The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2024 Politics and International Relations

Hi, has anyone heard back from the uni yet if you’ve submitted/got an offer!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ing1247

I have heard on other sites that people have heard back for this course…
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have heard on other sites that people have heard back for this course…

Ah ok I only submitted end of November so don’t expect to hear this soon. Have you applied for it?
Original post by ing1247
Ah ok I only submitted end of November so don’t expect to hear this soon. Have you applied for it?

Yes but only end of last week.
Original post by ing1247

I received an offer for BSc PIR in Jan from UoE.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
I received an offer for BSc PIR in Jan from UoE.

Same! I have an unconditional for IR as I sat my exams last year😄
Original post by ing1247
Same! I have an unconditional for IR as I sat my exams last year😄

Wait me too, I just received the unconditional offer today. Where else have you applied ?
Reply 7
Original post by beanman278417
Wait me too, I just received the unconditional offer today. Where else have you applied ?

Hey cool congratulations, good to know there are some other gap year applicants haha !😎I’ve had an offer from Cardiff for Politics and IR too; applied to Bristol, Durham and Leeds for a similar course but haven’t heard anything back yet. 99.9% likely to firm Exeter soon tho after the March offer holder day as I know it will be a good uni as my sister is in her 3rd yr there now and has had a really great time! Hbu? Are you booked onto any offer holder date yet😄
My son got an offer in December for Politics and IR BSc. It is probably going to be his first choice.
Original post by ing1247
Hey cool congratulations, good to know there are some other gap year applicants haha !😎I’ve had an offer from Cardiff for Politics and IR too; applied to Bristol, Durham and Leeds for a similar course but haven’t heard anything back yet. 99.9% likely to firm Exeter soon tho after the March offer holder day as I know it will be a good uni as my sister is in her 3rd yr there now and has had a really great time! Hbu? Are you booked onto any offer holder date yet😄

Congratulations to you too! I applied to Bristol and Durham aswell, I very much got put on hold for Bristol and am waiting to hear from Durham. I am leaning towards Exeter too, it looks absolutely lovely, I haven’t booked an offer holder day yet, think that is something I should do soon but I’m not too sure when I’d be able to go up as it is a bit of a trek. Good to hear your sister enjoys it though, I haven’t had the chance to speak to anyone who goes there so that is really helpful, I really have just been binge-watching YouTube videos on what it’s like 😄
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #3
My son got an offer in December for Politics and IR BSc. It is probably going to be his first choice.

Congratulations! That’s great; I really believe it’s going to be a great course and university I’m really looking forward to September😄
Reply 11
Congratulations to you too! I applied to Bristol and Durham aswell, I very much got put on hold for Bristol and am waiting to hear from Durham. I am leaning towards Exeter too, it looks absolutely lovely, I haven’t booked an offer holder day yet, think that is something I should do soon but I’m not too sure when I’d be able to go up as it is a bit of a trek. Good to hear your sister enjoys it though, I haven’t had the chance to speak to anyone who goes there so that is really helpful, I really have just been binge-watching YouTube videos on what it’s like 😄

Yes its a really nice place tbf both the city and uni! Went to the open day in October, really impressed with Streatham campus; my sister’s course is radiography based at St Luke’s so hadn’t seen it before. I’ve heard Durham does not reply to some applicants until May so hardly holding my breath on that! I’m pretty sure there are at least two offer holder dates (one in April, one March?) so if you could get to one its always great to see for yourself and get a feel for it; but totally understand the distance thing as I’m a 5 hour drive from the place! Did you go to any last year lol ? feels a bit like deja vu as it’s going to be exactly a year since I went to another offer holders event😅🤣guessing you’re up north then? I’m north wales😄
Original post by ing1247
Congratulations! That’s great; I really believe it’s going to be a great course and university I’m really looking forward to September😄

Ah thank you! I think the course looks fantastic - I'm so excited for him. Very glad you are looking forward to getting started.
Original post by ing1247
Yes its a really nice place tbf both the city and uni! Went to the open day in October, really impressed with Streatham campus; my sister’s course is radiography based at St Luke’s so hadn’t seen it before. I’ve heard Durham does not reply to some applicants until May so hardly holding my breath on that! I’m pretty sure there are at least two offer holder dates (one in April, one March?) so if you could get to one its always great to see for yourself and get a feel for it; but totally understand the distance thing as I’m a 5 hour drive from the place! Did you go to any last year lol ? feels a bit like deja vu as it’s going to be exactly a year since I went to another offer holders event😅🤣guessing you’re up north then? I’m north wales😄

That’s really great to hear, it looks lovely and it’s comforting that other people think so too! I am very much down the other side of the south, I think it’s like a 3/4 hour drive and is nowhere near as pretty as Wales! I have been meaning to pick a date but my year is weird in the sense that I am re-sitting an A-Level, so there is a bit going on. My mum and I thought we would look at unis when I hear back from them all, considering the Durham situation, we would probably be waiting right up until the exam dates to go and visit everywhere (retrospectively a bad idea 🤣). I think I’ll book in for April. In all honesty I forgot about Uni last year, didn’t go and see anywhere but I also think that if I did see places and get excited about them and then get rejected, it would be way worse for me! My predicted grades were lower than what I got so I honestly wouldn’t of been able to look at places like Exeter. Which offer holder days did you go to? When are you thinking of booking the offer holder day? 😃
Original post by ing1247

My son is also waiting for Durham! Annoying that they offer so late. He prefers Exeter anyway although we haven't visited Durham yet.
Original post by ing1247

I have an offer from Exeter. AAA or AAB with A in EPQ
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #3
My son is also waiting for Durham! Annoying that they offer so late. He prefers Exeter anyway although we haven't visited Durham yet.

I know how frustrating! Will be interesting to see what the acceptance rates are like this year; but with finance and accommodation applications all opening around March it’s not very helpful to be getting an offer for somewhere well into May especially if you have exams around the corner!!
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous #4
I have an offer from Exeter. AAA or AAB with A in EPQ

Hey cool, what subjects are you currently doing? Have you applied for the BSc programme😀
Reply 18
That’s really great to hear, it looks lovely and it’s comforting that other people think so too! I am very much down the other side of the south, I think it’s like a 3/4 hour drive and is nowhere near as pretty as Wales! I have been meaning to pick a date but my year is weird in the sense that I am re-sitting an A-Level, so there is a bit going on. My mum and I thought we would look at unis when I hear back from them all, considering the Durham situation, we would probably be waiting right up until the exam dates to go and visit everywhere (retrospectively a bad idea 🤣). I think I’ll book in for April. In all honesty I forgot about Uni last year, didn’t go and see anywhere but I also think that if I did see places and get excited about them and then get rejected, it would be way worse for me! My predicted grades were lower than what I got so I honestly wouldn’t of been able to look at places like Exeter. Which offer holder days did you go to? When are you thinking of booking the offer holder day? 😃

Ah right makes sense! I went to look at a few different unis like York, Kent, Loughborough etc, ended up going to Kent but wasn’t feeling the place or course so decided to leave early on , instead of wasting a year of being there to just drop out. Exeter much better matches my grades I got anyway (AAB) so don’t understand why I just didn’t put it down in the first place tbh! Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol😅 I am attending the offer holders on the 23rd of March!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by ing1247
Ah right makes sense! I went to look at a few different unis like York, Kent, Loughborough etc, ended up going to Kent but wasn’t feeling the place or course so decided to leave early on , instead of wasting a year of being there to just drop out. Exeter much better matches my grades I got anyway (AAB) so don’t understand why I just didn’t put it down in the first place tbh! Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol😅 I am attending the offer holders on the 23rd of March!

I will be there with my son on the 23rd! I'm very excited, much more than he is 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending