The Student Room Group

Would you kill a baby?

...if you found out that it would grow up to murder you?

I was on the train today to uni and stood up all the way because there was a lot of rush and there was a mother sat down in my eye line with a small baby about 3-4 months old. It could hardly keep its eyes open for more than a few seconds.

After seeing how cute it was, a random thought came into my head that what if it grew up and was responsible for my death in 15-20 years time. Would I have the courage to kill it then? I thought this is an interesting dilemma and want to know what other people would do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could take the baby, adopt it, then raise it up to be a force for good :dontknow:

like simba and mufasa :moon:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Facticity
You could take the baby, adopt it, then raise it up to be a force for good :dontknow:

Or beat it to a pulp.
No.
Reply 4
Depends if I was hungry or not.... :colone:
Reply 5
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Or beat it to a pulp.

Well, it may survive then in its anger remember you and kill you in a blood lust. So it seems that OP was right here :shock:
I'd train it in the art of the jedi, and then murder it on mustafar.
So you saw a cute baby and the thought that came into your head was murder?

On the subject of your question: no, I think I'd wait until it was older to see how things developed.

If it was certain to kill me yes
Original post by Charzhino

I was on the train today to uni and stood up all the way because there was a lot of rush and there was a mother sat down in my eye line with a small baby about 3-4 months old. It could hardly keep its eyes open for more than a few seconds.

After seeing how cute it was, a random thought came into my head that what if it grew up and was responsible for my death in 15-20 years time. Would I have the courage to kill it then? I thought this is an interesting dilemma and want to know what other people would do?

People are the products of the environments they grow up in and given that it still has a lot of growing up to do, chances are with right care and attention it won't grow up to be a murderer.

Also may I suggest you visit a psychiatrist seeing as the thoughts of murdering newborn babies seems to enter your mindset whilst you're randomly out and about in public?

I would be more than willing to practice taking a psychiatric history from you but I worry for my personal safety even if it is from behind a computer screen.
I wouldn't kill it. I would just be angry that the kid needs so much time before killing me.
No, because then I end up in prison instead of doing whatever. I'd rather live 20 years in the real world then get murdered than 20 in prison and the rest as a baby murderer (because that's the kind of reputation people will just let you live down).
If it was a 100% chance then yes I would.
Yes. Me > it.
Reply 14
Original post by Charzhino

Are you actually serious?

No, I bloody wouldn't. Wtf.
Mate, if looking at babies gives you those kinds of thoughts... you need help!

To answer your question though - Yes.

To quote a video game:

"I figure every time someone dies who isn't me, my odds of survival go up!"
Reply 16
To those who are replying with "Yes", I think you are seriously underestimating how difficult to take a life..let alone the life of an innocent child.
No :zomg: I could not kill a baby!
No I wouldnt (i might send it to timbuktu and leave it there though)
Christ no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending