant thing.

Poke me if I haven't replied to this by tomorrow... :hugs:
Reply 9941
Original post by xxClaire90xx
Can people with depression have good days and bad days? I'm not sure whether I might suffer from it, my family seem to think so anyway. But it's making that move and going to see the doctor that I just can't seem to be able to do.

I'm unemployed at the moment, so I'm claiming JSA. I'm applying for jobs, but keep getting rejections or hear nothing back. The few interviews I have had, I only succeeded in one of them and that wasn't even a proper interview! Because of my "unemployed status", I keep getting into arguments with the family, mostly my dad, and it really gets me down!

I had one of said arguments yesterday and was then awake until gone 4.30 in the morning, crying my eyes out. In fact I've messed my whole sleeping pattern up. I seem to sleep that much during the day that when it gets to the night time, I can't sleep! So I then lay awake thinking about all the bad things in my life and how I wish to god I could change them. :frown:

I know there is such a thing as social anxiety, which I may suffer from. It does say on the net that it can cause depression. Since being a little kid, I've never really found it easy to make friends. I have like one close friend from school, and two close friends that I've made since leaving 6th form. I find it easier to speak to people online than in person. Hate social gatherings - so I either avoid them at all cost, or panic about them for weeks/days before. Then when they arrive, if I do go, I panic that everyone's watching me etc...

My eating pattern is not very good to be honest. Due to the fact that I sleep a lot through the day, I generally only ever have one meal a day which is tea - and then snack through the rest of the day. Even when I'm awake in the day though, it's all snacks and then one proper meal at night.

I've never thought about harming myself, but some days I do wish I never existed. Life would be much easier for my family and people i'm close to, because then I wouldn't cause arguments with them all the time. I wouldn't be here feeling unhappy either.

The one thing I do feel kind of proud with myself for is arranging a one day course with my Job Centre adviser. I told him I have very little self-esteem and so I go next Thursday and practice interview techniques/application techniques etc...

One thing that I feel keeps me going through out the bad days is music. And also my brother, I am very close to him.

I dunno. I've probably gone a little way off topic here. Sorry for the little rant thing.

:hugs:
Sorry to hear you're feeling that way, I feel the same a lot so I know how it feels.

Ask a member of your family to book a GP appointment for you and then ask your brother to go with you for support? :smile: even if you don't feel you can do it...sometimes you have to make yourself.
Reply 9942
I'm going to go now. Thank you so much. Your lifesavers (forget the laughs, thats serious) thank you so much, wish me luck, see you soon. :smile:

Latest