The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what these UCAS open days are on the left hand side of the portal? I'm presuming they're just a visit to get more info from the department etc, but unsure if I should book if I went on the uni open day?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 661
Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

P.S: My other offers are from Loughborough, Leeds and Aston.
Reply 662
Original post by Felamon
Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

P.S: My other offers are from Loughborough, Leeds and Aston.

I think you answered your own question there pal. If a year in industry is absolutely a must then you're better off going to a university which provides that.
has anybody got an offer for BEng Mechanical engineering???
Original post by DonerKebab
has anybody got an offer for BEng Mechanical engineering???

I applied for MEng mech eng and they gave me an offer for MEng and BEng (within the same application) if that counts
Reply 665
has anybody else had to fill in a 'Fee assessment questionnaire'?
Reply 666
I have an offer for medicine: AAA :biggrin:
Original post by 108
has anybody else had to fill in a 'Fee assessment questionnaire'?

Yep.
Reply 668
Original post by emilylott
I have an offer for medicine: AAA :biggrin:

CONGRATS :biggrin: you must be mega brainy - a few of my friends applied for med...they weren't so brainy :P

Is anyone thinking of firming nottingham?
Reply 669
Original post by Rowan06g
CONGRATS :biggrin: you must be mega brainy - a few of my friends applied for med...they weren't so brainy :P

Is anyone thinking of firming nottingham?

Notts gave me the same offer as you for Genetics:
BBB, it's gonna be my insurance though cause besides Essex its the lowest offer I have..Leeds is looking likely as my firm.. ABB
what are you going to firm ?
Giiiiiiiiiiiive me an oooooooooooooooooooooooooooffer already you stupid (perfect) uni
Reply 671
Original post by Wilzyy
Notts gave me the same offer as you for Genetics:
BBB, it's gonna be my insurance though cause besides Essex its the lowest offer I have..Leeds is looking likely as my firm.. ABB
what are you going to firm ?

I dunno yet, I really loved Nottingham at the open day, but Leeds is likely to be my firm as well.....not 100% sure though. Gonna go look at them again to make up my mind :smile:
Reply 672
Is anyone else having trouble boking the UCAS day ?
Reply 673
I dunno yet, I really loved Nottingham at the open day, but Leeds is likely to be my firm as well.....not 100% sure though. Gonna go look at them again to make up my mind :smile:

Yeah, same. Going to all the visit days..haven't been invited to Leeds yet though :s-smilie:
has anyone firmed/insuranced any of thier offers yet ?
Reply 675
Original post by Wilzyy
Yeah, same. Going to all the visit days..haven't been invited to Leeds yet though :s-smilie:

Have you got your letter from Leeds yet? That's how I found out about when the open day is
Reply 676
Have you got your letter from Leeds yet? That's how I found out about when the open day is

Umm no...I got my offer ages ago...nothing in the post/email though..
Reply 677
Original post by Wilzyy
Umm no...I got my offer ages ago...nothing in the post/email though..

It's probably just backed up because of the snow :smile: you should get your letter soon
Reply 678
It's probably just backed up because of the snow :smile: you should get your letter soon

I hope so!
Original post by MissCardboardBox
has anyone firmed/insuranced any of thier offers yet ?

I have :biggrin:
Are you thinking of firming Nott?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending