The Student Room Group

Is male masturbation equivalent to an abortion?

Discuss. I'm feeling controversial this evening.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If your logic was true I'd be a mass murderer :ahee:
Reply 2
That's like saying when women have their periods it's like an abortion..

It's not like the egg has ben fertilized.. so... no. So same with the sperm :tongue:
Reply 3
I believe I speak for everyone when I say: TSR, you never fail to deliver do you? :rolleyes:
well, i'd love to know how you thought this one up?
Reply 5
I'd say it is the equivalent to Kelis giving a milkshake.
Reply 6
Original post by A_master
If your logic was true I'd be a mass murderer :ahee:

Lovely.
LOL.
Reply 7
What the...:facepalm:

No. No it's not.
Reply 8
That's not controversial. It's just silly :p:
Reply 9
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
That's like saying when women have their periods it's like an abortion..

It's not like the egg has ben fertilized.. so... no. So same with the sperm :tongue:

You mean women ovulating? We only lose blood during our periods. The eggs come two weeks later.
And our eggs will release themselves whether we do anything or not. If a guy masturbates two times a day, he "provokes" it, and (according to the Pope) "wastes" good sperm.

But obviously now I'm nitpicking, and I agree it is not abortion :redface:
Define: Abortion
Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo, resulting in or caused by its death. An abortion can occur spontaneously due to complications during pregnancy or can be induced, in humans and other species.

So no. There's no foetus/embryo and no uterus and no pregnancy...
Reply 11
Original post by Mittalmar
Discuss. I'm feeling controversial this evening.

I think an edit might be appropriate in your post. Perhaps replace 'controversial' with 'stupid'.

Sperm is 'half' of what is in a womb when a woman has an abortion, and has not chance of actually transforming into a baby in your sack!
It depends what one classifies as 'abortion'.

No process has technically begun, so it cannot be 'aborted'.
So because fertilisation hasn't taken place, it's not an 'abortion'.

Logic, I love you. :biggrin:
If you manage to get your jizz down the bog before the sperm dies, they'll flow into the sea and grow up into sperm whales. So no, as long as you flush the mush, it's not as bad as abortion.
Reply 14
Winner
Reply 15
It is not abortion as once you wipe it off your pene and flush it, it serves to impregnate fish in the sea. So it's more of a bestiality, which isn't all too bad compared to abortion.

Now people that masturbate into their socks are a different thing entirely...
Original post by lizlaz350
So no. There's no foetus/embryo and no uterus and no pregnancy...

You saved the day again, Cap'n Obvious!

Original post by Addzter
If you manage to get your jizz down the bog before the sperm dies, they'll flow into the sea and grow up into sperm whales. So no, as long as you flush the mush, it's not as bad as abortion.

Nah mate, they sprout arms and legs and become frogs. The sperm whale business is just a myth.
Original post by *Lollo*
You mean women ovulating? We only lose blood during our periods. The eggs come two weeks later.

Umm- technically two weeks before.. and the egg is lost at the same time as the blood. You know, while you're picking fault at his theory..
Sometime you can hear their screams.

Quick Reply

Latest