The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
ahhhhhhh unconditional for french and spanish! so happyyyyyy!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by kizzie18
ahhhhhhh unconditional for french and spanish! so happyyyyyy!

Wooww when did you apply? I applied for French and am still waiting. And did you have an interview? Have you already done your A levels to get an unconditional?
Sorry for all the questions..
Reply 1162
Original post by blahblah16
Wooww when did you apply? I applied for French and am still waiting. And did you have an interview? Have you already done your A levels to get an unconditional?
Sorry for all the questions..

Yeah I've done my a levels, they didn't love me thaaat much haha! no interview but i think that's because i'm post a level. i applied on the 14th october so it's almost a month after..when did you send yours off? i'm sure you'll get an offer i was so convinced i wouldnt! good luck!!
Yeah I've done my a levels, they didn't love me thaaat much haha! no interview but i think that's because i'm post a level. i applied on the 14th october so it's almost a month after..when did you send yours off? i'm sure you'll get an offer i was so convinced i wouldnt! good luck!!

Applied on the 4th of October! And I applied for French on its own. What did you get for your A levels?
Reply 1164
Applied on the 4th of October! And I applied for French on its own. What did you get for your A levels?

it's probably easier to make post a level decisions though so wouldnt worry, have you applied to oxbridge then? my grades were A*A*A*ab
it's probably easier to make post a level decisions though so wouldnt worry, have you applied to oxbridge then? my grades were A*A*A*ab

Wow amazing grades! Not surprised you got a conditional. I got 4 A's at AS level but most people do that apply to UCL :/ Yeah i'm applying for Oxford but UCL is a close second choice. Are you?
anyone heard from biomedical science?
Reply 1167
Wow amazing grades! Not surprised you got a conditional. I got 4 A's at AS level but most people do that apply to UCL :/ Yeah i'm applying for Oxford but UCL is a close second choice. Are you?

Your grades are far better than mine were after year 12, I had aab and no other subjects so year 13 was pretty crazy work wise! yeah i've applied to Jesus Cambridge, total long shot tho so i'll very likely be going to ucl :smile: loads of luck for oxford!
My friend just got an offer from French and Spanish, no interview! She's so lucky. COME ON PSYCH!
Original post by xbabycakes
My friend just got an offer from French and Spanish, no interview! She's so lucky. COME ON PSYCH!

But had she already done her A levels like the above poster or not? I'm wondering whether I will have to have an interview or just get rejected or an offer
Original post by Izzyhalsall
Just got a letter from UCL inviting me to a Physics-Department open day. It was posted on the 12th of November, and I recieved it today. Anyone else coming to UCL for physics? =D

If you don't mind me asking, when exactly did you send your application off? I applied around the 25th October, and have only seen an acknowledgement. Scary stuff :frown:
But had she already done her A levels like the above poster or not? I'm wondering whether I will have to have an interview or just get rejected or an offer

Nope she's currently doing her A2's, same year as me. I don't know what she got in her AS levels because I'm not that friendly with her, but she must have done bloody good! Good luck with your application x
Original post by xbabycakes
Nope she's currently doing her A2's, same year as me. I don't know what she got in her AS levels because I'm not that friendly with her, but she must have done bloody good! Good luck with your application x

Thank you! Do you know what the conditions were? Haha sorry for all questions. Good luck too!
Original post by hungry_traveller
Anyone heard anything from Geography at all? The wait is killing me!

When did you apply? I sent mine last Thursday...acknowledgement so far only :frown:
I'm waiting on physics, it's only been 3 weeks but the wait is becoming so exhausting! I just want my offer already :erm:
I have an acknowledgement but that's it.
Reply 1175
Original post by thatgirl07
when did you apply?
and have you heard anything back yet?
and what are you being predicted?
and have you finished your portfolio?
:smile:

Omg sorry i didn't realize anyone replied haha!

I've applied 2 days ago! it took so long because my teacher took about 3 weeks to do my application!
i haven't heard back yet cause it's such a short amount of time! but im still nervous
I think i'm predicted three a's! i got aabc at a level which was quite disappointing...i was quite shocked at my c because that was the subject i had worked hardest for staying after shool almost every week from week 1!
i haven't finished my portfolio either :frown:

hows yours going? do you have an interview yet? have you prepared a portfolio?
what are you predicted and im assuming youre doing architecture too? when did you apply? :smile:

quote me if you reply! :smile:
Reply 1176
Got rejected today for English...the day after my rejection from Cambridge :frown:
Original post by anjolao
Got rejected today for English...the day after my rejection from Cambridge :frown:

I got rejected from UCL today too :C Wasn't a big surprise though...I don't know what I'd do without my fifth choice offer to get me through! Hope you get your offers soon!
Original post by anjolao

Sorry to hear that :frown: Have you got any acceptances?
Original post by haydyb123
Really good advice, thanks very much! I'm in the same situation: first choice, first interview... I'm quite looking forward to it, just thrilled I've got an interview if I'm honest! :smile:

dont worry, i know how mental i was getting and it wouldve helped a lot to know how the day goes haha. the main thing is just to enjoy it, acting confidently is half the battle! PM me and let me know how you get on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending