The Student Room Group

It's more probable that God is black, so why is he depicted as Caucasian?

Scroll to see replies

if God is black, then why did he let millions of his own kind get enslaved?

Or to suffer Jim Crow or apartheid? Does a loving God allow his own people to be oppressed? lmao....
Original post by Barden
God is not supposed to be depicted at all :fyi:

tell that to sikhs/hindus with their atrocious idols.
Which "God" are you refering to? Anubis? Ganesha? Thor? Jupiter? Jimmy Page? Who exactly?
Original post by Kaykiie
Well you clearly have some issues don't you?

lol why only highlight the white race part while I also said something about black people that think Jesus was black.
omm idk if this is the best topic. i mean im black but no one knows what god looks like and none of us ever will till we die. making assumptions just leads to problems.
Reply 85
Original post by Student#254
Why does God or Jesus have to be Caucasian?

We originated from Africa, so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is black. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to European superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. We are that force.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision.

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be black.'

God is abstract. Jesus is fictional. Decent threads or gtfo!
God ain't black or the bible would be written like "Jesus died fo yo sins init blud" :3
All three of the major problem causing religions started in the Middle East. In the Middle East there is little water, and as a result little food. When one suffers from both of these, they receive hallucinations. Hallucinations have been known to have caused hysteria in old age, and, alongside the hot weather, can cause permanent brain deficiency, damage and cause mental illnesses.
Religion started on top of this, and infested itself like a cancer in those who were weak minded enough to believe it and on people who were so poor and desperate, they wanted to believe that there is an all knowing power looking after us when we die, if we would but kneel at his feet.

There are few American women who manage churches. There is one in Wyoming run by a woman. Economic disaster failed to close down the church because of kindly donations from those who used the church. The female Reverend called it nothing short of a miracle that the church was kept open. Meanwhile, a 15 year old girl in Burundi is forced into prostitution. She will likely contact HIV/AIDs from rape, become pregnant and die whilst giving birth. Is God omnipotent? Is God merciful, graceful, all knowing? If he is all knowing, why not change these problems? If he is all knowing and doesn't change these problems, is he not evil? If so, he is not our saviour. If he is all knowing, and doesn't change these problems, is he not lazy? If so, he is not benevolent. Or is he simply not all knowing? Then is he all powerful, to become all knowing, to right the wrongs of the world, or to at least open himself up to people who do not believe or have not had a chance to have been shown 'the light'.

God created man in his own form; the first man and woman to live gave in to temptation, very quickly. The second generations of human ever to have lived, according to the Bible, became victims of homicide. One was a murderer, one was a victim. Did God not see this coming? Then he is not all knowing. Did God give us free will, but forbid us to use it?

Is God a man, watching his creation tear itself apart? Does God truly allow this to happen, and then send people to Hell for not praying and believing, despite never getting an opportunity to do so?
When a boy in Afghanistan grows up in a Jihadist community, God never seizes control, and shows this boy 'the light'. The boy grows up, indoctrinated by hate and the will to fight and kill, and becomes one of the thousands who fight British troops abroad and would gladly give their lives to their cause. Does this make their cause just? How come God never intervened, warned the boy that this was the wrong path? This boy, will he go to Hell for his actions, or will he go to Heaven because he never knew? According to the bible, he'd go to Hell.

Need I say more?
Reply 88
Jesus was tanned.. like St. Tropez
jesus was a jewish arab therefore white

god is depicted as white because he made adam in the garden of eden, adam was not black and reflected gods image.

the other idea goes that adam was a composite of all the possible races and would therefore have a light skin tone,
therfore so too would god.
In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

If there is/was a God, he made the Earth, so he can't have come from Africa.
Reply 91
It's more probable that God just isn't real.
Iam of a firm belief that humans are just another species on earth,that was created by a higher power. That higher power could be beings from another planet, or supernatural beings. I believe we are mere actors on earth, no better or worse than other species that inhabit the planet,we are just higher up the chain. and we probably are not capable of seeing the beings who made us and sometimes walk among us,unless they choose to reveal themselves. I also am very certain ,governments have made contact with them.

There are paintings that have been found from the time when humans were living in caves showing flying saucers.or space craft and strange looking humanoid creatures ,which I think is more than a coincidence.That does not mean however that all of the sightings are this but many will be hoaxes or other types of UFO,mlitary aircraft weather disturbances.

The only reason we see god and jesus as white and male,is because christianity is a man made religion,and the churches are essentially conmen ,charlatans and hypocrites. That also goes for the other religions,such as judaism and islam,who just manipulate people for their own ends. To me the only good thing about religion is ,it is an excellent method of social control, live a certain way or you go to hell,apart from that is causes far too many problems. . For all we know, if they is a supernatural higher power, it might be female, or of an indeterminate gender or race, could be like nothing we have ever seen before . Jesus and all the other prophet like figures could just be fairy tales.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Walkin'Butterfly
Why is God assumed to be male??
I assume because the whole Bible refers to God as a he. Bear in mind that if we believe this book shows God exists, you can't really discount the bits where 'God came down, and he said blah'. Not that I believe a word of the Bible, but that is what it says.
Original post by thewiseone
tell that to sikhs/hindus with their atrocious idols.

Well Hindus worship gods as opposed to Gods.

Sikhs I'm not sure about because I have heard from TSR that they are actually an off-shoot of Islam :dontknow:
Reply 95
Why does God or Jesus have to be Caucasian?

We originated from Africa, so therefore, there's a greater probability that God is black. In fact if there were a God, i'd say 99% he black or of African decent since that's where humans evolved from.

It's down to European superiority and evangelism spreaded through imperialism that we depict God in such an arbitrary and ignorant way.

Though 'God' is just a human concept. The Universe has no place for God as we portray him; though there could be an ethereal force yest undiscovered. A force that bathes in the dark abyss of higher dimensions. The force is all around us. We are that force.

God is a paradox. Mathematics does not support paradoxes. If there were a God, who created him... and so on. Therefore, the chance that there was an original creator decreases. So the universe must have been created through chance events; not a creators vision.

Ok I admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about from about in the third paragraph, but my original point still stands - 'If there were a God, he is likely to be black.'

God, himself, hasn't got a physical appearance other than that of Christ, who was a Palestinian Jew, meaning dark brown hair and olive skin.

Now, God created Man in his own image. But Man needn't appear exactly as God does, even if he can grow to. Think of this: when a baby is born, does it immediately look like an adult?

The universe's creation is just as paradoxical without God as it is with. If you think about the Big Bang theory as it is currently held, you've got an infinitely small region of infinitely dense space, which we all know of as a black hole. But where did the matter come from to form that black hole? What about entropy? Entropy always tends to its highest state, yet the formation of the black hole that 'big banged' to form the universe is a reversal of entropy, which thermodynamics says can not happen in a closed system, of which the universe is an example.

Entropy can be forced to reverse - for example by decreasing a system's temperature to below 0K - but reversing a system's entropy requires the influence of something outside of that system.
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
I'm allergic to chocolate
Maybe i'm going to hell :frown:
the devil is probably made of liquorice :puppyeyes:

Ew liquorice. But equally, the devil might be made of chicken.

Original post by robin22391
jesus was a jewish arab therefore white

At that time, weren't the Jews looking like all the other Arabs - darker Arabic skin tone?

god is depicted as white because he made adam in the garden of eden, adam was not black and reflected gods image.

God is white, proved by Adam being white, which is proved by God being white. Hmm.
You have no reason to believe that either is white.

the other idea goes that adam was a composite of all the possible races and would therefore have a light skin tone,
therfore so too would god.

Composite = light skin tone? Wouldn't it be a medium (Arabic or Asian kind of colour) skin tone?
Reply 97
Original post by converselove
God ain't black or the bible would be written like "Jesus died fo yo sins init blud" :3

You sir are a genius.
Reply 98
Original post by SomaliMan

Original post by SomaliMan
lol why only highlight the white race part while I also said something about black people that think Jesus was black.

Well if you'd talked about girls and boys and I'd only highlighted the bit about girls would you still point that out?

I picked out the bit that was relevant to me, problem?
Reply 99
Original post by Pedsdude

Original post by Pedsdude
If there is/was a God, he made the Earth, so he can't have come from Africa.

You know, you'd think people wouldn't need to be told that :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending