The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anyone got any offers for geography?

Says it all in the title. Could you tell me your grades as well even if you havent.

2 people at my school have and 1 from another school and im quite nervous to be honest!
Reply 1
Nope, not yet anyway :frown: predicted AAA
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
i got predicted 2 A*'s and an A, for 4 A's at a level and 9 A*'s at GCSE and i just got rejected yesterday...
Reply 3
Original post by JakeNielen
i got predicted 2 A*'s and an A, for 4 A's at a level and 9 A*'s at GCSE and i just got rejected yesterday...

Oh :s-smilie: well that doesn't bode well for me.
Reply 4
Original post by redpanda41
Oh :s-smilie: well that doesn't bode well for me.

It varies from college to college though. I applied to St Chads and some people who went to different ones have got in with lower grades. which is a pain in the ass but ah well
Original post by JakeNielen
It varies from college to college though. I applied to St Chads and some people who went to different ones have got in with lower grades. which is a pain in the ass but ah well

The colleges have nothing to do with deciding who gets offers, the department makes the decisions.
Reply 6
Original post by tiny hobbit
The colleges have nothing to do with deciding who gets offers, the department makes the decisions.

Maybe it varies from admissions tutor to admissions tutor because people have got in with weaker applications than me and got in. Either way the quality of applicants must be insaaane.

This years going to be a tough one
Reply 7
I have an offer (AAA) - guess it's down to personal statement content.
Reply 8
No offers yet (applying for the BA btw, at St Cuthbert's Society)
I'm predicted AAA, and I've already got two offers from Sheffield and Nottingham...
If Durham don't accept me, it'll break my heart. I've wanted to go there as soon I started researching Unis. That place is perfect for me :frown:

I get the impression though that they are very slow at responding, so I'm not awfully stressed yet...
Reply 9
Rejected by Durham :frown:
Reply 10
I've got an offer for BA geography at Durham :smile: i need to get AAA though!

I was predicted A*A*A and got AABa at AS. I think they take more than grades into account though cos i have seen better people than me get rejected :s-smilie:

and my college is Castle!!!

and btw it doesn't vary from college to college, all applications are decided by the geography department and once they decide to give you a place they find you a place at a college they go to the one you preferenced first, and then try a second. btw college places are given on a first come first serve basis, but it is rare that the department likes you and you won't be given a place, but it does happen :frown:

If anyones interested it took them 2 months to process my application.
Original post by Sophia14
I've got an offer for BA geography at Durham :smile: i need to get AAA though!

I was predicted A*A*A and got AABa at AS. I think they take more than grades into account though cos i have seen better people than me get rejected :s-smilie:

and my college is Castle!!!

and btw it doesn't vary from college to college, all applications are decided by the geography department and once they decide to give you a place they find you a place at a college they go to the one you preferenced first, and then try a second. btw college places are given on a first come first serve basis, but it is rare that the department likes you and you won't be given a place, but it does happen :frown:

If anyones interested it took them 2 months to process my application.

You sound unsure as to whether you can make AAA. So why were you predicted A*A*A?
Reply 12
Original post by tiny hobbit
You sound unsure as to whether you can make AAA. So why were you predicted A*A*A?

lol i reckon i can get the two A*s, but I'm not convinced about the A in English Literature!! I find it really really hard, compared to the other two :s-smilie: I got 2 UMS mark of an A last year, and i am resitting the AS paper, so i reckon i have a good chance of getting an A, but you never know, the paper looks harder this year :s-smilie:

Its pretty weird that i'm more confident about the A*s than the A i guess! But Durham gave me an offer that specified an A in Geography. History and English Literature, not just AAA, which (and from other people i know) makes me think even if i get A*A*B i wouldn't make their offer. what do you guys reckon? how flexible are Durham with things like that?
Reply 13
Not very. They give out more offers than they have places for a reason.

Quick Reply

Latest