The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

JohnnySPal
:wtf: you on about hoebro?

It was my own special way of saying that Nightmare is growing on me.

Wednesday Bass
Muse are still my favourite band, but I'm getting bored with nearly my whole iTunes at the moment, not just Muse. I need something new, inspiring, and exciting to listen to! And most importantly, I need something to take my mind off Thursday!

Ehehehehe, Katy Perry is on your top 8 list :lol: She's fit, and has a few tolerable songs, but I don't think she could ever rate that highly for me :p: But in any case, how about Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, and more Fightstar?

In other news, I've just found out I have a few Jimmy Buffet songs on my computer :wtf: They must have got on there when I was getting songs from Rock Band :/
Dinendal Leralonde

Ehehehehe, Katy Perry is on your top 8 list :lol: She's fit, and has a few tolerable songs, but I don't think she could ever rate that highly for me :p: But in any case, how about Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22, and more Fightstar?

In other news, I've just found out I have a few Jimmy Buffet songs on my computer :wtf: They must have got on there when I was getting songs from Rock Band :/

Katy Perry's first album is really good I think, I don't expect the second to be as good as it seems to have gone all mainstream (like with Snoop Dogg). I've got all of Fightstars stuff, I like it but nothing that jumps out at me tbh.

And Jimmy Buffet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-JajN9GXY
About 0:33
Dinendal Leralonde

Good lad. Good fookin' lad. Fiction :love:
Wednesday Bass
Katy Perry's first album is really good I think, I don't expect the second to be as good as it seems to have gone all mainstream (like with Snoop Dogg). I've got all of Fightstars stuff, I like it but nothing that jumps out at me tbh.

And Jimmy Buffet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-JajN9GXY
About 0:33

I'd honestly recommend last.fm...wander their coridoors and pop in on whoever you like the look of by their picture. It's worked wonders for me. :yes:
Stray_talk
pop in on whoever you like the look of by their picture. It's worked wonders for me. :yes:

:sexface:
Reply 4565
Dinendal Leralonde
:sexface:

Reply 4566
They have to play MK Ultra at these stadium shows, been so underwhelmed looking at their recent sets.
Gah! My mates have received their Muse tickets and I'm still waiting :frown:
ArchedEdge
Gah! My mates have received their Muse tickets and I'm still waiting :frown:

I think the Manchester people have received theirs, I'm still waiting for mine too (Wembley). Not long to go now! :woo:
JohnnySPal
:wtf: you on about hoebro?

Also, I'm kinda falling out of love with Muse too. The more I listen to the first four albums (I include Hullabaloo) the more I think about the quality of The Resistance. It's still above average, but myyyyeeeeeehhhhhhhhh it grows old relatively quickly. I kinda think the Wembley setlist will either have me cumming to them again or turn me away even more (I think I know which is the more likely scenario an' all). Boo for controversial comments from the JSP.

(Haven't read through the old posts so sorry if I'm repeating something)

But its a stadium tour so hopefully they'll cater for the older fans rather then playing more of the new stuff. Glasto's setlist was amazing, I was really happy with it (except where was the orchestra?) so hopefully Wembley will be even better as its not a festival and is purely for muse fans, and hopefully... we'll get the orchestra :biggrin:

But then again, I am worried because I'm not really a fan of the new stuff, yes they are going in a new direction and evolving blah blah but I miss the old stuff. I hope we get C.E!
I'd argue they're not evolving at all. It's all backwards crap.
Supermassive_muse_fan
(Haven't read through the old posts so sorry if I'm repeating something)

But its a stadium tour so hopefully they'll cater for the older fans rather then playing more of the new stuff. Glasto's setlist was amazing, I was really happy with it (except where was the orchestra?) so hopefully Wembley will be even better as its not a festival and is purely for muse fans, and hopefully... we'll get the orchestra :biggrin:

But then again, I am worried because I'm not really a fan of the new stuff, yes they are going in a new direction and evolving blah blah but I miss the old stuff. I hope we get C.E!

Was it? Fair play to them it was a true greatest hits set (and Guiding *****) which is the right thing to do for a festival, but at the same time it wasn't all that different to the 2009 tour which worries me. I'm really hoping for a bit more variety, especially from what I expect to be an extended 22-24 song set, but I'm not holding out (I'm refusing to look at set lists for other stadium gigs by the way, so please try and spoiler for me :emo: )

I really want them to pull an Unintended out of the bag again this time. Not Unintended itself, of course, but something of a similar vein. It'll never happen, but something like this would make it the best gig I've ever been to (even if Bellamy later personally takes an axe to my semen factories and exclaims "NOW WHO'S TALKING!?" or something):

If a couple of rares aren't possible, a second airing of that ******* magnificent Blackout performance wouldn't go amiss:

JohnnySPal
Was it? Fair play to them it was a true greatest hits set (and Guiding *****) which is the right thing to do for a festival, but at the same time it wasn't all that different to the 2009 tour which worries me. I'm really hoping for a bit more variety, especially from what I expect to be an extended 22-24 song set, but I'm not holding out (I'm refusing to look at set lists for other stadium gigs by the way, so please try and spoiler for me :emo: )

I really want them to pull an Unintended out of the bag again this time. Not Unintended itself, of course, but something of a similar vein. It'll never happen, but something like this would make it the best gig I've ever been to (even if Bellamy later personally takes an axe to my semen factories and exclaims "NOW WHO'S TALKING!?" or something):

If a couple of rares aren't possible, a second airing of that ******* magnificent Blackout performance wouldn't go amiss:

I'd love for another Unintended style song. Unintended is a lush song. But I think Blackout has to be their best slow song.
Wednesday Bass
I'd love for another Unintended style song. Unintended is a lush song. But I think Blackout has to be their best slow song.

I've always had a soft spot for Endlessly <3
Dil-Emma
I've always had a soft spot for Endlessly <3

True. Come to think about it, I do love most of their slow songs.

I heard a woman covering Endlessly a while ago when I was at work but didn't hear who did it. I thought it was quite good. Anyone else hear it before?
Reply 4575
It's about time they brought Space Dementia back :awesome:
Jehuty^
It's about time they brought Space Dementia back :awesome:

This. Though I think I'd very marginally prefer Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. Not that the songs are similar, but I'm guessing we won't be getting many of this kind of song, and that Bliss/CE are more likely to occupy some of the 'spare' slots.

As for other slow songs, I'd love for them to play Ruled By Secrecy. Hoodoo too.

What were the five most popular songs on the muse.mu poll for the UK stadium gigs? I can't be assed looking them up so there are ~150 rep points going for whoever posts them first (ahh rep, gotta love it :p: )
Butterflies & Hurricanes
+
Bliss.

thank youse.
Reply 4578
JohnnySPal
What were the five most popular songs on the muse.mu poll for the UK stadium gigs? I can't be assed looking them up so there are ~150 rep points going for whoever posts them first (ahh rep, gotta love it :p: )

From what I can quickly scan over of the Wembley dates

The 10th is
Citizen Erased ~ 7.2%
Bliss ~ 5.6%
Showbiz ~ 3.7%
Assassin ~ 3.4%
Fury ~ 3.1%

The 11th is
Citizen Erased ~ 8.1%
Bliss ~ 6.1%
Showbiz ~ 4.3%
Assassin ~ 3.8%
Fury/Hyper Music tied ~ 3.6%

so pretty similar :p:

gief cake nao plz :awesome:
Jehuty^
From what I can quickly scan over of the Wembley dates

The 10th is
Citizen Erased ~ 7.2%
Bliss ~ 5.6%
Showbiz ~ 3.7%
Assassin ~ 3.4%
Fury ~ 3.1%

The 11th is
Citizen Erased ~ 8.1%
Bliss ~ 6.1%
Showbiz ~ 4.3%
Assassin ~ 3.8%
Fury/Hyper Music tied ~ 3.6%

so pretty similar :p:

gief cake nao plz :awesome:

Shame they won't play all five :shakecane: and that we might get NSC instead of Hyper Music or something :shakecane: :shakecane:

Quick Reply

Latest