The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackthevillain
I think they are saying this because we are Ethnically European blacks are not so Britain belongs to us more lol.

Plus it may be sarcasm because in western countries blacks get treated better than whites or else someone screams racist.

You really are ignorant arent you.
Firstly you can't own a country.
Second, I'd ask you to try being black first and see how you get treated before you come out with these bull**** statements about black people getting treated better. Oh wait, you can't! So get your facts straight.

To the OP,
the oxford thing isnt racism.
the pizza hut thing probably is.
Reply 81
Original post by bunty64
LOL! yeah right. He didn't need to call for police assistance on how to deal with a group of cutstomers who politely offer to pay for their meal after eating it like their fellow diners. If the dumb arse manger needed to the police to tell him how to deal with "black folk" he shouldn't be a manager in pizza hut!

No, he needed advice on how to deal with a group of customers that refused to comply with a rule the police advised he put in place.

You need to stop saying 'their fellow diners' - you're implying a majority, and that isn't the case. The article stated that a group of white boys of similar age weren't asked to pay upfront. That's one other group - whoever served them forgot the new rule.

If it had been the case that the majority of people in the restaurant weren't asked to pay upfront, that's what the article would have said.
Reply 82
Original post by Something_Ironic
They may have stated they were footballers.
And seeing as they were footballers, i bet they were aggressive and intimidating.

what, aggressive and intimidating like white footballers or aggressive and intimidating like black people?

The white manager had issues with black men and thought the police would back him up. The police came asked white diners how the black men behaved. The police had no complaints and so took no action.
Reply 83
Original post by .Ali.
Jesus, there's no need to pull the race card at every possible occasion. There are plenty of other reasons that they could have been asked to pay first. :rolleyes:

Oh, before you call me a racist, I'm of dual heritage, yes I'm white, but my father's family's country and England do not historically get on. If an English person is horrible to me, I don't immidiately assume it's because I'm only half English. The only time I've ever accused someone of racism was when they called me a terrorist and a dirty foreign immigrant (I was born here so epic fail), which was clearly racist.

Just because you are half of a race doesn't mean you can't be racist to that race.
Reply 84
Original post by Aurora.
No, he needed advice on how to deal with a group of customers that refused to comply with a rule the police advised he put in place.

You need to stop saying 'their fellow diners' - you're implying a majority, and that isn't the case. The article stated that a group of white boys of similar age weren't asked to pay upfront. That's one other group - whoever served them forgot the new rule.

If it had been the case that the majority of people in the restaurant weren't asked to pay upfront, that's what the article would have said.

yeh they conventiently forgot to ask the group of white diners to pay upfront. Perhaps they need to be retrained on how to not appear "racist"! :smile:

I read about this incidence in the daily fail the other day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336085/Black-footballers-Pizza-Hut-race-row-Theyre-told-pay--whites-not.html
Original post by blue_shift86
First the oxbridge thing [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1484229] and now i find this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11934942

black people have to pay for meal before getting it but some random white kids who come in can pay after. Plain racist! When will Britain learn to tolerate people of all ethnicities!

Edit: see how the racists are neg repping me for exposing them. For shame!

You see racism against whites by blacks, by whites against blacks, by chinese against indians...etc

That's the pitfalls of a multi-cultural society. You will always get racism, whether it be very strong and explicit such as the national front, or very implicit such as institutional racism.

Gotta deal with it if you're a minority I'm afraid. I'm not condoning it, btw, but it's far too idealistic to think you'll eradicate it. Humans are, to a point, predisposed to be wary of other groups...
Reply 86
Ah, so you're a counter-racist.. the best kind of racist. Kidding of course, don't pull the race card on me(another joke, from a previous post of yours). Please don't hate me because of my silly jokes, my rep is low enough as it is.
But seriously, how to deal with guys who make comments:
just comment on their (obviously) bad upbringing. It'll shut them up if its a good enough remark lol. They're clearly mocking you in a bid to feel less miserable about their lives.

Haha when we do it to eachother it's just banter - we never take it too far. :biggrin:

When someones being seriously racist, I have commented on their upbringing before haha. Someone wrote on my FB 'your a immigrant ****', to which I replied '...And YOU'RE uneducated.' They didn't reply. :teehee:
Reply 87
Original post by puma21
Just because you are half of a race doesn't mean you can't be racist to that race.

No I know, I was just saying before people jumped on the bandwagon and claimed I don't know what racial discrimination is like.
Original post by blue_shift86
First the oxbridge thing [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1484229] and now i find this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11934942

black people have to pay for meal before getting it but some random white kids who come in can pay after. Plain racist! When will Britain learn to tolerate people of all ethnicities!

Edit: see how the racists are neg repping me for exposing them. For shame!

Blacks commit more crime and do not perform as well academically........:rolleyes:
Original post by bunty64
what, aggressive and intimidating like white footballers or aggressive and intimidating like black people?

The white manager had issues with black men and thought the police would back him up. The police came asked white diners how the black men behaved. The police had no complaints and so took no action.

Now c'mon, read what i wrote, i just said footballers, white, black, asian etc.. no racial discrimination, just footballers in general. Please don't assume im discriminating because i'd never.

Aggressive and intimidating like most footballers. You regularly hear of footballers assaulting people and being generally confrontational. All im saying is, they may not have been too friendly, as footballers rarely are decent people
Reply 90
Original post by bunty64
yeh they conventiently forgot to ask the group of white diners to pay upfront. Perhaps they need to be retrained on how to not appear "racist"! :smile:

I read about this incidence in the daily fail the other day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336085/Black-footballers-Pizza-Hut-race-row-Theyre-told-pay--whites-not.html

:facepalm:

You do realise by calling it 'The Daily Fail' you're discrediting its content, yeah? The arguing that it's the more accurate account...

Jeez, why did I even get into this, I'm going to bed.
Original post by .Ali.
Haha when we do it to eachother it's just banter - we never take it too far. :biggrin:

When someones being seriously racist, I have commented on their upbringing before haha. Someone wrote on my FB 'your a immigrant ****', to which I replied '...And YOU'RE uneducated.' They didn't reply. :teehee:

Haha good girl!(im assuming)
Can't beat good ol' upbringing ownage.
Reply 92
Original post by Aurora.
:facepalm:

You do realise by calling it 'The Daily Fail' you're discrediting its content, yeah? The arguing that it's the more accurate account...

Jeez, why did I even get into this, I'm going to bed.

oh really! thanks for the insight! They quoted the players correctly enough.
Funnily enough the majority of the daily fail little englander/whiet expat comments were in support of the groups of black lads.

strange eh!
Reply 93
Now c'mon, read what i wrote, i just said footballers, white, black, asian etc.. no racial discrimination, just footballers in general. Please don't assume im discriminating because i'd never.

Aggressive and intimidating like most footballers. You regularly hear of footballers assaulting people and being generally confrontational. All im saying is, they may not have been too friendly, as footballers rarely are decent people

whats the difference. Just like you believe most footballers will be aggressive and intimidating, the manager thought most black guys will be aggressive and intimidating. When they politely offeredd to pay after their meal, he lost his point and called the police.

we can debate all day whether or not this was as incidence of racism. You don't believe so, I do......

as for you discriminating others, I accept that you wouldn't.
Original post by f00ddude
it could have been the way they were dressed an acting?

Exactly!

I have to admit, I'm human, and if somebody (colour is irrelevant) is dressed in a certain way, talks in a certain way I might feel quite threatened and could act differently to if they were in a suit or something!
It's just natural human instinct. Certain people make you feel wary...

If it was done on them being black alone (very hard to prove tbh) then yes that would be wrong of course...
Reply 95
Shut up and quit whining.
Reply 96
Well, at least we now know why Bournemouth are a **** team: they're pigging out on pizza all the time!
Original post by bunty64
whats the difference. Just like you believe most footballers will be aggressive and intimidating, the manager thought most black guys will be aggressive and intimidating. When they politely offeredd to pay after their meal, he lost his point and called the police.

we can debate all day whether or not this was as incidence of racism. You don't believe so, I do......

as for you discriminating others, I accept that you wouldn't.

Yes i fully respect your view, my friend. I appreciate that you respect mine.
Reply 98
seriously! who gives a f**k!
Reply 99
Original post by danz69
seriously! who gives a f**k!

obviously enough people for it to have made it to national news, a few papers and for a few threads to have been created with over 60 posts! What kind of dumb question was that?

Latest

Trending

Trending