The Student Room Group

Asked to withdraw from the course. Unfair! 15+k in debt + 2yrs wasted over 4mins late

So I had to do a few resits on my second year. My first exam I ended up being 4mins later than the allotted late period of time which is 30mins. So I was 34mins late for my exam. The woman wouldn't let me in saying it would disturb the students, yet the whole process of getting the woman from the other side of the room to come and see me, disturbed the students much more than I would have, have I was allowed to sit down and take the ****ing test. Also her trying to explain this all to me just outside the exam room (with the doors open) with me frustrated and arguing with her logic was clearly heard by most people in the exam room. Anyway I was not allowed to take my first resit exam, and was advised to attend my other resits despite the fact if I had not retaken this exam I would ultimately fail anyway. So I retook my other exams with little motivation as it seemed a waste of time without passing my first exam. This hindered my revision prior to the other exams and shows in my results. In the end I failed by 4% and was asked to withdraw from the course. I then spoke to my adviser and he said there is nothing he could do but referred me to someone who might be able to help.
So I told them my situation that I am now 15k in debt and have wasted 2 years OVER 4 MINS! I am now going to try and convince them to let me retake the exam later this year and hopefully progress onto the 3rd year next year. Any advise on appealing would be great. Is there a certain form that need to be filled in? I vaguely remember someone else mentioning a appeal form. views please.
thankyou

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your own damn fault for been late.
34 minutes is pretty ****ing late though.
Reply 3
I am also pissed on being advised to attend the later exams which were utterly pointless in attending as I could not pass the year without passing the first exam. This wasted yet more time and money!
It wasnt over 4 mins though was it? It was over your complete lack of ability to get things right.
Why were you 34 minutes late for an exam?
And why did you have to do resits in the first place? Why didn't it work out for you the first time?
Reply 6
a) you shouldn't be failing your modules in the first place.
b) you were 34 mins late, not 4. would you expect to be let off at work for constantly being late and looking for second and third chances?
Reply 7
Why were you late?
lol 34 minutes
Reply 9
34 minutes is quite late...
Reply 10
I think a 30min safety net is more than enough, you should have been there on time considering the importance of the exam.
This isn't over four minutes, though - you were actually thirty-four minutes late to an exam, which you should have taken more seriously.
34 minutes... Serves you right.
it's not their fault, it is yours. go figure
Reply 14
Its 34mins dude!! :L

i am thinking, would you been better of calling in saying your super sick? :L
Reply 15
But you weren't 4 mins late, you were 34 mins late.
Why were you late, then? Why did you fail the exams before? :L
You are a colossal wasteman
Reply 18
Original post by TheGrandmaster
34 minutes is pretty ****ing late though.

There are forgivable reasons for being late which I would rather not mention, I told them this, but basically they just put up a barrier.

Also I read my watch as 34mins late, the woman wrote it down as being 37mins late At the time i didn't think this would matter and didn't correct her as she said they will probably let me just retake it, I now know she wrote it as 37mins late to reassure herself on her decision. Take away the amount of bickering time and it would prob end up being 2 mins late.
Reply 19
what could be more important for a student other than exam !!! Why were u late in the first place :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending