The Student Room Group

Need help with a test on extroversion and introversion

Hi,

I need to make some research on extroversion and introversion.
Can I find somewhere test results already done?
To buy maybe?
I need the raw answers - not scores.

Please please Help!

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

The book Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour is a good book for uni. I'm guessing it's research on the personality and theorists?
Reply 2
I need the results for a test.

Say something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

By results I mean the results answered by each subject.
subject 1, q1 = true;
subject 1, q2 = false;
etc.

It dont have to be the MMPI - any test will do that deals with extroversion and introversion.

Cheers
The idea of coursework is that you actually collect the data yourself.
Reply 4
Hey

I am not a student - I want to make some research for a theory I have :smile: (more like a hobby)
Original post by raffethefirst
Hey

I am not a student - I want to make some research for a theory I have :smile: (more like a hobby)

I fail to understand why you would want somebody else's data then. It wouldn't be manipulatable at all.

Plus I can pretty much guarantee that you're not going to be given access to such data. It goes against participant privacy and standard ethical guidelines for research.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
>> I fail to understand why you would want somebody else's data then. It wouldn't be manipulatable at all.

Why would it not be manipulatable?
I will take the answers, put them in a database, make a software, find the right algorith and prove my theory.

I have - without exageration - a theory that might solve half of philosophical and psychological controverses.
I found a way to check if is true myself.
But for that I need some data to check if is true.

How odd is this situation?
I made the theory - the whole observation, then nobody (psichologists) want to help me to prove it so I foud a way to prove it myself - and it can be proved - now you dont even want want to give me data to prove a psichological theory for you guys?

So I am doing all the work to prove some huge stuff in psichology and then I am not allowed to prove it?

How outrageous is this situation?

I really need data man.
I pay for it and you need to read my theory and decide that this time a concesion must be made in regulations to progress the science.
There is no other way.
I had the theory on internet but took I took it down as is aproaching the final stages.
You can read something here or let me know if you are really interested to read it I will provide it.

Thanks
Alex
(edited 13 years ago)
Why would it not be manipulatable?
I will take the answers, put them in a database, make a software, find the right algorith and prove my theory.

Because you will be unable to change any of the variables and will only be stuck with whatever that researcher chose to use.

Even if you make the perfect regression model (or whatever you are trying to do), it wont be 'proving' anything.

I have - without exageration - a theory that might solve half of philosophical and psychological controverses.

Lmao. Sure you have.

I found a way to check if is true myself.
But for that I need some data to check if is true.

Get your own data if your theory is so good.

How odd is this situation?
I made the theory - the whole observation, then nobody (psichologists) want to help me to prove it so I foud a way to prove it myself - and it can be proved - now you dont even want want to give me data to prove a psichological theory for you guys?

So I am doing all the work to prove some huge stuff in psichology and then I am not allowed to prove it?

English, mother****a. Do you speak it?

How outrageous is this situation?

About as outrageous as expecting to scab somebody's hard earned data, as well as having them break their participant privacy ethics. You're not going to be given any raw data. It's not ethical.

I really need data man.
I pay for it and you need to read my theory and decide that this time a concesion must be made in regulations to progress the science.
There is no other way.
I had the theory on internet but took I took it down as is aproaching the final stages.

Then get your own data. That way you can actually manipulate the variables yourself.
Reply 8
I've got experience in this I can get you the data you need for a price, nobodys going to sell you their data though it's illegal
It's pointless using someone else's data for your 'research' OP because, as GodspeedGehenna has been saying, you're not going to be able to run repeat trials, you won't be able to manipulate any of the variables and you'll find it extremely hard to get hold of (even then) because of all the ethical constraints involved in psychological research.
I just read OPs blog about his 'theory'. I think we got a mentalist in the house.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I just read OPs blog about his 'theory'. I think we got a mentalist in the house.

:rofl: I thought it was all going quite well until I read 'parallel with robots and zodiacal signs'.
Reply 12
I briefly read your proposal as well, your theory does not account for the nature v nurture debate, you could prove that people's needs are programmed at birth/conception depending on the time of year, but this would not explain how people's needs change throughout their lifetime, therefore ignoring the nurture side. To prove this theory fully you would probably need to conduct the research with the same participants over an extended period of time, which would be incredibly difficult. That said, initial research could focus on whether such a 'programming' at birth does indeed exist or not, then you could go about it from there

Edit: By briefly, I mean I read the first paragraph or so, didnt see any mention of robots :L
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Thanks guys.
I am glad you like it :smile:

I don't want to manipulate any variables - I want to do something else - I know very well what I have to do.

The problem from where you are sitting is very simple - you don't have to do anything or worry about anything just give me data and I will come out with a theory that will blow your minds.

But I need data man.

But I need data man.

I love this catchphrase.

Thanks guys.

I don't want to manipulate any variables - I want to do something else - I know very well what I have to do.

The problem from where you are sitting is very simple - you don't have to do anything or worry about anything just give me data and I will come out with a theory that will blow your minds.

But I need data man.

You've already blown my mind by claiming you're able to support an original theory with nothing but second hand data and no manipulation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Thanks guys.

But I need data man.

Here's some help, then.

Go outside, talk to people. Ask them questions, write them down. Repeat.

There's your data. You're welcome.
Thanks guys.

But I need data man.

You can't just take one set of second-hand data and forge an entire psychological theory from it. Well, actually, I suppose you could... but that's not to say anyone would take you at all seriously for it. These things take time, a lot of research and manipulation of variables; as much as you seem to want to deny it.
Reply 17
I think is hopeless isn't it?
I will try one more time though.

I was working on a horse betting system so I know what I have to do with the data.
Just forget all you know and assume I will do something else and I will come out with a very solid prove.

If there is somebody willing to help me for immediate money or for later profit from my theory please help me with data - or just for science progress (that wont happen :smile: ).

Just PM me.

I will also take the theory down... I thought I did but I see is still accessible if you go to the direct location.

Cheers

I was working on a horse betting system so I know what I have to do with the data.

That's not the point. Data with intro/extroversion as independent variables and rates of STIs as a dependent variable is going to be no use to you if you're interested in 'zodiacal signs'.

Just forget all you know and assume I will do something else and I will come out with a very solid prove.

If there is somebody willing to help me for immediate money or for later profit from my theory please help me with data - or just for science progress (that wont happen :smile: ).

Just PM me.

Your theory is incoherent and there is little empirical rationale behind it. I take it English is not your first language?
Reply 19
No - English is not my first language.

The rationale - was tested over and over and there is not one single counter prove to its arguments.
If you want to give it a try let me know I am very keen to hear it.

About what will I do with data: something sound like a broken disk:
I am saying you have no idea what I will do with data so don't worry and you keep saying that it wont be useful.

How can you say that without knowing what I will do with the data?
I will do something you cant even imagine.
Maybe you can explain that becase I am getting tired of hearing it.
And when you will start to say - whell the variables... just remember: I AM DOING SOMETHING ELSE - dont care about the variables.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending