The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Sorry to hear about all the rejections!

I'm applying for straight econ with 8A*s 4As

and AAAC and as...with a 3A* prediction.

What are the chances of getting in?!?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Username: xbabycakes
Course: Psychology C800
Planned Entry: 2011

I'm so nervous right now! I doubt my grades are even good enough to get into UCL, as Psychology is so competitive!

GCSE's: 4 A*'s 4 A's 4 B's
AS Levels: A Psychology
A Philosophy
A Theatre Studies
B Biology
B English Language
A Levels: Predicted A*AA Psychology, Philosophy and Biology.

I've already got two conditional offers from Goldsmiths and RHUL. I've also applied to Queen Mary's and Surrey. Godd, this process is so nerve wracking! :frown:
Reply 482
Original post by xbabycakes

I'm so nervous right now! I doubt my grades are even good enough to get into UCL, as Psychology is so competitive!

A Philosophy
A Theatre Studies
B Biology
B English Language

I've already got two conditional offers from Goldsmiths and RHUL. I've also applied to Queen Mary's and Surrey. Godd, this process is so nerve wracking! :frown:

Haha I actually live outside of the U.K and I have no idea if UCL's biomedical sciences program is competitive or not. I gather that economics and history seem to be the most competitive but I am not 100% sure.
What do you guys think?
Original post by Beth_F
Anyone had any offers for Psychology yet?

As far as I know, UCL still interview for Psychology (held in Jan/Feb), and invites begin around November time, so you have a while to wait yet.

I love UCL. :cry:

Original post by xbabycakes

A Philosophy
A Theatre Studies
B Biology
B English Language

Your academics are similar to what mine were last year, I don't see any reason as to why you wouldn't get an interview provided your PS is good. Good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by 04smitht
Thank you
:biggrin:

Electronic Engineering :smile:

Congratulations.

What course specifically did you apply for? And when is your interview? Did they ask you to bring a lab book or any examples of your work eg coursework.

I applied for the MEng in EE with a year abroad and I've received an acknowledgement and i'm still waiting for an invitation to interview or an offer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by arrow12
Sorry to hear about all the rejections!

I'm applying for straight econ with 8A*s 4As

and AAAC and as...with a 3A* prediction.

What are the chances of getting in?!?

People here have been rejected with better.
Although, have you already applied? they rejected a whole load yesterday, if you survived that then you know...
Reply 486
Ouch, all of this insanely good lot being rejected for L100 is stupid! Could all L100 rejectees say when they sent off their UCAS? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I sent off my application on 9/10.
Reply 488
Got an offer from UCL for 4-year Maths :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by bzzz

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 490
Original post by saks10111
Oh that's nice, good luck! It's definitely one of my top choices, Wharton sounds brilliant! Are you applying to Wharton or to the main college?
I know, US admissions seem so random. I know people with great scores and grades who got rejected from all the Ivies they applied to, and then there's these random people with average scores who get in. I'm not really sure where I stand, but I guess all we can do is apply and hope for the best :smile:
So what made you decide on Penn? Has it always been a dream or is it something a little less poetic than that lol?

I'm applying to the College. A relative went there so that sparked my intrigue, the education is second to none (as are all the ivies), the liberal arts curriculum and the easy enrollment in different undergraduate schools are awesome! When I visited, I had that ahhhhh moment, so I guess it has been a long term aspiration yes but also a well researched one. As for scores I hate the SAT, with a passion, domestic American's are quite well prepared for it whereas I am not. It seems SAT scores are not the most important factor in admissions as I have seen people with low scores (in comparison to the schools that they are applying to) gain admission over those with higher scores. However, we must bear in mind that they all hold excellent grades on their transcripts and that the SAT is not a test of intelligence and is conducted over one day.
Got an offer for Physics (4 years) today :smile: AAB with the B in chemistry (Advanced highers). Does say "See also a letter sent by the institution" under the conditions so maybe there is more :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 492
Original post by Summerdays
Congratulations :biggrin:

Original post by Ray_Han
Ah, ok cool, I got the acknowledgment as well. I think that maybe I should have applied for L100 instead though. Really good candidates are getting rejected for L100, and L101 will be even more difficult :s-smilie:.

what!! no way people are lying they cant be rejecting already? i really want to america i think it'll make the course more fun hopefully lol but ur right it will be harder for L101 candidates cause there's prob less spaces, have you checked the ratio of how many ppl apply and get an offer?
Reply 494
Original post by londonchick12321
what!! no way people are lying they cant be rejecting already? i really want to america i think it'll make the course more fun hopefully lol but ur right it will be harder for L101 candidates cause there's prob less spaces, have you checked the ratio of how many ppl apply and get an offer?

Yeh it's scary that with other subjects they might have an offer by now with equivalent grades, but they have been rejected straight away for economics. Yep, going to Columbia or Chicago especially would be great :biggrin:. I think there are about 20 spaces, but since this is the first year of applications for the course, there is no ratio of applicants to offers. I would expect them to make about 30 offers though.
Reply 495
Original post by bzzz

Congrats!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 496
Has anyone heard of any offers for the maths and physics course?
Original post by acm345
Has anyone heard of any offers for the maths and physics course?

If you scroll up you'll see 2 people with offers for both.
Reply 498
any straight economics offers?
Reply 499
Original post by Noodlzzz
If you scroll up you'll see 2 people with offers for both.

No I mean the actual 'Maths and Physics' course, not Mathematics and Physics as individual subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending