The Student Room Group

Evidence for second masters loan

Back in 2017 I withdrew from my post graduate studies because my young daughter became very ill, and my grandfather was already very ill. My grandfather was so ill I left university to help look after him. He sadly died not long later. My daughter was soon after diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and studying was the last thing on my mind. I only received one payment and then withdrew them. What evidence do I need to send with my application to apply for the loan again? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adamb22
Back in 2017 I withdrew from my post graduate studies because my young daughter became very ill, and my grandfather was already very ill. My grandfather was so ill I left university to help look after him. He sadly died not long later. My daughter was soon after diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and studying was the last thing on my mind. I only received one payment and then withdrew them. What evidence do I need to send with my application to apply for the loan again? Thanks

Hi there, For further funding to be considered for another post graduate course we require evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons, here is a list of acceptable evidence:
- a cover letter describing the reason for the withdrawal and how it impacted their studies
- a letter from the HEP stating the reason for the Withdrawal
- a letter from a GP explaining the reasons for the Withdrawal if the reason impacted your health

Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, For further funding to be considered for another post graduate course we require evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons, here is a list of acceptable evidence:
- a cover letter describing the reason for the withdrawal and how it impacted their studies
- a letter from the HEP stating the reason for the Withdrawal
- a letter from a GP explaining the reasons for the Withdrawal if the reason impacted your health

Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela, I never sought any medical advice or help. I do have a death cert if that would help?
Hi there. Yes, a death certificate can be used as evidence. With the compelling personal reasons, we would advise to send as much evidence as possible. They may ask for further evidence depending on the circumstances. A letter from the university may be helpful, but if all you have is the certificate then you can send this. They would email you with the outcome of the decision once it has been processed.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Do I send the original cert Leah?
It can be a photocopy. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Thanks, just a couple more things. Regarding the 3rd party evidence, what does that mean?
And, does clinical nutrition come under the government funding scheme (used to be nhs funding)? Thanks again!
Original post by Adamb22
Thanks, just a couple more things. Regarding the 3rd party evidence, what does that mean?
And, does clinical nutrition come under the government funding scheme (used to be nhs funding)? Thanks again!

3rd party evidence would be evidence from a university, GP, social worker etc., to verify your circumstance's.

Are you asking if Clinical nutrition is eligible for a bursary? Any bursary eligibility enquiries would be dealt with by the university/funding provider. We can only advise on Student Finance England funding. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Original post by Leah SLC
3rd party evidence would be evidence from a university, GP, social worker etc., to verify your circumstance's.

Are you asking if Clinical nutrition is eligible for a bursary? Any bursary eligibility enquiries would be dealt with by the university/funding provider. We can only advise on Student Finance England funding. Thanks, Leah.

No not a bursary, along the lines of dentistry and nursing. So could I get student finance for clinical nutrition as they do no matter what qualifications I already have?
You mean is it exempt from our previous study rules?

Could you confirm the full name of the course, university, if the course is full-time or part-time, the type of qualification you would receive, and I can check it for you? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 10
It is MSc Clinical Nutrition via distance learning from University of Aberdeen. Does this come under AHP funding?
Original post by Adamb22
It is MSc Clinical Nutrition via distance learning from University of Aberdeen. Does this come under AHP funding?

Hi Adam,

This course isn't classed as an exception course. To be assessed for the funding for the 1 year course you'd need to go down the CPR route mentioned above regarding evidence for your previous withdrawal. Thanks, Jason
Original post by Adamb22

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Just wanted to post to say that if you need any details from your time studying here you can email [email protected] and if you need to get in contact with our online team you can email [email protected] for them. Hope this is helpful and all the best in resolving your funding situation!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Adam,

This course isn't classed as an exception course. To be assessed for the funding for the 1 year course you'd need to go down the CPR route mentioned above regarding evidence for your previous withdrawal. Thanks, Jason

If there are any other courses or questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 14
Hi Jason,
Do I need to send a withdrawal form from university if I already have a letter from a course leader as part of my CPR evidence?
Thanks
Hi Adam,

Is your previous application Withdrawn? Thanks, Ross
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 16
Hi Ross, yes it is. SFE were notified also.
Original post by Adamb22
Hi Ross, yes it is. SFE were notified also.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for confirming. The withdrawal letter from your previous university can be sent along with your other CPR evidence too. When would you be looking to take on the next masters course? Thanks, Ross
Reply 18
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Adam,

Thanks for confirming. The withdrawal letter from your previous university can be sent along with your other CPR evidence too. When would you be looking to take on the next masters course? Thanks, Ross

I’ve actually got a start date of this coming Monday
Original post by Adamb22
I’ve actually got a start date of this coming Monday

Hi Adam. No problem. You can make the application online, but your evidence will need to be sent via post. Thanks, Leah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending