The Student Room Group

Do I HAVE To Pay For A Baby?

Hi,

just a question, not sure if any one will genuinly 100% know the answer to this, but here it goes.

If i made a girl pregnant who lived outside of the EU, if she able to demand by law that i pay her money towards the baby?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

What you know about that? Are big things popping?
Uh-oh.
Depends on the country you live in and the country she lives in. Can egt quite complex when its international - one of my friends dads moved to holland and then didnt have to pay or some wierd thing like that, he left he ex with 4 kids under 12.
On a moral level: Yes.

On a legal level: I don't know. However you should follow the moral level regardless.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by HumanNature1992
What you know about that? Are big things popping?

no, but little things are stopping!
Reply 7
Original post by Callipygian
Depends on the country you live in and the country she lives in. Can egt quite complex when its international - one of my friends dads moved to holland and then didnt have to pay or some wierd thing like that, he left he ex with 4 kids under 12.

well im in england, and she in this "scenario" is from a country outside of europe.
Can't you just wear a condom?
Reply 9
:facepalm:

Pay for the kid.
Reply 10
Original post by Bubbles0ox
Can't you just wear a condom?

Original post by Aurora.
:facepalm:

Pay for the kid.

Thanks for answering the question I asked.
Reply 11
which country outside Europe? I can imagine it would depend on how closely associated we are with that country, so things would be different if it was say America or Zimbabwe. Although I could be wrong and it might not make any difference, either way you still should pay if you know about it
Original post by T.I.
Thanks for answering the question I asked.

was that sarcastic?
Reply 13
Wow you horrible person, not willing to support your own flesh and blood.
Reply 14
Original post by boba
which country outside Europe? I can imagine it would depend on how closely associated we are with that country, so things would be different if it was say America or Zimbabwe. Although I could be wrong and it might not make any difference, either way you still should pay if you know about it

I beleive the law will be the same regardless of how "friendly" we are with a country.

Original post by Bubbles0ox
was that sarcastic?

Yes.
Original post by cruciform
do you mean permananltly :lolwut:

No of course not, I mean *when* he left.
Reply 16
Depends on the countries you are both in but you should pay for it in any case, especially if she's in a country outside Europe where she's likely to be poor and your child will find it difficult to get a decent education and healthcare.
Reply 17
Of course not Lad.
Reply 18
Original post by T.I.
I beleive the law will be the same regardless of how "friendly" we are with a country.

yes its very probably that your right but it might not be. Not all laws are the same regardless of what country it is it depends if the two countries have made any agreements over it. Like how if you commit a crime and leave the country depending on where you go depends whether you can be extradited or not?
Original post by T.I.

Yes.

What country are we talking about here, be more specifid for a more specific answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending