The Student Room Group

It's more probable that God is black, so why is he depicted as Caucasian?

Why does God or Jesus have to be Caucasian?

We originated from Africa, so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is black. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to European superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. We are that force.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision.

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be black.'
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

God is not supposed to be depicted at all :fyi:
Reply 2
I comepltley agree with you on Jesus. But not at all on god. Your right that its wrong he's always depicted as white, but its not more likley that he'll be black. Because like he's not really human or connected with the phyrical world surley.
Original post by Barden

Original post by Barden

Thought that was the case too.

It's not santa, btw.
morgan freeman lol
Reply 5
what makes you think god would have made us in his image?
Reply 6
Who say God is any race?
Reply 7
Original post by Barden

I also mentioned Jesus.

Jesus could've been black you know. T
Reply 8
*It's more probable that God doesn't exist.
Reply 9
Original post by dnumberwang
morgan freeman lol

Lol yeah I was flicking through the channels and a bit of that and it made me make this thread... Rofl.
Why is God assumed to be male??
I thought that there was an article a while ago that said that black people had (i don't know if this is the right way to put this) acclimatised black from white people????

Correct me if I'm wrong :smile:
Yes, that is why the Jews are all black.
Agree with you on Jesus
Black Jesus: "I rode into town on an ass...yo' momma's ass".
Reply 15
I think the real question here is: Does it make a difference? :confused:
Reply 16
Original post by theths
what makes you think god would have made us in his image?

The Bible...in Genesis.. lol..
Santa is also black:colonhash:
Reply 18
If you are talking about the actual God being black.. wtf? I didn't think anyone thought we evolved from God, or that God is of African decent.

If you are talking about the original depiction of God being black, you are assuming all religions originated from Africa, they believed in a single deity and they actually depicted it.
Reply 19
he's the most important being in all of existence and non-existence, why the **** would he be black?

the real answer is that different cultures depict him in different ways and you will find a black god, chinese god, white god, etc. It's just we live in Europe and are influenced by America, so naturally he would be white here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending