The Student Room Group

Why do people treat you better when gaining lots of muscle mass?

Like ive noticed I get treated much better ever since I gained alot of muscle mass and its mainly from guys
You mean, why are positive traits complimented? Someone getting themselves reasonably in shape implies they have their **** together.
I have noticed the same thing. Having muscle makes men instantly respect you because you have something which they don't have, but probably want to have. It also shows that you are disciplined.

I think it's also partially due to a bias where people assume that you are a more respectable or "cool" guy because you have muscle. At least that's what I've noticed. As soon as I got muscle I became known as a "cool" guy at my school despite really being more of a nerd. People also for some reason think that I am really confident because I don't speak much and I'm always relaxed, but its really just shyness.

So yeah, having muscle just makes everyone assume that everything you do is cool even if you're doing nothing remarkable.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
You mean, why are positive traits complimented? Someone getting themselves reasonably in shape implies they have their **** together.

Agreed. Kind of a silly question to be honest.
Original post by Agent456
Like ive noticed I get treated much better ever since I gained alot of muscle mass and its mainly from guys

Muscle mass gives your body a good shape and the people around you in turn have respect for your gains. See this as an appreciation for the hard training and a good diet.
Reply 5
Monkey has more muscle mass = monkey is probably physically stronger
Monkey has greater physical strength = monkey has greater ability to deliver a nasty punch

Me be nice to strong monkey = me less likely to get beaten up by strong monkey

Spoiler

(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest