The Student Room Group

Handing in Notice

I'm planning to hand in my notice. My employment handbook stipulates that I need to give 4 weeks notice. Is notice generally inclusive of holidays? The reason I ask is that I have booked 10 days of holiday during the period that I intend to be my 4 weeks notice. I can't find anything in my contract/employment handbook to advise on this.

Many thanks if you can help!
Original post by Renegade Dagger
I'm planning to hand in my notice. My employment handbook stipulates that I need to give 4 weeks notice. Is notice generally inclusive of holidays? The reason I ask is that I have booked 10 days of holiday during the period that I intend to be my 4 weeks notice. I can't find anything in my contract/employment handbook to advise on this.

Many thanks if you can help!

I'm not sure if it depends on the work place, otherwise it can definitely include holiday! A girl I know handed in her notice and has worked, I think, 3 or 4 shifts because she'd booked her holiday!
Just hand in your notice a month before you plan to leave, whether you have holidays within that month makes no difference.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Okay, thanks all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending