The Student Room Group

Anyone ever tried absinthe?

I might be partaking of the green fairy for the first time tonight and I was wondering how much of it I should drink so as not to get completely ****ed and end up sleeping in a rain-soaked gutter. Only I've got stuff to do tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

A bottle.
Reply 2
I did not get any of what you just said.
Reply 3
Its absolutely revolting.
Reply 4
Errr... Very small amounts? I have no idea about absinthe, but I know what it is.
Not much..
Tried it one time,
ended up so drunk had to be helped on the way home by ex
Next day was not fun :rolleyes:
Think I had fun though..
Reply 6
Half a pint is good imo.
Yes I have. It was absolutely disgusting; apparently my face was an absolute picture!
Reply 8
Not much. Its 70% or around that, so drink half of what you would if you were drinking normal strength spirits ala vodka etc..
Just my suggestion.
Not much? It really isn't anything special which you seem to think it will be? Just really strong alcohol.
Reply 10
It burns so good. :sogood:
Reply 11
Not being funny, but I had one shot of the stuff, five minutes later it hit me like a ton of bricks, sure I had been drinking a few pints before it, but boy it does hit you VERY hard indeed
Well I have only tried black absinthe and it sets your throat on fire.
Original post by sete
Not much. Its 70% or around that, so drink half of what you would if you were drinking normal strength spirits ala vodka etc..
Just my suggestion.

I've seen 89% made by hapsburg!

If its anything like storh 80, OP will spew.
Drink as much as you like. It is absolutley delicious.
I adore absinthe. Definitely my favourite drink.
I've had it before, it's deadly. Only one shot is advisable and I'd have it way before I start drinking other drinks.
Yet again... Goddamnit.
Original post by vampygirl666
Drink as much as you like. It is absolutley delicious.
I adore absinthe. Definitely my favourite drink.

Are you talking about straight absinthe or the 'traditional' way of drinking it?
Yeah, I've tried it and it's actually quite fun - if you do it right.

80% strength absinthe knocked my sideways the first time I tried it - and that was a shot.

I reckon stick to doing one shot, because that stuff does hit you pretty damn hard.
Reply 19
Remember it crystallises in your stomach so when you wake up and have some water in the morning you will get drunk all over again.

Quick Reply

Latest