The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Apologies to anyone who came across me today at the open day. I had no sleep and was dead on my feet.

For a point of reference, I was the 'Only Law and Politics student'. ¬_¬
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey guys! Had my Physics Interview today! It went swimmingly well. Everyone is right on this forum about the interviews, so trust them! They do want to test you, so after a really nice chat (which was honestly, so much fun) he wanted to see me do some academics. So he made up a situation about a geostationary satelite and asked me to work out the distance between satelite and earth, and i had to work out the distance from the earth. I needed prompting on circular motion (because its been so long since i did it) but i stated like 4 other equations, heck, he was impressed i knew what a geostationary satelite is! He was pleased i made sure everything was in SI units (like turning 24hours into seconds... 24x60x60). He even said "wow, youve brought your own pen and calculator...". My advice is to calm down, its fun and enjoyable, make sure you know your personal statement, heck, i took a copy of mine in there with me and placed it on the table to sit down! Thats the only info they really know about you, so thats all they can question you on.
Original post by hannah12
no news is good news! If they definitely didn't want you, they would have rejected you by now!

Ooh thanks for your optimism!! Though someone did say they got an offer last week for the same course! Got a bad feeling about this one!! Ah well :smile:
Original post by kyc
I got an offer for Business Management sometime last week :smile:

Congrats!! When did you send off your ucas? If they've already given offers, I'll patiently wait for my rejection lol. :smile:
Anyone know how long it will take for them to send English offers/rejections after today's interviews?
i got that weird email saying they WILL give me an offer and I've been invited to that open day thing...

i got this about 4 days ago but my ucas hasnt been updated?
Reply 346
Original post by LadyLondoner
Congrats!! When did you send off your ucas? If they've already given offers, I'll patiently wait for my rejection lol. :smile:

I sent my ucas off about 4 weeks ago, so I have been waiting for a while before their decision came - don't worry too much, I'm sure they will get back to you very soon! And good luck :smile:

Without knowing the actual stats, as far as I understand I don't think this is one of the more competitive courses at Queen Mary so they will probably give you an offer providing that you match up with their academic requirement, which I assume you do, so I think you should be fine :h:
Reply 347
Original post by xbabycakes
psychology offers anyone?

No :emo:
Original post by kyc
I sent my ucas off about 4 weeks ago, so I have been waiting for a while before their decision came - don't worry too much, I'm sure they will get back to you very soon! And good luck :smile:

Without knowing the actual stats, as far as I understand I don't think this is one of the more competitive courses at Queen Mary so they will probably give you an offer providing that you match up with their academic requirement, which I assume you do, so I think you should be fine :h:

Lol thank you for keeping me optimistic! I sent mine off like 8 days ago, so it could be a while before they make a decision! Hate the wait!!
ANy news on the biological school applicants? I'm getting edgy!
Original post by grape:)
No :emo:

damn :frown: why are they taking so long!?
Reply 351
Original post by xbabycakes
damn :frown: why are they taking so long!?

I know :frown:
Reply 352
Original post by whatsmyage
i applied exactly one week ago for international relations and still havent received my acknowledgment email from QMUL. Should I start panicking? it was supposed to be one of my "safe options". Anyone from IR received any offers yet?

My application was sent off on the 20th of October, for international relations, I haven't received either an offer or an acknowledgement ! :frown: :confused::confused:
Reply 353
Original post by Alexandra289
I'll be applying for English (or English Literature and Linguistics).

Hey :smile:
How did you find the interview?
Reply 354
Original post by LadyLondoner
Lol thank you for keeping me optimistic! I sent mine off like 8 days ago, so it could be a while before they make a decision! Hate the wait!!

You're very welcome :smile: Where else have you applied to?
I went to the Open Day for Law yesterday, and I've chosen to study Law and Politics there. My mum just spoke with Jake Duffin on the phone and everyone who went yesterday is getting an offer!! Yayy :biggrin:
Original post by curly_wurly
I went to the Open Day for Law yesterday, and I've chosen to study Law and Politics there. My mum just spoke with Jake Duffin on the phone and everyone who went yesterday is getting an offer!! Yayy :biggrin:

Sweet, you have an offer and I haven't even written my personal statement.
Original post by kyc
You're very welcome :smile: Where else have you applied to?

I've applied to kings, queen Mary, Surrey (offer), royal holloway and Brunel (offer) :smile:
what about you?
Original post by hannah12
Just got invited for a visit day for Maths on the 24th November!
reckon that the invite=offer is for every department?

Check on the faculty website, but generally yes. They're not going to bother inviting you all the way to London if they're going to reject you.
Reply 359
I just had a short interview at Qmul for Msci physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending