The Student Room Group

UEA- English Lit with Creative Writing

I started a thread on the UEA forum but I figured I'd get more responses here.
I know UEA is very popular for English Lit with Creative Writing but does anyone have any idea of how many applicants there are per place?
I'm just trying to brace myself.

I'm gearing up to send in my portfolio later this week but I'm starting to feel a bit disheartened and I'm questioning whether I can actually write and if I'm just aiming stupidly high.

Obviously, that's still not going to stop me from sending my writing in but I'm really anxious about being rejected from UEA because I fell in love with it and the course looks amazing.

It would be pretty reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this.

DD
xx
Reply 1
I'm sure you're not the only one! I'm happy to take a look at your portfolio if you like? Might give you some more piece of mind to have someone else look at it.
The only thing you can do is go for it. It's great they asked you for an example of your work rather than just rejecting you outright. xD (As they kindly did with me...)
Applicants per place... isn't it about 10 for the average popular spot now? Unsure.

I'm feeling exactly the same way about sending in my work for Nottingham though, I think the only thing to do is stop questioning and just be objective and detached from the process - assuming the work you're sending in is old and not written for the purpose of a portfolio.
Good luck! (::
Reply 2
Original post by awe
I'm sure you're not the only one! I'm happy to take a look at your portfolio if you like? Might give you some more piece of mind to have someone else look at it.
The only thing you can do is go for it. It's great they asked you for an example of your work rather than just rejecting you outright. xD (As they kindly did with me...)
Applicants per place... isn't it about 10 for the average popular spot now? Unsure.

I'm feeling exactly the same way about sending in my work for Nottingham though, I think the only thing to do is stop questioning and just be objective and detached from the process - assuming the work you're sending in is old and not written for the purpose of a portfolio.
Good luck! (::

:hugs:
Thanks awe, think I will send it to you when I get home. I could read yours too if you want. :tongue:
And yeah, wrote pretty much all of it about 2 months ago. How many pages do Notts want? Good luck to you too! Xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending