The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
jaz_jaz
oo potential fellow eco and politics student?
are you insurancing with southampton??

I'm thinking of making Southampton my insurance and making Exeter my firm but now that I've just received an offer from Sheffield - I'm unsure about everything:eek3: :s-smilie:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 201
Lanesra
I'm thinking of making Southampton my insurance and making Exeter my firm but now that I've just received an offer from Sheffield - I'm unsure about everything:eek3: :s-smilie:

snap! minus the offer from sheffield though.
Reply 202
jaz_jaz
snap! minus the offer from sheffield though.

So you are definitely making Exeter your firm and Southampton your insurance? The only reason why I'm considering Sheffield is because I'm scared I won't get the AAA offer.
I got into Management with leadership:lol: Hi y'all!
Reply 204
All firmed up for English at Streatham (AAA) and ready to go :smile:
Muffinz
All firmed up for English at Streatham (AAA) and ready to go :smile:

Woo - hi there future uni peer (I hate the word peer fyi - sound pretentious lol)!

I can't firm until I find out whether I've got my gap year program and so whether I need to beg them to defer (if that doesn't work out I'll just go in September... most likely) but I will eventually.

Did you go and visit?
Reply 206
ollypocket
Woo - hi there future uni peer (I hate the word peer fyi - sound pretentious lol)!

I can't firm until I find out whether I've got my gap year program and so whether I need to beg them to defer (if that doesn't work out I'll just go in September... most likely) but I will eventually.

Did you go and visit?

Been already for a Physics open day, I really liked the feel of the place. Going on Wednesday to check out the department but I'm sure whatever it's like, the atmosphere is comfortable :smile:
Muffinz
Been already for a Physics open day, I really liked the feel of the place. Going on Wednesday to check out the department but I'm sure whatever it's like, the atmosphere is comfortable :smile:

Hopefully you'll love it :smile:. All the staff and students were lovely and there's a sample lecture which isn't like uber in depth and challenging but the lecturer was great with getting people to give their opinions and I was impressed both with how enthusiastic and intelligent everyone-else was (not like I think I'm above them btw - just that they were genuinely really good) and how receptive the lecturer was to their comments. The sample seminar turned more into a Q&A with a lecturer and student which was great as I got quite a few questions asked so do think about what you have questions on because they'll be really helpful.

Plus they give you free yummy Danish pastries with tea and coffee :biggrin:.
Just firmed Exeter for German + Spanish. :smile:
Anyone else doing similar?
Reply 209
Pretty sure I'm coming to Exeter! Have an offer for French at AAB. Am probably going to firm it! :smile:
Reply 210
has anyone received any info from exeter after firming?? I only received a letter telling me the dates of the academic year. I don't even know when freshers week is........hum...
The thing is I have to book my flight so that's y I really need to know in advance.......

and, do you know when are we to expect all the info, registering etc.........??

the thing is I really don't want to do all of this in may/june (aka exam time)........ waaa........
Reply 211
Firming Sociology and Politics, can't wait!!!
Reply 212
Aitana
has anyone received any info from exeter after firming?? I only received a letter telling me the dates of the academic year. I don't even know when freshers week is........hum...
The thing is I have to book my flight so that's y I really need to know in advance.......

and, do you know when are we to expect all the info, registering etc.........??

the thing is I really don't want to do all of this in may/june (aka exam time)........ waaa........

I got the same as you - I think it'd be best to talk to current Exeter students and the admissions office maybe, and ask when fresher's week usually starts, like how many weeks before term. I think it's only one week before the start of term, but I'm sure the accomodation office will know.
Reply 213
Muffinz
I got the same as you - I think it'd be best to talk to current Exeter students and the admissions office maybe, and ask when fresher's week usually starts, like how many weeks before term. I think it's only one week before the start of term, but I'm sure the accomodation office will know.

ok thanks...I think freshers starts a week b4 but I dunno if we can arrive on the saturday instead of the sunday of that week.....

btw wt r u studying??
Reply 214
Aitana
ok thanks...I think freshers starts a week b4 but I dunno if we can arrive on the saturday instead of the sunday of that week.....

btw wt r u studying??

English :333
Reply 215
Anyone know anything about applying for accomodation? It says you need to put in your exeter student number, but I dont have one yet? Do we get sent them? :s!
Reply 216
yoyo462001
I remember i had this problem too, i emailed them and they gave it to me.

On my acceptance letter it said we'd be able to apply in April... I thought we had to wait.
Had to decline I'm afraid - good luck to all of you :smile:
Reply 218
I've firmed my offer and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting something in the post soon but what do I do next?
Reply 219
I firmed my offer a week ago, now what? Shouldn't I have been sent accommodation information yet? Or do I apply another way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending