The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Hey!

Is anyone applying for neuroscience or another life science? Have you gotten any replies from UCL yet? If not, do you know when to expect something?

Good luck to everyone :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by rhea45
Does anyone know when they start giving out offers?

Original post by icy-snowflake
I think that there are people on here who have already received offers for physics and math. Not sure for other subjects, though.

Well I have an offer for Economics and Business with East European Studies and I think I saw one or two History/History of Art offer holders around here somewhere :smile: It's all very random though, the timing of offers, so I wouldn't go by any of this. Good luck!
Reply 702
Original post by shubham_ag
Oh.Nice man.

Hope I get an offer from UCL as well. :frown:

Can you tell me my chances if I mail you my Profile?? :confused:

yup all the best in your application! Hmm nowadays it's really quite unpredictable due to the level of competition. I believe that the personal statement is more of a distinguishing factor rather than grades given that most students have straight As. I don't think I'd be able to predict anything accurately! so sorry about that.
Original post by saks10111
Congrats :smile: One question, when you got your offer, did you get an email from UCL as well as the Track update?

No email; just the track update and then a rather convoluted letter came yesterday :smile:
Well I have an offer for Economics and Business with East European Studies and I think I saw one or two History/History of Art offer holders around here somewhere :smile: It's all very random though, the timing of offers, so I wouldn't go by any of this. Good luck!

Congrats on the offer! ^^
Reply 705
Nothing for Philosophy and Economics yet?
Reply 706
name: -lilly-
Year of entry: 2011
course: Politics and East European Studies

grades: 7A* 3 A at GCSE . 4 A at AS (declared)
predictions: 4 A

decision: conditional ABB

conclusion: it's all in the personal statement
Original post by icy-snowflake
Congrats on the offer! ^^

Reply 708
Original post by sylvie92
Nothing for Philosophy and Economics yet?

Nein...... How's TSA btw?
Reply 709
Original post by manthew
Nein...... How's TSA btw?

Not TOO bad, I found that the questions were way too long but that the essays were okay :biggrin: fingers crossed for the next month! what about you?
Original post by buttercuplizzy
While, ideally I would love to study Philosophy and Politics combined- but no universities I like really offer it. So, i thought i would try my luck and apply to them individually at UCL. I mean, i know loads of people who have done this kind of things. The two area link extremely well, and when talking about Philosophy i spoke about Political Philosophy (Locke's- Civil Treatise of Government) and the Ethics of Politics (for example, Guantanmo and how the US manipulated domestic and international law and whether this was right.) . Also, because it's PEES I spoke about early C20th Russia and Marx's Communist Manifesto- which is a big political philosophy text. Admittedly, my personal statement does lean more towards Politics, but you don't know until you try- do you? I would always regret it if I didn't give it a shot. I decided not to apply to oxbridge in the end (because i majorly was not ready for the 15th October deadline :colondollar: ) so, Philosophy was like my one fantasy option to replace the oxbridge fantasy lol.

anyway, longgggg rant overrr.

My best friend is at SSEES and his accommodation is RIGHT opposite SEESS, so when i've gone to visit him i've just gazed longingly at SEESS from his window. lol. have you heard about interview or anything yet? mine hasn't been acknowledge yet :s-smilie: i looked on the website and they said they start interviewing for PEES 12th January...

Sounds like you pulled it off well :biggrin: I applied for five different courses... PPE, PolPhil, EuroPol, International Studies + PEES! Haha.

Really?? Wow, that's awsm! Does your best friend like the course/department? I applied on 14th Oct and I've been acknowledged. I just received an email from UCL saying that they're not unlikely to give offers until the end of January, because they're waiting until January 15th. They're only giving rejections up until that point! So after acknowledgement, no news is good news :smile:
Reply 711
Original post by sylvie92
Not TOO bad, I found that the questions were way too long but that the essays were okay :biggrin: fingers crossed for the next month! what about you?

:frown: i'm actually waiting for my rejection response now
Reply 712
Original post by manthew
:frown: i'm actually waiting for my rejection response now

don't lose faith! i keep thinking that i'll be rejected from all the five unis i've applied to, but at the same time a think that "if you never try you'll never know" (coldplay :biggrin: ) ...So I repeat it: fingers crossed!!!
Original post by dorian gray
Sounds like you pulled it off well :biggrin: I applied for five different courses... PPE, PolPhil, EuroPol, International Studies + PEES! Haha.

Really?? Wow, that's awsm! Does your best friend like the course/department? I applied on 14th Oct and I've been acknowledged. I just received an email from UCL saying that they're not unlikely to give offers until the end of January, because they're waiting until January 15th. They're only giving rejections up until that point! So after acknowledgement, no news is good news :smile:

PHEW. i'm not the only one applying for 5 different courses. YAY.
very pleased to hear that they aren't giving out offers until January. Looking though this thread has made me really worried as offers have already been given out to some people! I found someone at UCL who is studying PEES and he was telling me about the interview and stuff- it was really helpful. If we get interviews we shall have to re-continue this conversation and i shall try and find out a bit more about the interview to tell you ( as he was pretty drunk when he was talking about it)
Original post by -lilly-

found another PEES applicant. YAY.
where else are you applying to?
Original post by -lilly-

Congratulations on your offer! When did you apply? I'm applying for the same course :biggrin:

Original post by buttercuplizzy
PHEW. i'm not the only one applying for 5 different courses. YAY.
very pleased to hear that they aren't giving out offers until January. Looking though this thread has made me really worried as offers have already been given out to some people! I found someone at UCL who is studying PEES and he was telling me about the interview and stuff- it was really helpful. If we get interviews we shall have to re-continue this conversation and i shall try and find out a bit more about the interview to tell you ( as he was pretty drunk when he was talking about it)

Yes, that would be cool :smile: Best of luck :biggrin: Is UCL your 1st choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 716

Congratulations on the offer! Ive applied for law and I havent heard of anyone who received offers thats probably because of LNAT scores or something :/ I guess I just have to wait haha
Username: KatieRhiannon
Course: Archaeology

Fingers crossed!
Username: for no reason
Course: Maths & Statistical science
Planned Entry: 2011

:biggrin:
I got an email saying they will recommend to the faculty that I be made an offer... so do I have an offer or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending