Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Freerider101
I got a letter in the post today which said if I contact them they I can go to an open day, so no specific dates or anything. My letter might be different to yours because I'm from Channel Islands and although we are really close to mainland UK we are still classed as international students. Although yesterday when my tracking status changed and said conditional, and when I followed the link from the course code it said AAB. So hopefully thats the conditions I need to meet. :smile: What about you, what did your letter say?

I got a letter today too :biggrin: It said that they are making me an offer and the standard offer is AAB, but that the precise offer will be confirmed at the "informal meeting with an academic member of staff".

It's weird because at a masterclass at nottingham uni one of the tutors told me that they interview before they give offers.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 421
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Anyone got any Spanish related offers?

I've got one for English and Hispanic Studies, you?
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
im jealous.. My offer for sociology at nottingham is abc/bbb.

Reaaally :O I feeel really lucky that they've given me a lower offer is nottingham your first choice? :biggrin:?
Original post by asabashoyuki
Are they always that generous? :eek:

AB/BBB still sounds strange though....I wonder why do they only want 2 subjects (furthermore, I've already got an A in Japanese....so I only need one more B) :tongue:

I'll probably firm Manchester though...feeling a bit guilty about wasting their kindness.

Notts probably wants to be the new insurance choice, to catch the Oxbridge applicants who slips up?

I'm applying to Notts for Econ too, I'd love it to be my firm. I heard you need 8 A*s GCSE, what did you get? Plus add in your AS levels & grades for my interest pls :P
Got a welcome pack from Nottingham today :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 425
Original post by Freerider101
I got a letter in the post today which said if I contact them they I can go to an open day, so no specific dates or anything. My letter might be different to yours because I'm from Channel Islands and although we are really close to mainland UK we are still classed as international students. Although yesterday when my tracking status changed and said conditional, and when I followed the link from the course code it said AAB. So hopefully thats the conditions I need to meet. :smile: What about you, what did your letter say?

ahh thats awesome! mine said along the lines of...

''I am delighted to inform you that we shall be making you an offer of a place on your chosen course, our standard offer is AAB...... however, we believe it is important to treat your application individually..... the precise offer you will receive will be confirmed at that meeting (at an open day on the 2nd feb)''

so yeah... its promising i guess :smile: lol, well done on your offer :smile:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Reaaally :O I feeel really lucky that they've given me a lower offer is nottingham your first choice? :biggrin:?

OMG thats unfair!! hahaha.
it is so far.. but i REALLY want to go to LSE, but i don't stand a chance.. so yeah i guess it will be.. is it yours? :smile:
Original post by kttt101
ahh thats awesome! mine said along the lines of...

''I am delighted to inform you that we shall be making you an offer of a place on your chosen course, our standard offer is AAB...... however, we believe it is important to treat your application individually..... the precise offer you will receive will be confirmed at that meeting (at an open day on the 2nd feb)''

so yeah... its promising i guess :smile: lol, well done on your offer :smile:

Thats interesting. Mine says

"I am delighted to inform you that we shall be marking you an offer of a place on this course.... *some stuff about how confirmation will be through UCAS*.... We realise that it is a long journey to Nottingham but if you like to visit our University Campus please contact us."

So nothing about open days or typical offers etc. Its probably because I'm from Channel Islands and they're not expecting me to visit. Although I think I will. :biggrin: My folks don't mind me travelling by myself, so I can visit all 5 of my choices without it costing too much.
Original post by skt1
Anyone else applied for Politics and American Studies? Got my offer a few weeks ago! :biggrin:

Well done!

I'm applying for american studies and history :smile:

How long did it take them to give you an offer?
Original post by becca-x
I got a letter today too :biggrin: It said that they are making me an offer and the standard offer is AAB, but that the precise offer will be confirmed at the "informal meeting with an academic member of staff".

It's weird because at a masterclass at nottingham uni one of the tutors told me that they interview before they give offers.

Awesome. See my last post. I obviously got a slightly different letter than yours geared towards international students. If you go on tracker and click on the course code for your conditional offer at Nottingham. Does it take you to a formal page where it states AAB? - because thats the only mention I've seen of grades!
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Notts probably wants to be the new insurance choice, to catch the Oxbridge applicants who slips up?

I'm applying to Notts for Econ too, I'd love it to be my firm. I heard you need 8 A*s GCSE, what did you get? Plus add in your AS levels & grades for my interest pls :P

Might be? :redface:

I've heard about it as well...and was terrifying about that because I've only got...

2A* 5A, yup, that's it. (+2B3C1D?)

(international student fee status might be the reason of acceptance?)

AS Levels..hmm

Japanese A 98% (In case you want to know:tongue:) (+ 87% in A2....(sigh))
Chinese A 80%
Maths A 90%
Music A 80% (Yeah, another 80%:rolleyes:)
Business Stu. D 57.5% (Retaking all two modules)
ICT Dist
Reply 431
i've applied for law :smile: took the lnat today, it was HORRIBLE >:frown:
Original post by Paparazzi
I've got one for English and Hispanic Studies, you?

That's the course I applied for! :smile: When did you apply? When did they give you an offer?
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
OMG thats unfair!! hahaha.
it is so far.. but i REALLY want to go to LSE, but i don't stand a chance.. so yeah i guess it will be.. is it yours? :smile:

Well, i really want to go to liverpool but if they don't give me an offer then Nottingham will be my first choice! :biggrin: Where else have you applied too? :smile:
Original post by asabashoyuki
Might be? :redface:

I've heard about it as well...and was terrifying about that because I've only got...

2A* 5A, yup, that's it. (+2B3C1D?)

(international student fee status might be the reason of acceptance?)

AS Levels..hmm

Japanese A 98% (In case you want to know:tongue:) (+ 87% in A2....(sigh))
Chinese A 80%
Maths A 90%
Music A 80% (Yeah, another 80%:rolleyes:)
Business Stu. D 57.5% (Retaking all two modules)
ICT Dist

Very nice grades! :smile:

Very weird subject choices for Econ, being an international student helps, no doubt :smile:
Any one here got an offer for Computer Science ???
Reply 436
Original post by Glen_Nichols

I heard you need 8 A*s GCSE

erm
what?
:s-smilie: :confused: :s-smilie:
Reply 437
Original post by mabdullah8
Any one here got an offer for Computer Science ???

Yup, got an offer of BC two or so weeks ago.

Considering the standard offer is AAB I must write a mean personal statement :biggrin:
Reply 438
Mechanical Engineering, Anyone got an offer for this course yet/Applying for it?
Original post by pixiebot
erm
what?
:s-smilie: :confused: :s-smilie:

For economics. Cruel world out there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending