The Student Room Group

Failing the second year

Hey
Im struggling allot at the moment in my mechanical engineering degree.
Im just thinking right now, worse case senario, if i failed the second year, how harrd would it be to get at least a 2:1 overall?
What sort of grades would i have to get in the third year to get 60% overall? assuming i get 40% in the second?

Thanks
Reply 1
oh dear im already finding it hard and only in my first year. How much harder does it get !?
i bearly scrapped a pass in the first year, i wish id resat it, and got more of a undestanding first.
It gets allot harder! belive me! lol.
If you come close to failing or scrape by with a pass, i would resit the first year anyway. If i had my time again, that is what i would do.
Original post by steve1991
i bearly scrapped a pass in the first year, i wish id resat it, and got more of a undestanding first.
It gets allot harder! belive me! lol.
If you come close to failing or scrape by with a pass, i would resit the first year anyway. If i had my time again, that is what i would do.

It's not like school, you can't retake if you actually pass, even just about - you're just stuck with it.
if your not understanding the content, try and improve your exam technique - you can normally gain a few marks here and there if you can 'work' the system.

other than that, weneva you get coursework, get help and lots of it from the clever people so you can have some sort of buffer when it comes to exams.

if you got 40% second year, then you would probably need to get a first in your 3rd yr to get a 2.1 as the final year is normally more heavily weighted (in my case it was 1: 3 : 6 for the consecutive years)
(edited 13 years ago)
of course you can! its the first year, if you pass, you can still decide to re-do the first year if you want. Its the same as it you fail. The first year doesnt count for anything torwards your degree.

Can someone please answer my original questions? thanks
okay thanks special k!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending