The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

has anyone gotten any answers for anthropology?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by xbabycakes
looks like the Psychology department are sending out more questionnaires, just got one! :smile: I'm one step closer to UCL now, woop woop :redface:

that's good news, well done! I just sent mine off, how exciting :biggrin: Wish the other universities would hurry up and get their game on though.
Original post by LadyTee20
Oh my gosh well done!! this is good news, how long ago did you send off your application? and do you think they send them out in batches? :smile:... at least they're actually getting back to people lol

haha, I actually sent my application off just shy of 8 weeks ago! It's been crazy waiting, but atleast the ball is now in motion. Just a bit worried- I spent a good 3 months drafting and redrafting my personal statement. Now I've only got two weeks to do this.. oh the pressure!

and I reckon they do send them off in batches. A few questionnaires were received by others two weeks ago on tuesday, so maybe they send them off every two weeks? who knows! good luck with your application x
Original post by frequent_flyer
that's good news, well done! I just sent mine off, how exciting :biggrin: Wish the other universities would hurry up and get their game on though.

ahh good luck! :smile: I was so relieved when I sent my application off. Hope they get back to you as soon as :smile: where else are you applying? x
Original post by xbabycakes
haha, I actually sent my application off just shy of 8 weeks ago! It's been crazy waiting, but atleast the ball is now in motion. Just a bit worried- I spent a good 3 months drafting and redrafting my personal statement. Now I've only got two weeks to do this.. oh the pressure!

and I reckon they do send them off in batches. A few questionnaires were received by others two weeks ago on tuesday, so maybe they send them off every two weeks? who knows! good luck with your application x

that is madness 2 months waiting :eek: i only sent mine 2 weeks ago, so i guess that'll leave me another 4 or so week waiting.... they neeed to hurry up lol. Im just happy that i've got an acknowledgement, just nervous about the waiting process... thanks though..where else did you apply? I applied to southampton, sussex, nottingham and keele :smile:
Reply 1345
Errr just sent my questionnaire off for History V100 - unfortunately, it was ten minutes late.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you think they'll hold it against me? The bus I usually get home from college was sodding late meaning that my nice planned "ten minutes to re-read and last minute tweak" was turned into "OH SH*TE IT'S FIVE PAST FIVE"
Original post by Elrobi
Errr just sent my questionnaire off for History V100 - unfortunately, it was ten minutes late.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you think they'll hold it against me? The bus I usually get home from college was sodding late meaning that my nice planned "ten minutes to re-read and last minute tweak" was turned into "OH SH*TE IT'S FIVE PAST FIVE"

"I assure you, I chase all
outstanding applications by email and telephone - you will NOT be
automatically rejected for not returning your questionnaire. "

I'm sure you'll be fine. I doubt they'll even notice if it's only five minutes late!
Original post by CZephyr
wow ecology! haha I remember in IB Bio, the topics I dreaded the most were topics 5 and 10 (lol plants and ecology I believe)
haha my exam session was november 2010 (yay no more IB!!)
Are you sitting your exams in May of next year?
I was predicted quite highly - very similarly to your predicted grade :smile: (43/44, depending on TOK/EE components.) But I honestly don't think I performed quite as well as I had done in my mocks.
Ah.. who knows :smile:

Lol, yeah I have lots of friends who hate ecology and think I'm insane... I quite like plants too :P
Yeah, I'm sitting mine in May... I bet it feels nice to have it over and done with!! I hope you did well, do you know how many points you need?
Reply 1348
Original post by Lucysisi
Nope all the questions they asked was base on my ps and there was any technical questions.
Goood luck to you too

UNCONDITIONAL FROM UCL!!!

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

:woo: :woo: :woo:
Original post by -beads-

YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

WELL DONE! :biggrin: Are you going to firm it? :smile:
Reply 1350
Original post by bownessie
Lol, yeah I have lots of friends who hate ecology and think I'm insane... I quite like plants too :P
Yeah, I'm sitting mine in May... I bet it feels nice to have it over and done with!! I hope you did well, do you know how many points you need?

hehe we need more ecologist like you in this world :smile:
haha, well - you experience this post exams euphoria for a couple of days and thennn you start worrying about uni (ahem ahem) and the mistakes you made in those exams.
Oh wait, maybe that's just me :P
haha freedom is near!! In less than 6 months and you'll be..IBFREE!

Original post by -beads-

YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

wohoo!! congrats! haha what did you apply for? lol I can even sense your excitement from reading your post. GO OUT AND CELEBRATE WOHOOO! <3

Original post by asdfg0987
Any international applicant get an offer yet?

OMG YOU ARE A KIWI TOO! :smile: hahaha nope. I applied on the 15th and still nothing!
Original post by LadyTee20
that is madness 2 months waiting :eek: i only sent mine 2 weeks ago, so i guess that'll leave me another 4 or so week waiting.... they neeed to hurry up lol. Im just happy that i've got an acknowledgement, just nervous about the waiting process... thanks though..where else did you apply? I applied to southampton, sussex, nottingham and keele :smile:

aah I see. It's in my sig, but I've got offers from royal holloway, goldsmiths and surrey and waiting on queen mary :smile: QMUL seem to be taking an age though! It's so frustrating, as I want that one to be my insurance and UCL my firm x
YALDE!!!!!!!!!
got a beezer of an offa 4 LAW!!!!!!!
CCB. lovin it, ma mates are all proper jelos. they said i had nay chance.
Reply 1353
Original post by -beads-

YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Oh wow wow congrats :biggrin: :biggrin:
I went to the UCL open day there today, and one of the student was telling me not to choose UCl lol

You heard from Imperial yet?
Reply 1354
Original post by Lucysisi
Oh wow wow congrats :biggrin: :biggrin:
I went to the UCL open day there today, and one of the student was telling me not to choose UCl lol

You heard from Imperial yet?

Thanks. :biggrin:

What? O.o Why did he say that?

And nope, you?
Reply 1355
Original post by -beads-
Thanks. :biggrin:

What? O.o Why did he say that?

And nope, you?

He puts me off now from UCL, he was saying that UCL in a whle is really good bute deparment is not very good itself and i was like ohh :s-smilie: and now i dunno whether its worth it spending soo much living in London for UCl..

Yeh i had my imperial interview already, i know theres a second batch of interview going on tomorrow, one of my friend is going..

You apply to CAmbridge?
Original post by -beads-

YEAH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Congratsss! :biggrin:
Where else have you applied?
Reply 1357
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Congratsss! :biggrin:
Where else have you applied?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Imperial - :colonhash:

B'ham - unconditional

Manchester - had interview today

Warwick - just acknowledgement (but you got in eyy? :wink:)

Good luck in Cambridgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm guna make you a special good luck thread. <3
Original post by -beads-
Thanks! :biggrin:

Imperial - :colonhash:

B'ham - unconditional

Manchester - had interview today

Warwick - just acknowledgement (but you got in eyy? :wink:)

Good luck in Cambridgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm guna make you a special good luck thread. <3

Good choices there, it's almost as if you want us to end up at the same uni... :wink:
Imperial are notorious for being slow and Warwick seems to be very random with handing out offers i.e. no noticeable order.
Thank you!!!! :h:
I'm really going to need it... :colonhash:
You're the most awesome person on here. Full stop. :love:
Reply 1359
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Good choices there, it's almost as if you want us to end up at the same uni... :wink:
Imperial are notorious for being slow and Warwick seems to be very random with handing out offers i.e. no noticeable order.
Thank you!!!! :h:
I'm really going to need it... :colonhash:
You're the most awesome person on here. Full stop. :love:

Read. :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending