The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeographyEllie
i don't think i get it, don't have a go please just explain :/ x

It's meant to imply that muse sold out really really quickly and that clegg has sold out his beliefs on the student loans thing even quicker.

Whether you believe either of these things is another matter altogether!
Original post by hothedgehog

Original post by hothedgehog
It's meant to imply that muse sold out really really quickly and that clegg has sold out his beliefs on the student loans thing even quicker.

Whether you believe either of these things is another matter altogether!

Yeh, depends on what you mean by selling out. In my opinion being popular =/= selling out but there are a stupid amount of silly hipsters who are too immature to cope with other people knowing who the band they are like and hence a drop in their sense of superiority.
Maybe the twilight thing was a bit too far for Muse though, but I can see why they did it. Instant American audience without lifting a finger
Original post by museobsessed
Yeh, depends on what you mean by selling out. In my opinion being popular =/= selling out but there are a stupid amount of silly hipsters who are too immature to cope with other people knowing who the band they are like and hence a drop in their sense of superiority.
Maybe the twilight thing was a bit too far for Muse though, but I can see why they did it. Instant American audience without lifting a finger

I dunno, I personally think anything which involves a rapid change away from what the band were originally doing to something new and popular is selling out. I don't see muse have done this to be honest, there's quite a clear development over time and what they're doing now isn't exactly the popular trend in music!
(edited 13 years ago)
I though it was meant to mean Muse selling out in terms of gig tickets. eg Clegg sold out faster than Muse sold out Wembley Stadium. I suppose either interpretation would make sense.
(edited 13 years ago)
Muse sold out their wembley tour in 2007 in 45 mins for both days :smile:
and than did it three years later three times quicker :smile: they deserve medals, <3
i was a massive muse AND paramore fan way before i even knew about twilight!! I don't think that it's fair some people on the muse forum say they got all big in the states cos of stephenie meyer because yeah, they're great friends but matt bellamy does not need a film to get more young ladys drooling over him and more record sales does he??? oh, and men, i guess drool over him :smile:
twilight has gone downhill, the books are amazing and the films well, crap :smile: low budget and different to actual plots :smile:
whoa i just wrote an essay :smile:
Original post by Supernovae
I though it was meant to mean Muse selling out in terms of gig tickets. eg Clegg sold out faster than Muse sold out Wembley Stadium. I suppose either interpretation would make sense.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have even have thought of that... lol.
Reply 5366

That's what I assumed. Lighten up, people! :p:

This is the one I interpreted as (although the twilight thing makes sense too) :smile:
Original post by GeographyEllie
Muse sold out their wembley tour in 2007 in 45 mins for both days :smile:
and than did it three years later three times quicker :smile: they deserve medals, <3
i was a massive muse AND paramore fan way before i even knew about twilight!! I don't think that it's fair some people on the muse forum say they got all big in the states cos of stephenie meyer because yeah, they're great friends but matt bellamy does not need a film to get more young ladys drooling over him and more record sales does he??? oh, and men, i guess drool over him :smile:
twilight has gone downhill, the books are amazing and the films well, crap :smile: low budget and different to actual plots :smile:
whoa i just wrote an essay :smile:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long the wembley 2010 dates sold out in?
On the subject of selling out - I don't really think Muse 'sold 'out' because they never wanted to be anything less than the biggest bands in the world (which they essentially are)
I'm usually annoyingly 'hipster' when it comes to massive bands but I love Muse... XD
Original post by Sonny_J_D

I'm usually annoyingly 'hipster' when it comes to massive bands but I love Muse... XD

Oh, then how do you feel about Shatter Band? I heard they only have, like, two fans.

This is what I immediately thought of too. :grin:
Original post by Dil-Emma
This is what I immediately thought of too. :grin:

I also thought that. Didn't they break Queen's record or something?

Also, it would now seem that Jehu and I are eventually gonna move in together :awesome: Sounds like it's time for a sexy party! :awesome::awesome:
Reply 5373
Am I invited to this pants party? :pierre:
Original post by R-KAM
Am I invited to this pants party? :pierre:

Only if you bring Hayley Williams with you. Or Felicia Day.
Reply 5375
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

Only if you bring Hayley Williams with you. Or Felicia Day.

If I had Hayley Willaims then I wouldn't come to the pants party :colonhash:

Spoiler

You can have Felicia Day though...

Also, it would now seem that Jehu and I are eventually gonna move in together :awesome: Sounds like it's time for a sexy party! :awesome::awesome:

srs like? when? if I get a better paid job i'd love nothing more than to move the **** out, can I also get in on this house action?
Sorry.

But what on earth happened to TSR? It's all messed up now after the update. I have articles on the front page instead of the "popular threads" etc. It's gone..
Original post by Luceria

Original post by Luceria
Sorry.

But what on earth happened to TSR? It's all messed up now after the update. I have articles on the front page instead of the &quot;popular threads&quot; etc. It's gone..

ah. not just me then. phew

Whut.
Since when? Jehu you make me so sad :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest