The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ray_Han
Well I don't know what the odds will be, but I don't think it will necessarily be harder than L100. They have only just put up the universities available, after the Oxbridge deadline, so a lot of top candidates will not have applied. Yeh hopefully we can get on the course and go to our top choice unis :smile:. My grades are in profile, but I think the PS will be very important, as someone with perfect grades on here got rejected for L100. It is scary how little I know about this course though. I have no idea if they interview, for example- it would be such a shock to get an interview invite through the post!

i checked and they said that 18 people apply for every place for the L100 course so the odds are pretty **** lol but well done on your exam results 11A*'s wow i only got 5 lol but yeah hopefully they wont randomly interview i dont know anything either! just goin with the flow and hoping i'll be on the californian beach in 2 years time :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Do you get notified about your offer on the email first or on the UCAS track?
Original post by asdfg0987
Do you get notified about your offer on the email first or on the UCAS track?

Last year my Track updated before they sent me the email if I remember correctly.
Every time I read this thread my stomach does somersaults. Anyone know when the Psych dept. normally start offering (or rejecting, in my case)?
Heeey
I'm applying to do Arch and Anth. Has anyone been asked for
interview, or been given an offer yet? Same question for straight archaeology people as well :smile:
Reply 605
I received an email from the human sciences admissions tutor today, asking me to answer several questions related to the course. Initially I was shocked, thinking that it was a rejection because it starts with something like "we feel obliged to make offers to applicants who fully understand the broad based nature of the degree". :biggrin:

The admissions tutor attached a presentation to the mail and said that he presents these notes to applicants coming to an interview (I'm an international applicant so I won't be interviewed). So I think this mail is my interview! :smile:

Has anyone else received such a questionaire?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 606
Original post by Robin123
I received an email from the human sciences admissions tutor today, asking me to answer several questions related to the course. Initially I was shocked, thinking that it was a rejection because it starts with something like "we feel obliged to make offers to applicants who fully understand the broad based nature of the degree". :biggrin:

The admissions tutor attached a presentation to the mail and said that he presents these notes to applicants coming to an interview (I'm an international applicant so I won't be interviewed). So I think this mail is my interview! :smile:

Has anyone else received such a questionaire?

What else did he say?
PM me the mail? :tongue:

I'm so nervous!!!
Got invited to the ESPS assessment day on December 8th :biggrin:
Original post by blahblah16
Congrats! Was it from the Politics or French tutor? I'm wondering if the French dept are looking at things yet... Thanks

Thanks! It was from Tessa Robinson, who AFAIK is the ESPS admissions tutor. Don't know how quick French are looking at apps though yet.
Reply 609
Original post by arcticandy

Congrats!! Did you get an email?WHEN?:biggrin: And when did you send in your application?
Did you get anything on UCAS?
Anyone else got any kind of response for ESPS?
(edited 13 years ago)
Aussiezilla
Economics

Applying tonight gaaaaaaah :eek:
Original post by gery2010
Congrats!! Did you get an email?WHEN?:biggrin: And when did you send in your application?
Did you get anything on UCAS?
Anyone else got any kind of response for ESPS?

Nothing on UCAS, I got an email at about 11:30 today :biggrin: Sent my app off on the 8th of October (didn't get processed until the 12th though).
Reply 612
Original post by aussiezilla
Aussiezilla
Economics

Applying tonight gaaaaaaah :eek:

noo more economics competition!

good luck all the same though :smile:
Username: Saffire
Course: Natural Science
Planned Entry: 2011

eeek...people already have replies and I'm only sending my ucas tomorrow :s-smilie:
I just want to know if I've got an interview or not! The suspense is killing me! I'm a Track Addict at the moment, it's embarrassing!
Reply 615
Original post by eugeneho
I didn't get into oxford! I applied last year with deferred entry for 2011!

Ahh right, sorry about that.
Reply 616
Original post by arcticandy

I got invited to the assessment day as well today! Excited but bloody nervous! :smile:
Reply 617
Original post by Tomrawr
I got invited to the assessment day as well today! Excited but bloody nervous! :smile:

When did you send in ur application??
Username: theappletree
Course: EUROPEAN SOCIAL AND POLITICAL STUDIES
Planned Entry: 2011

sent my UCAS late october and got invited to the assessment day on 8 December :smile:
Reply 619
Original post by shubham_ag
So are you studying Economics at UCL currently??

And that early!! :eek:

Now I'll start getting mini heart attacks every time I open UCAS!! :frown:

Nope! I'm on deferred entry so I'm starting school next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending