The Student Room Group

Hmmm

Hey all bit of a weird question this is going to be but oh well.

I was talking to this girl who im quite close with (shes 19 and im 21)...yeah and she told me it she was taking her driving test and she was so so nervous
So i said to her that i know a technique to chill the nerves, that i had heard about where you orgasm before doing it so you are no longer stressed

So i say she should go to Ann Summers
she tells me that she has never shopped in there before..believe it or not she said,
I then say to get some 'stress relievers' and she says "not all of us are like that"
so im like ok cool.

So i then say "Do you use them at all" and shes like "naaaaaa"
I then ask something along the lines of "do you play with yourself?" and she says....
"Not saying"

basically what im trying to get at is, if she really didnt masturbate then wouldnt she just say a straight up no?....this is a girl i am close with btw not some random just for clarification

So yeah im just trying to get some understanding when girls say things like that, because its not the first time...i mean why not an outright no or anything?
Some feedback would be interesting...make me understand girls minds a bit better.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Girls don't generally admit that they masturbate, for some social reason or other. 99% of us do it though.
Reply 2
Haha smoooooth :wink:

Some people just don't want to talk about that kind of thing, whether the answer is yes or no. Doesn't mean anything, just personal preference. I'm not really into divulging stuff like that either.
Reply 3
"Not saying" generally means they do but they're just too embarrassed/shy to admit it.
Reply 4
Original post by OrangeSocks
"Not saying" generally means they do but they're just too embarrassed/shy to admit it.

Yeah i was thinking that..but girls confuse me at the best of times because she said no to vibrators/dildos but "not saying" to just playing....its weird how the conversation took that route but i suppose it happens in the early hours, was about 2am at the time lol
Anon for personal reasons.. but I am actually one of the one percent that doesn't however if anyone asked me if I did I would not answer as it leaves men to think what they want to think plus its none of their business.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Anon for personal reasons.. but I am actually one of the one percent that doesn't however if anyone asked me if I did I would not answer as it leaves men to think what they want to think plus its none of their business.

Understandable :smile: you are right to an extent it isnt mens business in general...but were close as i said and she is shy by nature but she does open up from time to time about certain things.
don't you think its odd though..if she really didnt want me speculating wouldnt she just say "no" or "dont ask me things like that"..or just outright block me?

I'm trying to get girls opinions and psychology (as i have come across this sort of thing a few times for different matters) on it, i mean im sure many girls have gotten this question before at some point from someone who is attracted to them, wants to get with them find then sexually attractive etc etc.
Reply 7
Understandable :smile: you are right to an extent it isnt mens business in general...but were close as i said and she is shy by nature but she does open up from time to time about certain things.
don't you think its odd though..if she really didnt want me speculating wouldnt she just say "no" or "dont ask me things like that"..or just outright block me?

You said that you were close, but you never said how close. Have you had sex with her yet? If not, you’re probably not close enough to ask that question.

My guess is that when she said “not saying” meant that she probably does but does not feel close enough to you to discuss it with you.
Reply 8
Lol not very subtle are you OP?
Reply 9
Hey all bit of a weird question this is going to be but oh well.

I was talking to this girl who im quite close with (shes 19 and im 21)...yeah and she told me it she was taking her driving test and she was so so nervous
So i said to her that i know a technique to chill the nerves, that i had heard about where you orgasm before doing it so you are no longer stressed

So i say she should go to Ann Summers
she tells me that she has never shopped in there before..believe it or not she said,
I then say to get some 'stress relievers' and she says "not all of us are like that"
so im like ok cool.

So i then say "Do you use them at all" and shes like "naaaaaa"
I then ask something along the lines of "do you play with yourself?" and she says....
"Not saying"

basically what im trying to get at is, if she really didnt masturbate then wouldnt she just say a straight up no?....this is a girl i am close with btw not some random just for clarification

So yeah im just trying to get some understanding when girls say things like that, because its not the first time...i mean why not an outright no or anything?
Some feedback would be interesting...make me understand girls minds a bit better.

Who the hell just comes out and says this?
"Man, I sure am stressed about that test!"
"You should have an orgasm, it will help!"

:lolwut:
Yep agree with above. If she feels comfortable talking about that topic then she wouldn't find it as hard, but I think generally girls don't hit outright with whether they do/don't. It's more personal for girls IMO.

Normally people would ask a personal question like that if they are in a relationship. Are you two an item or in that direction?
Reply 11
They do masturbate, they just don't say they do.
Reply 12
Oh god. . . .

If one of my male friends asked me if I masturbate, I would also answer 'not saying' coz it's none of your ****ing business! She's not being coy or hard to get or whatever. Why should she tell you?!

Her joking about going and shopping at Anne Summers is not personal. It's a joke which is easily forgotten. You discussing her masturbating is personal, and could possibly turn embarrassing for her.
you sound like such a creep
Reply 14
Yeah , completely inappropriate to even push the subject. And then you pick out the tiny issue of the ambiguity of 'not saying.' Get some social convention.
Hahaha OP you sound dim, my friend.
Original post by Blueflare
Girls don't generally admit that they masturbate, for some social reason or other. 99% of us do it though.

And it's strange cos we guys talk about ****ing all the time. :dontknow:
Reply 17
she blates does. did she look coy when she said it?
Reply 18
She might say "not saying" because she wants to avoid it in total. She knows you'll run back to your male friends and tell them her answer, and if she says "no", you'll conclude she's lying or either way make "an issue" out of it. It's the same as when celebrities say "no comment". Obviously she could lie, but not saying basically means "it is none of your business". If she just said no, who knows, you might never stop asking stuff.

Or she doesn't like you, and she's too shy to say "**** off".
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by IlexBlue
Who the hell just comes out and says this?
"Man, I sure am stressed about that test!"
"You should have an orgasm, it will help!"

:lolwut:

I agree with this!
What the hell are you talking about, OP??
If a close friend is feeling nervous about a test, you don't recommend they have an orgasm! What on earth were you thinking?

Whether she masturbates or not is her business, not yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending