The Student Room Group

can you go to a club but not dance?

ive been to a few clubs now and i enjoy the environment and music but when ive been on the areas where people dance i feel like it isnt my cup of tea. dont get me wrong i love dancing and i go to dance classes as a hobby but i dont feel like the whole dancing and grinding side of the club is me.

so does everyone who goes to a club dance, is it the whole point? or do people go to a club and not dance but hang out at the bar?

(sorry if its in the wrong forum

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
I usually like to dance... I think some guys sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable though :/
Reply 3
I think its fair to say the majority of people of the dancefloor are drunk, i.e. they are past caring.
Reply 4
My friend says that the best thing he likes about clubbing is just chilling at the bar and talking to new people.
Reply 5
I hope you don't have to.. I never do simply cause it makes me feel awkward, then again I have probably done it when i'm completely off my face lol.
Sure you can sit around and talk to people, dunno
Reply 6
Im sure you can, if you enjoy the music and the scene - should be all good!

I know i personally would get so bored, not dancing but watching everyone dance. But as you've said that you've done it before and have been fine with it - i dont see anything wrong :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by dd4483
I think its fair to say the majority of people of the dancefloor are drunk, i.e. they are past caring.

This. I rarely dance when sober, as soon as the Jager kicks in I am bustin' some moves.
Drink more :biggrin:
You don't have to dance if you go to a club. There's usually a few seating areas if you just want to go for the drinks, music and atmosphere.
Dance Dance ants in ya pants

Get drunk and dance mate, if your still uncomfortable, dont ever go clubbing
Reply 11
I always dance!! My friends end up sitting and drinking and Im in the middle of the dancefloor, oh yeah :sexface:

And then creepy weirdos come to dance with me, oh no :frown:
Just stand with all the men that seem to spend the whole night leaning on the balcony watching.
I love dancing at clubs!
If you don't like grinding go to bigger clubs where you are squished together like cattle and you can bust some decent moves :ahee:
Of course you can't, the Dance police regularly patrol the dance floor and the rest of the club to make sure everyone is dancing

Once you're in the club you have to get past the dance bouncers as you know, they check your level of dance before letting you to Df.... I go to normal Clubs (:
I'll dance if I'm drunk enough (which is the case 99% of the time)
But you can get away with not dancing too.
Reply 16
you can, but it's a bit like going to a swimming pool and then not swimming.
Reply 17
Yes, but it's pretty pointless.

Not to mention slightly awkward when you're with someone just standing there.
I have never enjoyed dancing however found a way around this never go to a club in a smaller group than two. Go when you can get at least five people with you, trust me you will feel more relaxed and have a better time.

P.s Never dance next or near anyone that is busting moves and grinding grooves :bumps:. If you are still uncomfortable go to a corner of the dancefloor where there is hardly anyone there untill you feel more confident then move more into the floor.
Reply 19
It's just a simple case of a bottle of vodka, and boogie-ing your troubles away my friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending