The Student Room Group

Would you be annoyed?

I went away on holiday and bought my bf some gifts ect like nothing special. I got some lighters which were more for the both of us that said the place I went. One of them was a black one with sunny beach written on. Now I liked this one too. My bf just straight after I got them out scratched off the words n was like oh it looks cool plain.

I was a bit annoyed he didn't say could he do it he just did it so I was a bit like... I could have bought you a plain lighter anywhere tho. I was just annoyed because I'm like I got it because it said the location on... and you only had it minutes and did that. And b4 he did it he went it would be cool plain black and I even said yeah but I got it bc it says where I went... then he scratches it off.

He didn't mean it in any mean way or so he just did it then when I was a bit like owe why did you do that he was a bit sorry. And ik it's just a lighter and I'm overreacting in that sense but I can't help be like why... and what other sort of gifts would you be like that with.
Original post by Anonymous
I went away on holiday and bought my bf some gifts ect like nothing special. I got some lighters which were more for the both of us that said the place I went. One of them was a black one with sunny beach written on. Now I liked this one too. My bf just straight after I got them out scratched off the words n was like oh it looks cool plain.

I was a bit annoyed he didn't say could he do it he just did it so I was a bit like... I could have bought you a plain lighter anywhere tho. I was just annoyed because I'm like I got it because it said the location on... and you only had it minutes and did that. And b4 he did it he went it would be cool plain black and I even said yeah but I got it bc it says where I went... then he scratches it off.

He didn't mean it in any mean way or so he just did it then when I was a bit like owe why did you do that he was a bit sorry. And ik it's just a lighter and I'm overreacting in that sense but I can't help be like why... and what other sort of gifts would you be like that with.

tbf, I would be annoyed, but he probably misunderstood the "yeah but I got it" comment as if you wished it would be plain black too and that's why he thought you wouldn't mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending