The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Is anyone going to the Maths open day on Friday?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1041
Got a letter saying they would invite me to an interview in the near future :smile:
Just got this email:
In order to save time for interview scheduling purposes, please can
> > > >you let me know if you can come to the UCL Chemistry Department on 23
> > > >November 2010. In short the timetable for the day will be that you
> > > >should arrive at 10:45 a.m. and be ready to leave by approximately
> > > >3:40 p.m. If you can come I will send you a hard copy of the
> > > >invitation along with a copy of the prospectus.
> > > >
> > > >As this is a blanket email, please can you state your full name as it
> > > >appears on your application so I will know who you are.

Weird communication...
> > > >
Original post by riotgrrl
I got a thumbs down for saying I'd sent off my questionaire? Really? xD God, sorry for meeting deadlines :p:

That may have been me clicking accidentally! Super sorry! I'll go and thumb up if you're bothered.
Original post by buttercuplizzy
Someone on here has apprently already been given an offer for Politics.... hummm, bet that's true. :rolleyes:

thanks, that was really helpful! I'm majorly worried now.... I thought it was a pretty 'safe' choice as it says the offer is AAB-ABB. but now i'm very uncertain as my personal statement was Politics and Philosophy based- not purely about Politics. You just don't know how these things are going to go. I'm predicted A*A*A* so hopefully i will make it past the "first stage", but if i don't that will be a bit of a kick in the teeth, if you get what i mean. I only got my acknowledgement a week ago, so yeah- no news is good news at the moment.

Wow, A*A*A*! Why did you not apply for ESPS?
Original post by dorian gray
Wow, A*A*A*! Why did you not apply for ESPS?

I do History, English Literature and Religious Studies... they like people who take Maths etc etc. Plus, my GCSE were pants. GCSE weren't my type of thing, I prefer nice long essay and not multiple choice physics questions, thank you very much. lol. Also, i really like SSEES, seems very 'me'. Just worried that people have been given offers and interviews and i've heard nothing. Going on the whole 'no news is good news' premiss.
:redface:
Biochemistry, just an acknowledgement so far.
7 Chem HL
6 Bio HL
6 Maths HL
40/45 predicted

How are other IB pupils getting along with UCL?
Heya-
Buttercup here. Decided to change my account- various reasons... but, still me :smile:
Original post by classicalstudent
Haha too true, I think I got the balance OK in the end though. I found it hard not to do 2 on literature as well! I really like the poemy thing at the end so that bit was pretty fun, the only real difficulty was keeping it all in the limits. I agree that the modern world one was the trickiest though. Have you applied for the course with the year abroad or just the 3 year?

Just three years, I wouldn't want to go away and come back and have all my friends graduated. How about you?

komovalondon
That may have been me clicking accidentally! Super sorry! I'll go and thumb up if you're bothered.

Haha no, it's fine, I just thought it was a bit of a random thing to be disgruntled about! :tongue:
Reply 1049
I saw some ESPS offers or interview invitations, right?
Were there any rejections for ESPS?
i know its earlly, but has anyone heard anything about Law?
Reply 1051
Original post by a daedalus
nothing from UCL english, anyone else?

Still nothing apart from acknowledgement over here as well.

Hoping it's a good sign!

-Unless they're just working through it alphabetically :s-smilie:

x
Original post by antantoon

I'm an IB pupil; I applied to UCL for History and I've had an acknowledgement and a questionnaire to fill in. I sent the questionnaire back about two weeks ago and haven't heard since. :s-smilie: Fingers crossed and waiting for a response!
Original post by clare_phoebe
I'm an IB pupil; I applied to UCL for History and I've had an acknowledgement and a questionnaire to fill in. I sent the questionnaire back about two weeks ago and haven't heard since. :s-smilie: Fingers crossed and waiting for a response!

I applied to Biochemistry but didn't get a questionnaire I think I applied after the questionnaires were sent. What was the questionnaire all about?
Good luck
Original post by buttercuplizzy
I do History, English Literature and Religious Studies... they like people who take Maths etc etc. Plus, my GCSE were pants. GCSE weren't my type of thing, I prefer nice long essay and not multiple choice physics questions, thank you very much. lol. Also, i really like SSEES, seems very 'me'. Just worried that people have been given offers and interviews and i've heard nothing. Going on the whole 'no news is good news' premiss.
:redface:

Ahh, fair enough!

They've offered 0 interviews and have given 0 offers for Politics & East European Studies; people have only heard back for Economics, Business & EES!

Sooo, I wouldn't worry :wink:
What was the questionnaire all about?
Good luck

It was definitely a History specific questionnaire, so hopefully they wouldn't send it to a Biochemistry applicant! :wink: Good luck to you too!
Original post by clare_phoebe
It was definitely a History specific questionnaire, so hopefully they wouldn't send it to a Biochemistry applicant! :wink: Good luck to you too!

Okay thats probably good :tongue: I dont know anything about History apart from the basics :rolleyes:

Just got an interview for neuroscience :smile: Anyone else been invited to Interview Day for the 1st December?
Original post by riotgrrl
Just three years, I wouldn't want to go away and come back and have all my friends graduated. How about you?

3 as well, tempted to ask to switch for the 4 year course though, a year in Greece or Italy would be pretty amazing. Is UCL your first choice?
Reply 1059
Biochemistry, just an acknowledgement so far.
7 Chem HL
6 Bio HL
6 Maths HL
40/45 predicted

Hey!! :smile: Haha I am also an IB applicant, I sat my exams during this session (November) and applied to UCL around mid October.
I applied for biomedical sciences and received an acknowledgement so far. eeeeeek!! I just wish I can hear their decision soon - a rejection is even better than nothing! I was predicted around a 44/45 but I don't think reality will ever match up to that prediction .
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending