The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist making a new economics help thread like this!
Paulwhy
Good to see you back paul. +rep :biggrin:
Reply 3
I wonder how many people you helped on here.

Kudos anywho
Reply 4
I think Lancaster economics clearing is for international only.
Reply 5
Good to see you're back Paul! :biggrin:

In regard to the Clearing lists, I have to say, talk about a disappointing year for Home/EU students.
Reply 6
hangmanh
I think Lancaster economics clearing is for international only.

What makes you think that?
Lamcaster is still there on UCAS Clearing search for UK/EU students. So I don't know why you think that.
Reply 7
.ACS.
Good to see you're back Paul! :biggrin:

In regard to the Clearing lists, I have to say, talk about a disappointing year for Home/EU students.

Not really: For UK/EU students it is ever like this!
Reply 8
Looks gloom for UK/EU students =/
Reply 9
Amit92
Looks gloom for UK/EU students =/

But it was ever such.
(atleast for last 3 or 4 years).
Paulwhy
"Highlights" (all for straight econ) include:
UK/EU
QM, Lancaster in Clearing

International
5 of the unis that are inside the TAELT top 11 but outside top 5:
Notts,Durham,Edinburgh, Bath, Bristol

2 unis near top of 2nd TAELT post:
Exeter, York

Plus the UK/EU 2:
QM,Lancaster

I'm an international student...I got BBB. Right now I'm waiting on Nottingham to make me a switched course offer for Computer Sc.

Do u have any idea if top unis go below their reqs for us ? I know I'll have to call them but I wanna see if this has happened before...feel stupid asking King's/Bristol if they would take me :o:
Reply 11
The_Timepasser
I'm an international student...I got BBB. Right now I'm waiting on Nottingham to make me a switched course offer for Computer Sc.

Do u have any idea if top unis go below their reqs for us ? I know I'll have to call them but I wanna see if this has happened before...feel stupid asking King's/Bristol if they would take me :o:

Well you certainly can find out what courses they will let you in on.
e.g. if they have something you prefer to Computer Science. :smile:

seems to me you have 3 choices:
i)alternative courses at your target unis.
ii)Econ at places in International clearing but with typical offers perhaps AAB/ABB. (Queen Mary are also likely to make you an Econ offer).
iii)resits
Paulwhy
Well you certainly can find out what courses they will let you in on.
e.g. if they have something you prefer to Computer Science. :smile:

seems to me you have 3 choices:
i)alternative courses at your target unis.
ii)Econ at places in International clearing but with typical offers perhaps AAB/ABB. (Queen Mary are also likely to make you an Econ offer).
iii)resits

I know they will let me in...but for some random course and I only want Computer Sc. I aint new to the system, just clearing :p:

What I'm asking is do the top unis ever accept a grade below their typical for int'ls in clearing? I just wanna see whats the best I can get on for my subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending