The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Umm.. you can actually go out all night and not do anything without going to uni and thus saving your parents tonnes of wasted money.. just saying.
Reply 2
sounds like you wanna go to uni just to go uni, id advise against this.
Original post by elvis L
i want to enter an undergraduate degree that is in a London university and that would allow me to go out 4 nights(10pm to 3-4am) a week AND have 3-4 free hours(when I could do whatever I want to) a day.
Does a degree like that exist at king's?

Why would you want to be on a course with that much free time? You'd get bored so quickly.
Reply 4
Odd questions :s-smilie: It's mainly arts degrees that have few contact hours, so Imperial probably isn't your best bet.
Reply 5
A degree isn't ALL about partying! geez!

most of it is though..
Why don't you NOT go to University.
Then you can spend the thousands you saved in tuition fees on booze.
Reply 7
Dunno, something with "Media" or "Applied" in the title i'd guess.
Judging by your previous posts, your university choice depends solely on how much free time you'll get.

Here's a hint: Don't go to uni at all. That way you'll have 168 hours free a week!
Original post by elvis L
i want to enter an undergraduate degree that is in a London university and that would allow me to go out 4 nights(10pm to 3-4am) a week AND have 3-4 free hours(when I could do whatever I want to) a day.
Does a degree like that exist at lse?

Depends on the person really. If you're good at cramming in the exam period, then probably. Also depends if you're planning on doing it for all three years or just for first year.

LSE are one of the 'better' universities, so to speak, for free time. The only compulsary things are classes, which, if you take 4 modules, is typically only 4 hours per week. Lectures are (for most modules) optional, and many of them provide the content online (including video lectures for some of them).
So you don't want a degree- you just want to go out.. how nice. It's no wonder student have such a bad rep.
Reply 11
media studies, perhaps?
even with a degree that has a low amount of contact time.. you certainly have to make up for it at home.

I only have 6 hours a week at uni, but spend much more time than that doing work
Reply 13
Why don't you just get a part time job? Rather than wasting your money on a degree which clearly means nothing to you.
Reply 14
So you have no actual interest in any subject? You just want to go out a lot?

You really shouldn't be going to university.
Reply 15
read a book
Original post by elvis L

history-student:how many hours did you spend on homework(self study,individual study at home)?

Far less than I should. We're told we should be doing a total of 30 hours/week including contact time. I do about 3+contact.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Pedsdude
Depends on the person really. If you're good at cramming in the exam period, then probably. Also depends if you're planning on doing it for all three years or just for first year.

LSE are one of the 'better' universities, so to speak, for free time. The only compulsary things are classes, which, if you take 4 modules, is typically only 4 hours per week. Lectures are (for most modules) optional, and many of them provide the content online (including video lectures for some of them).

im planning to do it for all the 3 years.
i guess you are attending lse..how many hours would you say u spend on your course in total(lectures,classes,tutorial etc + homework\self study\individual study) a week\each day?and whats your course?
do you think you could do what i want to do(going out..3free hours a day) if you wanted to?
i know that if i attend a course,i will have to attend lectures..because i think u need to take notes,otherwise it will take you too much time to study at home..so what id prefer is a degree that doesnt have many lecture hours in itself

its seems odd to me that you say lse is one of the best unis for free time..i know lse is one of the best unis in london..and usually the better the reputation of a uni is, and the more you have to study
Reply 18
How about you don't bother? You don't deserve a place at any university with your attitude.
Reply 19
picking a degre based on ability to party? not da best idea when u get to the exam perios realise noone else is going out due to work, and you know nothing about your course and therefore fail first year

Latest

Trending

Trending