The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helenamm92
Yesss! Just got an offer for the Maths and Physics course :biggrin: So happy :smile:

woooooo well done!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by kerribbz_x
woooooo well done!!

Thanks :biggrin: I'm so excited, because I'll probably end up firming the joint course and making the straight physics my insurance XD That was always my plan if I didn't get an offer from Oxford, so I know now that it's possible :biggrin:

I really liked Warwick :tongue: what have you applied for?
Reply 382
Original post by no chance
Absolutely. Go for it. Anyone got a haters gonna hate macro?

Original post by helenamm92
Thanks :biggrin: I'm so excited, because I'll probably end up firming the joint course and making the straight physics my insurance XD That was always my plan if I didn't get an offer from Oxford, so I know now that it's possible :biggrin:

I really liked Warwick :tongue: what have you applied for?

haha aawwww I bet you're happy =) and you've got three offers :P well done! I'm really puzzled about my insurance, because I really want to go to warwick, but if I can't go there I want to go to bath, but they both want a grade 2 in step =( oh well!! Applied for warwick, bath, exeter, southampton and loughborough!!
Reply 384
Original post by Ishbel
Law with German Law :biggrin: it looks so amazing.

Doesn't it look awesome - I love the idea of learning another country's law (geek :p:) I see you're applying to Oxford, too, which college have you applied to? :smile:
Finally sent off my UCAS application. The waiting begins :s :biggrin:?
Original post by kerribbz_x
haha aawwww I bet you're happy =) and you've got three offers :P well done! I'm really puzzled about my insurance, because I really want to go to warwick, but if I can't go there I want to go to bath, but they both want a grade 2 in step =( oh well!! Applied for warwick, bath, exeter, southampton and loughborough!!

STEP is all about practice! I'm sure you'll be fine when the time comes! And if you get an offer from Bristol and get a 2 in STEP you get an AAB offer :biggrin:
Reply 387
Applying for English, acknowledged but no offer or rejection as of yet! Offers received seem to mainly be for maths/sciences so that gives me some hope haha :/
Does anyone know any subject specific applicants : places ratios? I know theyre general one is 9:1 but was wondering what it is for each subject :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 389
Original post by Pheebs1201
Does anyone know any subject specific applicants : places ratios? I know theyre general one is 9:1 but was wondering what it is for each subject :smile:

very:competitive haha :wink:
Original post by daisyfaye
very:competitive haha :wink:

Haha soo true :tongue:
Reply 391
I need to stop dreaming of getting an unconditional from Warwick >_<
I've got an offer for international managemant and received a confirmation letter that said that the fees for my first year will be £3,330 subject to Parliament's approval!

I swear the fees were only meant to be £3,290. I know thats not a big difference but I thought unis werent allowed to put them up yet?

And what about subsequent years?

And why only a small increase if they can charge what they like? Is £40 extra really going to make much difference?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Original post by georgie-rose
I've got an offer for international managemant and received a confirmation letter that said that the fees for my first year will be £3,330 subject to Parliament's approval!

The fees go up a little bit every year due to inflation, I assume this will be the price all universities are charging for the 2011/12 academic year.
Reply 394
Original post by cynthialf
The fees go up a little bit every year due to inflation, I assume this will be the price all universities are charging for the 2011/12 academic year.

Yes its the same for all home students. For 2012/2013 however, don't be surprised to see £8000 tuition fees.
Reply 395
Original post by Troubled_Student

Looking at my competition for Law so far; Doughnuts and Becca, I am definitely disadvantaged! Haha I can smell the rejections! Good luck guys and girls :smile:
:smile:

hahaha I've applied for Law as well and I too can smell the rejections :biggrin:
Original post by HilariousNinja

Original post by HilariousNinja
Cool! Erm the rest are Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Bristol. How about you?

UCL, Kings, Bristol and Surrey. All the best!
Hey I'm a law applicant as well. =] Nice choices.
Reply 398
Ha I swear Warwick are just trying to annoy me. Someone who sent there app off later than I did, just got an offer for the same course............. not that I'm bitter :tongue:
*sigh*
Still nothing from Warwick!! I'd feel better if they acknowledged I think, but alas.. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest