The Student Room Group

Men being beaten off women's train in India.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by basketofsnakes
lolwut

Original post by Liam 09
Poor guys. You can't reason with hundreds of menstrual women on public transport.

thats nothing

compared to this, when men fight back

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by James10000
thats nothing

That's f****** horrible, they shouldn't treat women this way! :angry:
Reply 82
Original post by James10000
thats nothing

That's pretty savage.

Which state is it in? And are the women believed to be affiliated with Naxalites?
whats up with the man doing squats:rofl:
another lulzy indian video

Reply 85
Original post by H.JJJ
Wow...

If you think you're funny, you're not.

Yes I think I am funny, and surprisingly you're opinion doesn't actually change that. In fact, you cannot possibly objectively say I am not funny. You are more wrong then right, seeing as 4 people THUMBED UP my post, clearly showing that some people found it humourous. How many thumbs up did your post get? Yeh, 0.
Reply 86
Original post by basketofsnakes
another lulzy indian video

another video , indians attacking women in bars

Original post by edd360
Yes I think I am funny, and surprisingly you're opinion doesn't actually change that. In fact, you cannot possibly objectively say I am not funny. You are more wrong then right, seeing as 4 people THUMBED UP my post, clearly showing that some people found it humourous. How many thumbs up did your post get? Yeh, 0.

Original post by effofex
Buses are easily often just as packed, especially on the main commuter routes in the cities. I mean state buses here - not prebooked intercity coaches.

It would be near impossible to implement on buses because they don't have separate carriages like trains do.
Women-only trains are quite successful method of encouraging women to use public transport without fear of being in close proximity with men and the possibility of being groped/molested. Conversely I think the (hypothetical) men-only trains would do quite the opposite.

:sexface:

Original post by jaggedspike
You thought wrong, don't comment on cultures you have no knowledge about.

Why are you all taking that comment about "ant-powered trains in India" so seriously? It was clearly a joke.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by edd360
So this thread is only for people who are familiar with train incidents such as this, OK cool, seems like a pretty pointless thread then.

You know, you make it sound as though my "thoughts" were stupid, but when you actually look at what they were being compared to, one might have to wonder...

I think these are women only carriages, not women only trains. I find it rather annoying when I'm on my way home from university (wearing modest clothing) and I have to to deal with men trying to chat me up, despite my best attempts to indicate that I am not interested. There is a time and place to ask for a woman's number, on a bus/train during rush hour is neither the time nor the place. These are frequent events.

Your comment suggests that the practice seen in the videos is 'backward', while I see it as something that needs to be introduced in more countries. Japan is wealthier and more advanced compared to most western countries and they have women only carriages too! It's great.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by edd360

Wow, I didn't realise someone could crave other people's opinion so much! Thank god I don't look for approval on internet forums.

Tell me this, have you actually been to India?

Edit: How about the 18 who didn't thumbs up the post?
India doesn't have the same train-carriage:train-user ratio as we have in England.

As you can imagine, it gets incredibly packed. Imagine the London Tube at 9am.

You can probably now see why women prefer their own carriages, which is why the men are being treated as if they've stumbled into a women's restroom.
Reply 93
I don't care for the reason, but what I don't understand is why next to nobody thinks this is sexist. The stupid generalisation that all men are potential peadophiles, rapists or molestors exists in alot of societies, hell, probabaly all societies. Saying that this is India, where women are treated badly, doesn't justify this. If they wanted the men to go why not usher them off the train, or tell them to get off? There is no need to slap them alot, or push them off the train.

If the roles were reversed, and the women were slapped and pushed off the men-only train, there would be an uproar.
Original post by Danz123
I don't care for the reason, but what I don't understand is why next to nobody thinks this is sexist. The stupid generalisation that all men are potential peadophiles, rapists or molestors exists in alot of societies, hell, probabaly all societies. Saying that this is India, where women are treated badly, doesn't justify this. If they wanted the men to go why not usher them off the train, or tell them to get off? There is no need to slap them alot, or push them off the train.

If the roles were reversed, and the women were slapped and pushed off the men-only train, there would be an uproar.

I assumed that people didn't mention sexism because the men weren't supposed to be on the train. But i do agree with you. I don't think violent women are any more justified than men.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Ah, the joys of large-scale emasculation.
Original post by Absinth
What's with the squatting up and down holding their ears thing?

Yoshimitsu.
that would make a fun game, how long can you stay in the carriage for before a women spots that you are in fact male.
Reply 98
Original post by Luceria
Well, if certain men stopped being pervs. It wouldn't be like that. And it does get very crowded on the trains there.

Yes I know the reason for it..it's understandable, but still surprising if you've never heard of it before though.
They made them do the frog punishment. Reminds me of all the times I had to do it as a child :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending