The Student Room Group

What is your IQ?.......(Official scores only)

I'd like to put forward 2 questions to those who have taken an IQ test in controlled exam conditions, overseen by any governing body which mensa would accept as genuine enough for entry (in this case, disregarding the score of course).

i.e the real deal, no online tests, home tests etc (I'm sure someone will still make a joke concerning this regulation, I'm waiting.....)

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest :smile: )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This will end well.
Reply 2
a) can't remember but yeah did mensa got it
b) not really, i think intelligence is also about open mindedness and for example, intelligence is related to skill. if you were stuck on an island and you had to fish to survive except you have no idea how to do it and there's another person who's illiterate but knows how to survive- who's more intelligent in this case?
intelligence is whatever makes you most useful i society
'People who boast about their IQ are losers.' - Stephen Hawking.

Why would you take an official IQ test? Apart from wanting to act clever (when it is debatable how good an IQ test actually is at measuring intelligence) there's is no other reason.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Well, I was assessed by an educational psychologist type person when I was little who passed on her assessment to Mensa and I got in. Never took the actual test though so don't know my IQ.

Oh and I think it's fairly useless to be honest. Motivation and drive gets you much further. I should know, I lack both and am resolutely average.
Reply 5
421. My big head accommodates my gigantic fact filled brain.
Reply 6
Original post by ilovedubstep
Why would you take an official IQ test? Apart from wanting to act clever (when it is debatable how good an IQ test actually is at measuring intelligence) there's is no other reason.

The same reason why you see guys driving Jeeps and Land Rovers without ever driving on so much as a dirt track - small penises. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't have it I can't afford to have my IQ tested:cry2:

I did an unoffical one at some event a few years ago, I got 125 and puts me in doctor and teacher category.

Edit: Oh yeah! and this thread will end very well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Fixed...yes yes, it's a pleasure.
Don't know my IQ, but in the top 5% of the world academically.

EDIT: Haha, neg rep? Trolls.
(edited 13 years ago)
148 according to Facebook test
154 according to Mensa test
I consider both to be pretty meaningless numbers. Although IQ tests are still fun sometimes :smile:
Reply 11
This thread = :smug:
Reply 12
Original post by SuperGuy

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest :smile: )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

a) No idea.
b) No. I have a friend who is extremely intelligent academically, with a ludicrously high IQ BUT she is a social retard. She can't interact with people, she's never had a job in her life and she will most likely struggle with building relationships. For me general awareness and being sharp is a pretty important factor when it comes to intelligence.
(edited 13 years ago)
I find that the people who are most likely to have their IQ tested (officially) are either geniuses or retarded. Most people simply won't bother. They may do it out of curiosity of course but I don't see any other reason.
Reply 14
I just tried to do a IQ Test, did it, 40 questions it took about 20 mins and then they sai they'd give me the results once I'd paid! piss take!
Reply 15
depends how hard I practice. Oh noes, my IQ must be going up and down!

Must... practice... rearranging... shapes...
7 1/2
Reply 17
Who? I'm assuming she/he is one of the contestants in a competition/talent show.

Paying to create future z-listers......tut tut.
Reply 18
The closest thing I've taken to an IQ test is the SAT(the American college admissions one) and I ended up with 2120/2400 in that (770 math, 720 critical reading, 680 writing), which is somewhere in the 97th percentile(top 3% worldwide).
Reply 19
Original post by tazarooni89
154 according to Mensa test

Is this number the higher of your two mensa scores?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending