The Student Room Group

Self worth

Hey! Not really been having a great time with my own personal mental health lately, and I don't really know what'd be best for me to do to get better. I've tried therapy before, and maybe I just haven't find the right one, but the last experience with it all ended with me having an argument with the therapist about why I didn't need AA and how one mention of going out for drinks was not an alcoholic situation. This makes me feel a bit more skeptical about going back into it all because I don't know how they'd react to more of a subjective thing such as relationships, as everyone knows alcohol is bad for you and I don't suspect it'll ever be a genuine problem in my life even in these lower periods. What inspired looking so introspectively about how I wasn't really valuing myself at all was hooking up with a man that was significantly older than me, with an embarrassing rendition of Bad Romance/In The Air Tonight covered on keyboard after. I don't know how anyone can feel secure in their self esteem after hooking up with someone who'd do that. Regardless, I digress, if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

Quick Reply

Latest