The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSingingMute
Nice, 7 years myself. Still shiite at the language =(

Do you go to a British school?

Ignore that, lol.

What school do you go to?*
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Nice, 7 years myself. Still shiite at the language =(

Do you go to a British school?

Im fluent but I should be better :P
I used to but I go to a boarding school in England, went just for 6th form. Im guessing you go to a British school as well.
Original post by Kobie
boo, i want one! hope i'll hear SOMETHING from those guys soon, an offer/interview would probably make my life. i'm rationalising things by reminding myself i'm always at the end of the alphabet and did after all send my application at nearly midnight on the oxbridge deadline.

practise your saucy telephone voice :rolleyes:

and guess what?? york are making offers now, got one for AAB about 10 secs ago :biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats on the York offer!! :smile:

I'm really awful on the phone, so I'm hoping for some magical miracle that I dont have to do it.:tongue: but w/e I'm just glad I passed the questionnaire part since all I did was go on and on about language acquisition.
Original post by blahblah16
I love De Beauvoir! I wrote all about her too because I love feminist literature. Also wrote about Sagan (I loveee Un Certain Sourire but I chose to write about La Chamade and Bonjour Tristesse- I've read all her books though ahaha). Also wrote about Madame Bovary - Flaubert. And Baudelaire as well just because I thought I should include some poetry as it was all prose that I was talking about. Yeah I love French philosophy like Sartre as I just mentioned- I find it so interesting although I think it's mainly because it's in French...
I also applied for Oxford. Which college? haha I think I've found my French match!

Haha yes De Beauvoir, I'm just appalling at typing. Yes I mentioned Bonjour Tristesse too! I applied to New College for sole French. It's all very exciting! It's the only university I haven't heard from... Very nervous though mainly about the test and also because I wrote a very big essay over the summer in french on Romanticism and aesthetics and I submitted an extract but I am incredibly scared they'll ask me lots of questions on it! What are you doing to prepare? Just lots of re-reading and grammar? Where else did you apply? Any offers?
Original post by antantoon
Im fluent but I should be better :P
I used to but I go to a boarding school in England, went just for 6th form. Im guessing you go to a British school as well.

Aye been at this British school from yr6->yr13.
Good school, small - about 25 people in 6th form.
Aye been at this British school from yr6->yr13.
Good school, small - about 25 people in 6th form.

My old school has about the same, now there are more than 300 people in sixth form... There are people in my year I dont even know. Kind of miss having the small amount of people. :tongue:
Original post by blahblah16
Hah that was just me being an idiot- obviously you meant De Beauvoir. I love Sagan- it's just so easy to read and beautiful. Thing is, I don't really have much of an opinion of it I just love it. I'm trying to re-read all my books though in case I get an interview. I also have to brush up on some of the ideas I put in my statement like I wrote about a philosophical theory i don't know much about so I'm going to have to get to know about it. Also worried about the bit where you have to speak French in the interview. I haven't heard from them either and it's really stressing me out! Yeah I've done a couple of practice tests and they're really hard. There are some bits which just seem so obvious and that's where stupid mistakes occur...
What made you choose New? It looks really nice because my friend is applying and she told me some stuff about it. I'm applying to Brasenose. Also applied to King's, UCL (obviously), Bristol and Nottingham and have offers from King's and Nottingham. I'm so impatient though! What were your other two apart from Durham, Ucl + Oxford? Durham looks so good I just can't handle not being in a bit city!

Well, I had a talk from the admissions tutor who incidentally has her degree in French and she told me or the mostpart the spoken is just a token question at the end and normally something about visiting France. Shouldn't be so hard. The test is hellish! But I'm working hard... So fingers crossed...
I chose New because it was big and liberal! That's really it! And brasenose? I've had offers fro
Bristol, UCL, Durham and Edinburgh so hopefully Oxford will be a yes! I'm
Not sure on London though because it's soooo big and I already know it well, I fear it won't be such an adventure!
Original post by zyuan1
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:just got an offer from ucl~ L100 ECON!

was tht a letter inviting you to an open day??
Reply 1248
Original post by jayjaybird33
Congrats on the York offer!! :smile:

I'm really awful on the phone, so I'm hoping for some magical miracle that I dont have to do it.:tongue: but w/e I'm just glad I passed the questionnaire part since all I did was go on and on about language acquisition.

oh and may i ask if you got the interview invite via post or email? so i know whether i need to befriend my postman or my refresh button...:rolleyes:
Original post by Izzyhalsall
Hey fellow physicist!
I applied the 15th of Oct, recieved achknowledgement on the 19th, and on the 15th of november i recieved a letter inviting me to a physics based open day (with no interviews or exams). The letter implies that iv already got the offer and the reason for the open day is so that they can sell their university to me (because i havent seen it yet). They do these open days as early as december and as a late as like march time. So dont worry, youll get into one if your PS was good enough! What have your grades been like? So far everyone i know has got into the open day at UCL, they arent that picky for physics because lucky for us, the country need us! Its one of the most employable degrees out there, biological sciences is more than 50% unemployed graduates, physics is not even 10% =P

Predicted AAB -> With A's in Maths and Physics, and a B in Chemistry. Not spectacular, but it does the Job :biggrin:
For AS -> Module 1 Module 2 Module 3 Overall
Maths (C1)A (C2)A (S1)B A
Physics D A A B
Chemistry B B D C
History C C C

1x A* (Maths) 4xA (English, Lit, History and Additional Science) Loads of B's and 1 C
Not sure if it counts to anything, but Additional Maths was a B for me.

Your grades are much higher than mine, so you've obviously got a better chance. Congrats on your invitation, you've basically got your offer. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kobie
oh and may i ask if you got the interview invite via post or email? so i know whether i need to befriend my postman or my refresh button...:rolleyes:

It came in my emails
Reply 1251
Original post by thecodman
was tht a letter inviting you to an open day??

NO. i got a ucas application status notification, then i check the track and got an conditional offer..
Reply 1252
hey guys, i sent off my ucas last tuesday, when should i expect UCL to send a confirmation email that they have recieved my application? (i got my imperial one next day) good luck to all u peeps
Original post by zyuan1
NO. i got a ucas application status notification, then i check the track and got an conditional offer..

do they not want you to go to an open day?? cuz my offer is subject to attendance of an open day... Ohh yh do you live far from london?/
Original post by Soloman
hey guys, i sent off my ucas last tuesday, when should i expect UCL to send a confirmation email that they have recieved my application? (i got my imperial one next day) good luck to all u peeps

I got my confirmation email from UCL two days after my UCAS was sent off.
Reply 1255
Original post by Cutieapple44
I got my confirmation email from UCL two days after my UCAS was sent off.

seriously? its been 5 days already im getting alittle worried..... could i call them up do you think?
Original post by Soloman
seriously? its been 5 days already im getting alittle worried..... could i call them up do you think?

I dont know but one of my unis havent sent me an acknowledgement, so I wouldnt worry.
What course are you applying for? What A levels are you taking?
Reply 1257
im reapplying to UCL for natural sciences and also for biochemical engineering, had an offer for nat sci AAA last year byt missed my offer by lousy 12%, was super bummed

Im redoing biology and chemistry to try get A* and maths aiming for A. You?
Reply 1258
Original post by Cutieapple44
I dont know but one of my unis havent sent me an acknowledgement, so I wouldnt worry.
What course are you applying for? What A levels are you taking?

im reapplying to UCL for natural sciences and also for biochemical engineering, had an offer for nat sci AAA last year byt missed my offer by lousy 12%, was super bummed

Original post by Soloman

I am applying for Pharmacology. Have already got my A levels - Maths, Biology and Chemistry. Good Luck in redoing your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending