The Student Room Group

Science-Related Extended Project

I'm thinking of doing the extended project over the summer, which is a project we have to research and do ourselves (culminating in a 1000-5000 word report)

I'm taking Chemistry, Biology and English Literature, and was looking to do something science-related, maybe something about stem cells and perhaps the ethics of research like that, but I'm not sure

Does anyone have any ideas/possible titles? Anyone else doing the extended project and want to chat about it?

penguin90
I'm thinking of doing the extended project over the summer, which is a project we have to research and do ourselves (culminating in a 1000-5000 word report)

I'm taking Chemistry, Biology and English Literature, and was looking to do something science-related, maybe something about stem cells and perhaps the ethics of research like that, but I'm not sure

Does anyone have any ideas/possible titles? Anyone else doing the extended project and want to chat about it?

thanks

I'm doing the Edexcel EPQ in History, Ethics and Philosophy of Science. I'm doing it about "Bacterial antibiotic resistance - should clinical trials be shortened to combat it?".

Stem cells; someone else in my class is doing that. You can do "What ethical issues does stem cell research present?", but that seems to be pretty broad.
Reply 2
is it ok to have a really broad title, cos i jus want to do mine about bluetongue, so could i just call it that?
Reply 3
Is it a must to do a project in A-levels?
michaelyus
I'm doing the Edexcel EPQ in History, Ethics and Philosophy of Science. I'm doing it about "Bacterial antibiotic resistance - should clinical trials be shortened to combat it?".

Stem cells; someone else in my class is doing that. You can do "What ethical issues does stem cell research present?", but that seems to be pretty broad.

How's in going on bacterial antibiotics..? im doing something very similar! havent started yet though..
Reply 5
Original post by penguin90

I'm doing the AQA EPQ but looking at bacterial resistance of natural antimicrobial vs synthetic antimicrobial substances which gives quite a good research topic and possible hypothesis for an experiment. seeing that you want a science based research you could consider going down the path of biochemistry with drug development for a particular disease and the level of work being put in it. stem cells on the other hand is a very broad topic and you might end up wasting loads of time ending up with no valuable research or conclusions.

Quick Reply

Latest