The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

I just got an email saying that they have recommended I be made a conditional offer for Biochemistry. That means I'm in, right?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1701
Original post by natashapt
Fab! None yet but i'm optimistic , its only been 3 weeks :biggrin: and if i get no offers i'll sell pirate dvds and go on the dole... joke :biggrin:

:biggrin: thanks.
Aw I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: but I'm thinking the same if I fail my A Levels :biggrin:
I am mailing them if they could lower my conditional offer a bit. Make it more flexible. Currently it stands at 70% marks in my first year in DU. Would you recommend mailing them about it?
Reply 1703
Original post by shubham_ag
I am mailing them if they could lower my conditional offer a bit. Make it more flexible. Currently it stands at 70% marks in my first year in DU. Would you recommend mailing them about it?

I don't they would like it.
They gave you an offer and you should be able to meet it.
Original post by ragaa
I don't they would like it.
They gave you an offer and you should be able to meet it.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. That is why I have just saved the mail in my Drafts. Was contemplating whether to mail them or not. I think a better bet would be working my ass off, wait for my results and then if I get 2-3% lower, shooting them an eloquently worded mail about the same. huh?
Reply 1705
Yes, that is what I was thinking. That is why I have just saved the mail in my Drafts. Was contemplating whether to mail them or not. I think a better bet would be working my ass off, wait for my results and then if I get 2-3% lower, shooting them an eloquently worded mail about the same. huh?

Study hard and meet your offer.
goodluck :smile:
Original post by ragaa
Study hard and meet your offer.
goodluck :smile:

But but do you really think they are that strict that they would reject me if I get even 2% lower than my conditional offer?? :eek:
That is really freaking me out because 70% in Delhi University is freakishly tough. So, I just want the reassurance that they'll accept me even if I screw up just a wee bit.
Original post by Gabriela
I've applied for Law but still haven't heard anything (except an acknowledgment) I really want an offer though :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

Ahh, where else have you applied?
Heard anything? :P
Good luck to you too! :colondollar:
Original post by Sorenfors
I just got an email saying that they have recommended I be made a conditional offer for Biochemistry. That means I'm in, right?

yes, i have received the same email yesterday, also for biochemistry. They will send more information in an official letter.

Yep, that means you're in :yep:
Congratulations! :smile:
Reply 1710
conditional for chemical engineering ^^hahahahahaha
my breath nearly stopped when I saw the email from track

A in maths, and AB in chem and physics in any order~~
:smile:Congrats to eveyone who has had an offer and comiserations to those that haven't, and patience to the rest of us who are in limbo.

It means you have been made an offer. You're not "in" until you meet the offer. :wink:
Reply 1713
But but do you really think they are that strict that they would reject me if I get even 2% lower than my conditional offer?? :eek:
That is really freaking me out because 70% in Delhi University is freakishly tough. So, I just want the reassurance that they'll accept me even if I screw up just a wee bit.

If you don't meet the offer, you're not in. UCL is highly competitive and have no problem finding enough students.
Reply 1714
Original post by Sawasdee
OFFER!!!!

Course - Chemical Engineering
Grade A - Mathematics
and Grade A - Chemistry
and Grade B - Further Mathematics

I AM OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW :biggrin:
(Just wonder, are there any applicants with higher/lower offer than me? or mine is a standard for this year?)

:biggrin: mine is A in maths, AB in physics and chem in any order=), btw i am from singapore
Original post by viola146
If you don't meet the offer, you're not in. UCL is highly competitive and have no problem finding enough students.

That is just plain Sad. :frown::frown:

Now, I see my UCL dream slowly fading away. Why can't they be lenient like Manchester or Leeds. :P
Reply 1716
That is just plain Sad. :frown::frown:

Now, I see my UCL dream slowly fading away. Why can't they be lenient like Manchester or Leeds. :P

Don't worry about it until you get your results. Concentrate on meeting the offer, and if you just miss it there's no harm begging on the phone.

Did you had an interview?? I applied to biochemistry too and I haven't heard anything back after sending the survey.
Reply 1718

depends on the course and subject.
For instance if it is medicine, that would be a rejection.
Why can't they be lenient like Manchester or Leeds. :P

because those universities are not fourth in the world :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending